LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, because I think Ben Afleck is a tool, but....
The Accountant was pretty dang good, I'd give a solid 8/10. Would have scored higher if they would have had Anna Kendrick dressed more appropriately.
Predictable and a bit cliché but well worth the watch

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

suicide squad - 2/10.

i heard this was bad but i didn't truly understand until i watched it. horrible movie.

the guy playing the joker did a great job but the character had no place in the movie and added zero to the movie even if he was the only interesting character in the movie.

i gave the movie 2 points. 1 point for each of harley quinn's butt cheeks. it was a thing of beauty. although when she talked it sounded like she thought she was on the set of "the nanny".

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Spider-man Homecoming

9/10

I actually liked it better then Wonder Woman , and I liked Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman is favorite DCU film

Homecoming is a much smaller film ,and there isn't really a whole lot of action , as far as super hero movies go , but I sat watching this film grinning from ear to ear from start to finish

but for me and comic books , it's always been Spider-man............................and then everybody else

easily my favorite Spider-man movie , and top two movies in the MCU , Captain America : Winter Soldier , is probably still my favorite MCU film , but it's close and might change later on after I've watched it another 10 times...................lol

really had fun looking for all the Easter eggs , like the scene where Spider-man is running through everyone's back yards trying to catch up with the van was a homage to those John Hughes films of the 80's

then ya have Donald Glovers character , even by himself is a big Easter egg , but then he mentions he has a nephew , huge Easter egg , there are a lot more great Easter eggs , but you guys will just have to find them on your own................lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Intern with Robert Dinero. I really liked it.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7.8 / 10 the Stanford Prison Experiment :
Twenty-four male students out of seventy-five were selected to take on randomly assigned roles of prisoners and guards in a mock prison situated in the basement of the Stanford psychology building. based on the actual experiment run by Dr Philip Zimbardo at Stanford Univ. in August 1971. (IMDB)

It was funded by the U.S. Office of Naval Research[2] as an investigation into the causes of difficulties between guards and prisoners in the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps. The experiment is a topic covered in most introductory psychology textbooks.[3] (Wikipedia)

i had no prior knowledge of this beforehand (one may either have to be well informed or a psychology(ist) major to have had any, so that in itself made it more interesting once i realized it was based on an actual event . was interesting to watch as the experiment unfolded and pretty much took on a life of its own .

Last edited:

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sully 8.5/10
another movie based on an actual event. tom hanks does it again along with clint directing. my main take from this was how a big company immediately tries to blame the employee (with inadequate and insufficient computer evidence) for their "loss" of an airplane in this instance, instead of rejoicing a possible 100 + lawsuits being avoided due to the great work done by Capt Sullenberger and his crew among others.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dale and Tucker vs Evil. 7.5 /10
i like movies where i can just watch and not have to think and still enjoy. i really liked the "wood chipper scene from Fargo" making a cameo as well.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Wonder Woman - 8.5/10 - FINALLY a DC movie where the hero actually gets to be a ....HERO! What a concept.
Nice origin story and great cast. It got a little predictable in the end and relied on the standard BIG BOSS fight at the end, but it was done well.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2- 8/10 - I can't put my finger on it... but I just didn't like it as much as everyone else. Something was missing for me. The first was better, imo. They pulled a bit of an Empire Strikes Back on us and split the team up. Drax was reduced to comic relief and really didn't do ANY ass-kicking. The baby Groot thing got a little tiring and repetitive after a while too. Rocket and Yondu saved it for me, though.

Alien Covenant -
7/10 - I liked Prometheus more than most. I really love the Alien "universe" and want to see the world expanded upon. But just like Prometheus, this one didn't answer many questions. I hated the ending. Had it been different it might have bumped this up to an 8.

Life
- 6.5/10 - Like with most Space horror films, some REALLY dumb decisions/choices are made by these astronauts. I mean, these people are supposed to be geniuses in their field... yet, they make some piss-poor decisions. Even my 9 year old was screaming at the screen.

John Wick 2 - 9/10 - I think the first one was a perfect 10 for me. Great action, great soundtrack, simple storyline. This one expands upon the world of the assassin and is ALMOST up to par with the 1st. Cool movie.

