Rhaney and Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
These could be our G and C next year. Going from Fisher press conference he likes both them a lot. What do u think.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rhainey looked good before injury supposedly. I expect absolutely nothing from Barrett Jones because he has not shown any glimmers of promise thus far. I wish he had. Never liked the pick. A 4th round pick on a guy with an injury that is known to end careers was a bad idea.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I haven't brought up Rhainey because I didn't want to jinx him. I liked that pick - He really came on late in college and had a tremendous pre-draft workout. I wouldn't be surprised if he owns a spot on our roster next year. Jones, on the other hand...

V3

Hall of Fame
A coach saying he likes his players a lot doesn't mean much to me. I'd like to know what Fisher's seen from Jones to justify the praise. He's been on the sideline for most of his stint here.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Demetrius Rhainey 6 ft 2 in - WT. 301 - 4.97 40 ( faster than any other Center Drafted ) that all I know about him!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Id prefer to draft or sign more talented guys than those two
I agree but would like at least 2 of the first 3 picks used on big uglies and a linebacker. After that then they can draft some more linebackers and o linemen! :sneaky:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am still reeling from the OL injuries. It's a massive hit to this team. Saffold is unfortunately a key for us, if he's gonna be out for any length of time we're screwed, the interior of the line will be overmatched by most defenses.

Jones... Just let the guy play and let's judge him in a few games. Keep him at center, where his intelligence can be best served with him making the line calls. Dropoff from Wells to him may not be significant just gotta wait and see.

OT is going to be fine. GRob and Barks are both starer level talents.

OG is the problem. If they need to go with Person and Saffold they might be ok. Saffold is the key.

Speeps

Starter
A coach saying he likes his players a lot doesn't mean much to me. I'd like to know what Fisher's seen from Jones to justify the praise. He's been on the sideline for most of his stint here.
THIS! What in the world has Jones shown to receive such praise?

And the fact that Jones is injury prone is scary. Shouldn't we get more reliable people in here?

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Barrett Jones was a 4 year starter on one of the best college o-lines I've ever seen and he won every award a college lineman can win. I'm excited he's now healthy and getting his opportunity.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Barrett Jones was a 4 year starter on one of the best college o-lines I've ever seen and he won every award a college lineman can win. I'm excited he's now healthy and getting his opportunity.

Personally, I think IF Jones can stay healthy he will be just fine!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

So if a guy is 1/5 of an offensive line that was dominant in college and the other four players went onto the NFL, does that necessarily mean that Jones was equally as good as the others or did they elevate his level of play?

Forget about awards btw. Lots of guys have been recipients of college awards and did not make it in the NFL. The Heisman is a prime example. Remember Brett Rhomberg? Rimmington award winner. He wasn't very good.

AZRamsFan93

I am still reeling from the OL injuries. It's a massive hit to this team. Saffold is unfortunately a key for us, if he's gonna be out for any length of time we're screwed, the interior of the line will be overmatched by most defenses.

Jones... Just let the guy play and let's judge him in a few games. Keep him at center, where his intelligence can be best served with him making the line calls. Dropoff from Wells to him may not be significant just gotta wait and see.

OT is going to be fine. GRob and Barks are both starer level talents.

OG is the problem. If they need to go with Person and Saffold they might be ok. Saffold is the key.
I am honestly not that concerned about the injuries, other than depth issues if further injuries occur - this is assuming that Saffold plays this week.

Getting Jake Long and Scott Wells out of the lineup is a positive IMHO. Let's see what GRob and Barrett can do.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I am honestly not that concerned about the injuries, other than depth issues if further injuries occur - this is assuming that Saffold plays this week.

Getting Jake Long and Scott Wells out of the lineup is a positive IMHO. Let's see what GRob and Barrett can do.
I think for the long term that is correct...not so sure about the short term though, if for no other reason than our lack of depth at this point.

I really don't see Long or Wells back as Rams next year.

AZRamsFan93

I think for the long term that is correct...not so sure about the short term though, if for no other reason than our lack of depth at this point.

I really don't see Long or Wells back as Rams next year.
It may be rough short term, but there is no hope for this season at this point. Let them learn.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
So if a guy is 1/5 of an offensive line that was dominant in college and the other four players went onto the NFL, does that necessarily mean that Jones was equally as good as the others or did they elevate his level of play?

Forget about awards btw. Lots of guys have been recipients of college awards and did not make it in the NFL. The Heisman is a prime example. Remember Brett Rhomberg? Rimmington award winner. He wasn't very good.

The main point is he was a 4 year starter, with all the talent they had at that time he was never replaced. That says a lot.