RG out in Washington ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Heard on NFL AM the skins are not ruling out picking a QB at 5

Searched for this didn't find it on the ,apologies if this has been posted

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
I could see Washington picking Mariota at 5. But do you really think they would dump Griffin? I think it would be smart of them to grab a QB to back up RG3 since he has a lengthy injury history

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Redskins have a lot of needs... If they take Mariota, they don't really solve any problems as much as they create them. There would be QB controversy no matter who was playing.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Redskins have a lot of needs... If they take Mariota, they don't really solve any problems as much as they create them. There would be QB controversy no matter who was playing.
Yeah I think if the skins "dump" him it'd be a trade for picks

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then we could sign him for a reserve/comeback attempt so the trade would literally be "skins have up picks for nothing"

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Which team would be interested in trading the priceless ultra high valued draft picks for RG3?

Would it be a long list or a very very short list?

What other NFL team would RG3 be the best fit playing for?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think its safe to say that Washington would be wise to sure interest in Mariota, may cause a team behind them to move up. They sure could use the extra picks.
I never doubted that the Rams "won" that trade, but who knows what "coulda" been had he not blown his knee. Washington was the darlin' of the league with RGIII leading them in to the playoffs.
Then?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd dump him.

I am a big believer in 'buy in' from players and RGIII doesn't seem to buy into what coaches are trying to do.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd dump him.

I am a big believer in 'buy in' from players and RGIII doesn't seem to buy into what coaches are trying to do.
Thats how I see it ,the biggest factor in coaching is getting the players to let you coach them. RG has resisted coaching enough to make me believe he always will.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Biggest fleece in NFL history.

I still think the Herschel Walker trade gets top honors for biggest fleece, but RGIII is right up there. One of those picks was Emmitt Smith. who history will tell you beats the h3ll out of Walker. With so many picks, you don't have to choose between Jimmy Smith and Darren Woodson, you just take them both. Critical to the question of "biggest fleece", the Cowboys won 3 three Super Bowls within a few years (5? 6?) after the Walker trade. That's not to say that the Walker trade was the ONLY reason the Cowboys went on to have such a historic run, but it certainly was a major contributor.

Now if only the Rams could do the same with their bounty...

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Now, this year lets find a Larry Allen

Greg Robinson?

Don't forget, it took Larry Allen a year to start hitting his stride. But once he got over the mental part of the game, those physical attributes took over and the rest was a HoF history.

Not to heap too much pressure onto GR79, but you have to admit the comparison has merit.

Athos

Legend
I'd dump him.

That and I don't think anyone but DJax really even likes him on that team.

I'm not sure Mariota is a fit in the WCO either. I see Mariota as RGIII 2.0.

Maybe, but I'll bet Mariota has a better head on his shoulders and much more of a willingness to adapt to w/e system utilizes his talents the best without creating sideshows ala RG-Me.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I still think the Herschel Walker trade gets top honors for biggest fleece, but RGIII is right up there. One of those picks was Emmitt Smith. who history will tell you beats the h3ll out of Walker. With so many picks, you don't have to choose between Jimmy Smith and Darren Woodson, you just take them both. Critical to the question of "biggest fleece", the Cowboys won 3 three Super Bowls within a few years (5? 6?) after the Walker trade. That's not to say that the Walker trade was the ONLY reason the Cowboys went on to have such a historic run, but it certainly was a major contributor.

Now if only the Rams could do the same with their bounty...

Having a franchise QB who could stay healthy already in place before the trade was ever made was certainly a huge help (as was having Michael Irvin). With all those extra draft picks they were able to put in the additional pieces necessary around their QB, who managed to stay on the field.