Logan - 10/10 - Not a perfect film. But it gets the nod from me for sentimental reasons. Great story and a fitting conclusion to Logan's story. Great idea teaming Logan up with Xavier and a kid on a road trip/exodus. Would have liked to have seen Sabretooth as the big bad in the end... but I'll forgive 'em. The action scenes are just brutal and what we SHOULD have got from Wolvie films from the jump.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Going to be a strange entry but I watched an old movie from the 90's The Warlord: Battle for the Galaxy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142973/

It was apparently meant to be a pilot for a TV series for UPN network but they never picked the series up. It's your typical 80's/90's sci-fi TV it borrows from many of the others of the era but it looks like it might have been somewhat entertaining.

7/10

Going to watch another such show soon called Star Command.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Some recent ones I saw at home and theater:

Suicide Squad: 6/10. OK it wasn't THAT bad. I can't stand it when critics blast movies and people follow them like the gospel. This was the first time the mainstream audience was introduced to these characters. I thought each one had a great backstory, and uniting at the end. It's not easy to do that in a team-up movie.

Independence Day: Resurgence: 5/10. It was alright, decent sequel. The spaceship battles were cool to see.

Baby Driver: 6/10. Not my kind of movie. But I can see people who like this genre will love it.

Spider Man Homecoming: 6.5/10. IDK, something about this one just felt missing. I liked how it didn't take itself too seriously as opposed to most of the other MCU films, but it didn't have that cheer-inducing MOMENT like the other movies do (i.e. Dr. Strange first levitating, cape and all; Thor running and catching Mjolnir to beat Malekith, Iron Man summoning his House Party, and of course, Cap and Iron Man duking it out). Again, not saying this was a bad movie, I enjoyed but just want a little bit more.

Having said that, I loved Vulture in this movie. I could really relate to him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guardians of the Galaxy 2- 8/10 - I can't put my finger on it... but I just didn't like it as much as everyone else. Something was missing for me. The first was better, imo. They pulled a bit of an Empire Strikes Back on us and split the team up. Drax was reduced to comic relief and really didn't do ANY ass-kicking. The baby Groot thing got a little tiring and repetitive after a while too. Rocket and Yondu saved it for me, though.
Felt the same way. Original was a 10, gave the 2nd an 8.
Cast is phenomenal and cant go wrong. Groot annoyed me...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not a movie but watched a Netflix series called American Odyssey. It stars Annie Friel (Land of the Lost) and Peter Faccinelli. It is about a corrupt corporation funding terrorists. Friends character stumbles on some info and is chased across Africa. She is an American soldier being hunted by military mercy. There are two groups back home investigating the same scandal. Annie is very plane looking in this series but Damon she is pretty in her own way and the acting is very good, especially her. I loved it. It is riveting. Total 10/10 in my book.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Logan - 10/10 - Not a perfect film. But it gets the nod from me for sentimental reasons. Great story and a fitting conclusion to Logan's story. Great idea teaming Logan up with Xavier and a kid on a road trip/exodus. Would have liked to have seen Sabretooth as the big bad in the end... but I'll forgive 'em. The action scenes are just brutal and what we SHOULD have got from Wolvie films from the jump.
I really loved that movie. The fight scenes were chaotic and gory. The whole story was dark. The tragedy of the slaughter they brought upon the family who invited them to stay for the night, and the guilt that the deteriorating Xavier carried with him, his insistence on staying there being just an unrealized example of how flawed his decision making had become. Heck, the guilt that Logan must have felt for not standing his ground against the dotard so obviously far fallen from his old professor.

The conversation with his daughter about hurting people where she explains that they were all bad people and he tells her all the same. In the end, he was just a father motivated by instinct to protect his feral daughter. I agree with you that Sabertooth would have been a much better story than his brainless and maybe son?

I guess I loved the theme, but it was my favorite comic book movie yet.

