Report: 49ers halt negotiations with Kaepernick amid police investigation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
_h512_w909_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

2 hr ago By FOX Sports
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...ons-with-kaepernick-amid-police-investigation

The 49ers have put contract talks with quarterback Colin Kaepernick on hold amid a police investigation into an incident involving a woman at a Miami hotel earlier this month, NFL.com reports.
The 49ers and Kaepernick were not close on finalizing a deal that is expected to exceed $18 million per year when negotiations were put on hold, according to the report.
In addition to Kaepernick, the police report on the incident also names 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton and Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette as possible suspects.
FOX Sports' Kevin Vaughan and Mike Garafolo previously reported that the woman who filed the report on April 4 told Miami police that the players encouraged her to smoke marijuana and that after she was undressed by Kaepernick and ended up in a hospital with no memory of what happened or how she got there, according to a copy of the incident report. She also told police she had a prior sexual relationship with Kaepernick.
Initial media reports suggested that a sexual assault had occurred, but there is nothing in the report that clarifies exactly what happened. The report itself has "police information" listed in the area where a specific crime would normally be included.
In a series of tweets sent out last Friday, Kaepernick defended his reputation, saying he was dealing with "someone who makes things up."
"I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up," one of them read.
"I want to thank all of the people who have shared their encouraging sentiments. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced," he wrote in the other.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't wish anything bad for this kid even though my two favorite teams in the NFL are the Rams and anybody else playing the San Francisco 49ers, however, as the saying goes..."You are judged by the company you keep." For the record I do think Kaepernick is a great talent and I hope nothing truly comes from this because I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt albeit they represent a team I despise.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I try not to judge. But it doesn't prevent me from mocking. The only real excuse for being a fool is an actual deficiency in brain function, such as being mentally handicapped. Otherwise it is poor judgement.

We are all different. We all have different backgrounds that conditioned us to become who we are. But there are also common denominators. There are certain obvious things that one should not do. There are also lessons that most grown men should have learned by a certain age.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This whole incident, IMO, is nothing.

I hope the 49'ers sink a ton of money on this guy. Because, it's not Kaeperdick I fear when playing the 49'ers - it's the defense.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I hope the 49'ers sink a ton of money on this guy. Because, it's not Kaeperdick I fear when playing the 49'ers - it's the defense.
I agree that it is probably being overblown and will not result in any charges be issued but I, respectfully, disagree that it is nothing. At the very least it shows poor judgement in putting himself in that situation to begin with. I don't think we'll ever see Sam in such a report and that is exactly what I expect from the "face of the franchise".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree that it is probably being overblown and will not result in any charges be issued but I, respectfully, disagree that it is nothing. At the very least it shows poor judgement in putting himself in that situation to begin with. I don't think we'll ever see Sam in such a report and that is exactly what I expect from the "face of the franchise".

You said it best.

Agree. Overblown.

Agree. Poor judgement.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
no, No, NO!!

Give him 20 million for 8 years, gurantee 120 million of it, and don't look back.

Throw in a couple million more just for giggles.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

That^^^ . This can only hurt us and help the shitbag niners. They will end up getting him cheaper, and he will play pissed off and better....

TexasRam

Legend
Most overated QB in the NFL. Literrally that defense could win with any QB. Putting 18 mill a year in his pocket is franchise suicide. Please do it.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Most overated QB in the NFL. Literrally that defense could win with any QB. Putting 18 mill a year in his pocket is franchise suicide. Please do it.
It's sure be interesting to test that theory if they go with Gabbert at some point.

I guess I'm not actually wishing any ill will on CK but I don't think I'd care which team he was on in terms of him being a douche. Kobe clone who cares more about street cred than being thankful and appreciating growing up in a nice family and a good situation. The guy's a total phony and a douchebag.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I bet CK's agent doesn't have enough fingers to plug the holes in the dam of what CK calls his reputation/career. IMO, CK has always been more focused on his reputation and less about being a quality NFL player. Funny how ESPN, NFL Network, etc. hoisted him up on a pedestal as the next great QB in the NFL. He was the product of being on a team that doesn't have to rely on him winning games every week. Just ask Trent Dilfer about his SB winning season.

A couple things I question. One, what is a girl doing in a room full of testosterone and drugs thinking nothing bad can come from it? Two, why can't guys like CK understand there are predators, both men and women, looking to take advantage and use them. Like I said, guilty or not, this kid is an idiot for putting himself in the situation.

My prediction is it will be a three team race for the NFC West this year between the RAMS, sea-chickens and cardinals. With all the distractions the whiners have faced so far this off-season and yet more to come, they will not make the playoffs and will self-destruct.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I bet CK's agent doesn't have enough fingers to plug the holes in the dam of what CK calls his reputation/career. IMO, CK has always been more focused on his reputation and less about being a quality NFL player. Funny how ESPN, NFL Network, etc. hoisted him up on a pedestal as the next great QB in the NFL. He was the product of being on a team that doesn't have to rely on him winning games every week. Just ask Trent Dilfer about his SB winning season.

A couple things I question. One, what is a girl doing in a room full of testosterone and drugs thinking nothing bad can come from it? Two, why can't guys like CK understand there are predators, both men and women, looking to take advantage and use them. Like I said, guilty or not, this kid is an idiot for putting himself in the situation.

My prediction is it will be a three team race for the NFC West this year between the RAMS, sea-chickens and cardinals. With all the distractions the whiners have faced so far this off-season and yet more to come, they will not make the playoffs and will self-destruct.

Spot on MT! Great post.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's too bad.
I was hoping the whiners would give him a fully guaranteed 300 mill / 10 year contract.