Real or fake? You decide

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/rnr/4723589172.html

ABILENE, TX--Stephen K. Walker, French M. Robertson Unit inmate in Abilene, Texas, is on death row for murder and cannibalism of the 2006 case that sentenced him to death.

When asked what he would want his final meal to be, he said with no hesitation, "A little boy."

The Department of Corrections are supposed to accept all the demands of any kind. So it was initially thought that they were buying a corpse in a morgue to satisfy the desires of Stephen Walker.

But tables turned when it was said that they were trying to find a toddler from a third world country and buy him/her alive within a budget of $25,000.

State representative Michael Rath talked to the media briefly with words that he thought would clear the situation some:

"We live in a country where we have laws in place and morals, and we will look to grant Mr. Walker his request under certain circumstances that we have yet to agree to." He stated.

As far as the 'circumstances,' it is rumored that the child would have to suffer from some type of degenerative disease, with a few years to live. And by honoring Walkers request it saves the child from years of suffering.

We will see how this plays out. Walker will be executed next Saturday.

And just for comparison here are some last meal requests from prior death row inmates:

John Wayne Gacy was executed by the State of Illinois on May 10, 1994 for the rape and murders of 33 young men and boys from 1972 to 1978. The "Killer Clown's" last meal was: a dozen deep-fried shrimp, a bucket of original recipe chicken from KFC, French fries, and a pound of strawberries.

Serial killer Ted Bundy was executed by the State of Florida on January 24, 1989. His last meal was: nothing. He made no special requests and was given the traditional meal of steak and eggs... but he didn't eat it.

Timothy McVeigh was executed on June 11, 2001. His last meal was: two pints of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed June 18 2010 by firing squad in Utah. His last meal was: steak, lobster tail, apple pie, vanilla ice cream and 7-up for his last meal... which he ate while watching the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Last meals have limitations. For example, most don't allow tobacco or alcohol. Many also have price limits, Oklahoma's is only 15 bucks, which is good for some McDonalds I guess.

Either way, the story is fake, especially since Texas abolished special last meals a few years ago after an inamte ordered a shit load of food, chicken, pizzas, burgers, bbq, and a bunch more and then refused to eat it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
One would think if there were truly no limitations, he's order a gun or something to escape with.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fake! It's insane to believe anyone would even consider his request! Even if it did happen!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Whatever happened to a cake with a file in it? Ah, for the good old days.

Either way, the story is fake, especially since Texas abolished special last meals a few years ago after an inmate ordered a crap load of food, chicken, pizzas, burgers, bbq, and a bunch more and then refused to eat it.

Way to ruin it for everyone else, dumbass.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would say have Taco Bell and shut the fuck up its going to be flying out of your ass after we hang you anyway

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
The reason people make this shit up about Texas is cause we're the fucking best!!!
REAL
We feed our cannibals only the finest cuts of " little boy" available
They didn't mention he also asked for tapioca pudding - I heard no outrage about this !
Did you know tapioca is harder to find that little boy ?
Where's the outrage ????

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Jeffry Dahmers Mother: "Jeffy ,I don't like your friends"

Jeffry: "Then just eat the veggies ma"

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I like how finding a sick kid from a third world country somehow is supposed to seem less atrocious. You actually are asking if this is real? :not sure if serious: Is the original source of this story "The Onion"?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Considering that this story is only listed on reputable news sites that have the letters wtf in them, Facebook, and the link you shared is from Craigslist, I believe it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. Don't even give this fucker a last meal. Just throw him into a pen with a hungry grizzly bear. See how he likes it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
But tables turned when it was said that they were trying to find a toddler from a third world country and buy him/her alive within a budget of $25,000.

Ummm, yeah. Texas spending $25 THOUSAND on a convict's last meal??? Guy's got a better chance of getting a day pass to eat out for his last meal...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's funny, the story is so unbelievable that it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Weirder things have happened, right?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
If I was about to be executed, my last meal would be neverending pasta and breadsticks from the Olive Garden.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the whole concept of a last meal is so the condemned can be drugged with the laced meal to ensure calm on the way to the gallows.