I also agree with your take on Wonder Woman, and I expected the choreography to be much better, although I dig that it was a bit like flipping through the pages of a comic book.

fearsomefour

Legend
IT.
Really well done.
Much better, not surprisingly, than the last version.
Pennywise is much more sinister and scary.
A lot of cursing.
For some reason kids cursing makes me a little uncomfortable. Not sure why. I cursed like a drunk sailor when I was a young teen and anyone would be cursing is being pursued by a demonic killer chown.
Pretty loyal (going off memory) to the King story. Although they set it up for sequels. No idea if IT was part of a series of stories from King or not.
The story is about facing fears and either giving into them or defeating them. This subtext was totally lost on me as a kid.
Each kid has their own fears, besides Pennywise the Dancing Clown, to overcome.
My five takeaways from IT.....
1) Reminded me what a great band name Pennywise was.
2) A deeper story than I remember.
3) A darker story than I remember.
4) All these little kids are good actors now. No one could act back in the day.
5) F clowns.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It was just one book . but it did jump back and forth between childhood and adult hood. . where the movie is just about their childhood . the sequel will be about when they were adults like 27 years later

Haven't seen it yet . but looking forward to it next weekend
This weekend we were in Ames for the Iowa vs Iowa State game

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
IT

I'm not sure how I really felt about the film. First of all, I read the book shortly after it came out which is like 30 years ago so I only vaguely remember the story. And this is not the WHOLE story--just the kids story. I think it's a film I would have enjoyed more if I HAD read the book again. I won't post spoilers but there were some questions I had regarding certain things in the film and I'm sure that the book would have cleared them up. So I had a little confusion with some things.

I am not big on "kid" characters. First of all--films seldom pull that off realistically or effectively. They tend to read better than project better in a film. These characters seem to be kids I would more link to an era like the 50s than the 80s--and I checked wikipedia and the book takes place in the late fifties of their childhood years. Just having kids swear more doesn't really pull them into the 80s---and the town itself is really a town from the fifties. Maybe it would have been better to just let the story take place in that era. But the kids--each a sort of cliche as an outcast, is okay but feels dated.

I thought the child actors were very well cast and very talented. Adults are only peripheral characters in this story and most of them are dysfunctional in their own right. As the film progressed I sort of got used to the feeling that the characters were from a different era and just bought into the story.

As I said--the story itself would have been clearer to me had I read the book recently. If you have no familiarity with the story you'll have to satisfy yourself with the conclusion that , "that's just the way things are or this happens because it just does".

I never really felt the kids were as scared of Pennywise as they should have been. As an adult--I would run in the other direction as fast as I could to the nearest mental ward. But that would be a lousy story.

Pennywise and the actor who portrayed him, Bill Skarrsgard was great. I thought the film got that right. They also added a bit of humor to the character in just the right amount, walking a fine line between comedy and terror. Some of the horror scenes were very well done. And the film was well paced.

But it's really the story of the kids.

I read one review where the reviewer called it a sort of Steven Spielberg horror film and I get that. I thought that was a pretty good description. While there are some very dark scenes there is still a soft edge to it.

I really wanted to love this film.

I just liked it instead.

I really wished I had read the book before seeing it. I just have a feeling that anyone who did that would fall more to the "love" it side. You don't have to read the book. It's not THAT confusing. But I wish I had.

I think the Stephen King adaptation I loved the most, "The Shining" was one that King himself hated. I think most of his books have not translated particularly well to film. And I love his books.

There is a second film coming--the adult story. And I'll be in line to see it. And I hope I'll love it. But I looked at "IT" at a Barnes and Nobles the other day. HUGE book. I probably won't be reading it before seeing the next film.

This is not a bad film. I don't think it's a great film either.

My expectations were probably too high anyway and that's not usually good when you're going to see a film.

If you're a fan of horror I'd say to go check it out. What horror fan doesn't love scary clowns?

And Pennywise is scary.

I'll give it 7/10

fearsomefour

Legend
IT

I'm not sure how I really felt about the film. First of all, I read the book shortly after it came out which is like 30 years ago so I only vaguely remember the story. And this is not the WHOLE story--just the kids story. I think it's a film I would have enjoyed more if I HAD read the book again. I won't post spoilers but there were some questions I had regarding certain things in the film and I'm sure that the book would have cleared them up. So I had a little confusion with some things.

I am not big on "kid" characters. First of all--films seldom pull that off realistically or effectively. They tend to read better than project better in a film. These characters seem to be kids I would more link to an era like the 50s than the 80s--and I checked wikipedia and the book takes place in the late fifties of their childhood years. Just having kids swear more doesn't really pull them into the 80s---and the town itself is really a town from the fifties. Maybe it would have been better to just let the story take place in that era. But the kids--each a sort of cliche as an outcast, is okay but feels dated.

I thought the child actors were very well cast and very talented. Adults are only peripheral characters in this story and most of them are dysfunctional in their own right. As the film progressed I sort of got used to the feeling that the characters were from a different era and just bought into the story.

As I said--the story itself would have been clearer to me had I read the book recently. If you have no familiarity with the story you'll have to satisfy yourself with the conclusion that , "that's just the way things are or this happens because it just does".

I never really felt the kids were as scared of Pennywise as they should have been. As an adult--I would run in the other direction as fast as I could to the nearest mental ward. But that would be a lousy story.

Pennywise and the actor who portrayed him, Bill Skarrsgard was great. I thought the film got that right. They also added a bit of humor to the character in just the right amount, walking a fine line between comedy and terror. Some of the horror scenes were very well done. And the film was well paced.

But it's really the story of the kids.

I read one review where the reviewer called it a sort of Steven Spielberg horror film and I get that. I thought that was a pretty good description. While there are some very dark scenes there is still a soft edge to it.

I really wanted to love this film.

I just liked it instead.

I really wished I had read the book before seeing it. I just have a feeling that anyone who did that would fall more to the "love" it side. You don't have to read the book. It's not THAT confusing. But I wish I had.

I think the Stephen King adaptation I loved the most, "The Shining" was one that King himself hated. I think most of his books have not translated particularly well to film. And I love his books.

There is a second film coming--the adult story. And I'll be in line to see it. And I hope I'll love it. But I looked at "IT" at a Barnes and Nobles the other day. HUGE book. I probably won't be reading it before seeing the next film.

This is not a bad film. I don't think it's a great film either.

My expectations were probably too high anyway and that's not usually good when you're going to see a film.

If you're a fan of horror I'd say to go check it out. What horror fan doesn't love scary clowns?

And Pennywise is scary.

I'll give it 7/10
My expectations going in were lower than yours....as you said most King books don't translate to the screen very well and I'm not much if a King fan. So, I was pleasantly surprised.
I thought the whole movie was well done.
Setting it in the 80s is an obvious nod to the people who read the book when it was out.
The Mayberry feel of the town was 1950s for sure.
The story is about confronting your own fear.
So, it's as much about each kid confronting their own painful/fearful situations as much as the clown. The example is also given of the kid who doesn't confront his fears.
The description of it as a Spielberg scary movie is a pretty good one. Stand By Me with a demonic clown. Another story where adults are the cause of kids problems not a solution.
At any rate, I really enjoyed it.
You are right, Pennywise is the star of the movie. Sinister as heck.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Others have probably seen it already it might be posted in here as well. But I last night after the world series game watched Atomic Blonde. It's about spy games in Berlin around the time of the wall coming down. English, German, French and American spy agency's trying to get a list and trying to figure out who's stabbing who in the back and who somebody really is on the way to getting the list. Charlize Theron is amazing in it and the rest of the cast is good too. Liked this one a lot and I like Charlize with dark hair!

8.5/10

C9JbI8SWAAExfk0.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Others have probably seen it already it might be posted in here as well. But I last night after the world series game watched Atomic Blonde. It's about spy games in Berlin around the time of the wall coming down. English, German, French and American spy agency's trying to get a list and trying to figure out who's stabbing who in the back and who somebody really is on the way to getting the list. Charlize Theron is amazing in it and the rest of the cast is good too. Liked this one a lot and I like Charlize with dark hair!

8.5/10

C9JbI8SWAAExfk0.jpg
Kept hearing about the girl on girl scene in it. Had my hopes up but it was only so so. The movie was pretty good though and Charlize is... well she's fucking Charlize Theron. She's my "free pass".:D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

8.5/10

C9JbI8SWAAExfk0.jpg
I'm liking the dark hair