LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Lego Batman movie was great, I'd give it a solid 8/10

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
10 Cloverfield Lane isn't a sequel to Cloverfield.
Yes it is. It's part of the Cloverfield "franchise", maybe not directly a sequel, but still in the universe, and it's the second film. And the upcoming film God Particle is the third film in the series.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Yes it is. It's part of the Cloverfield "franchise", maybe not directly a sequel, but still in the universe, also the second one. And God Particle is the third film in the series

Right same universe, but they're separate stories though, not a direct sequel to Cloverfield. Anyone expecting answers to the first movie would automatically be disappointed. It wasn't trying to do that.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Right same universe, but they're separate stories though, not a direct sequel to Cloverfield. Anyone expecting answers to the first movie would automatically be disappointed. It wasn't trying to do that.
To be fair, I never called it a sequel, you did. I just said the first film, cloverfield, was better.

And not necessarily, it's the same universe, so it's fair to assume it's the same alien invasion. Why are they different aliens and why are they so much easier to kill? And some of the questions aren't tied to the first film. What's the deal with John Goodman's character? Does he really have a daughter, how many women has he abducted?
It just felt like it was 2 entirely different movies going on, but neither left me satisfied. I'm still going to see the third one.

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
To be fair, I never called it a sequel, you did. I just said the first film, cloverfield, was better.

And not necessarily, it's the same universe, so it's fair to assume it's the same alien invasion. Why are they different aliens and why are they so much easier to kill? And some of the questions aren't tied to the first film. What's the deal with John Goodman's character? Does he really have a daughter, how many women has he abducted?
It just felt like it was 2 entirely different movies going on, but neither left me satisfied. I'm still going to see the third one.

My apologies, that's fair. I thought you were rating it bad because you thought it was a sequel, sorry!

I agree with you though, there were a lot of questions unanswered. I also didn't really like the ending, it could have been much better.

One thing I do like is how creepy John Goodman was, and the tone he set. That was well done.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

The whole movie was really just a huge analogy for a domestic relationship. It starts with her leaving her bf finally only to end up kidnapped by Another man that is similarly cruel and controlling. And then when she escapes that she runs into the aliens. And the final scene was basically her deciding to continue running or fight back. Atleast that's what I got out of it. Either way, wasn't a huge fan

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The whole movie was really just a huge analogy for a domestic relationship. It starts with her leaving her bf finally only to end up kidnapped by Another man that is similarly cruel and controlling. And then when she escapes that she runs into the aliens. And the final scene was basically her deciding to continue running or fight back. Atleast that's what I got out of it. Either way, wasn't a huge fan
I must have missed the part about her bf being cruel and controlling, but overall I kind of agree. It's about Michelle's lifelong struggle with abuse and control, specifically with how she deals with it. Her father, the incident with the girl in the store, the argument with her bf, Howard, the aliens. She realizes that she's not helpless and stops running from her problems. The whole alien part was unnecessary and felt tacked on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Grimsby.

probably known as The Brothers Grimsby in america.

10/10.

was it a great movie, not really. but the mix of action and comedy kept it moving nicely. it was as crude as you can get but not the annoying nonstop expletive crude you find in alot of comedies lately. i'm guessing many people won't like it but i found it an enjoyable experience.

it gets a 10 from me because i found myself laughing hysterically and uncontrollably during a couple of the skits. the elephant scene alone earns it a 10 rating.

if you're not easily offended it is a must see.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm giving the POWER RANGERS a 10/10.

OK, more like a 7/10. It was a really good movie.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just watched Fracture again on Netflix. Ryan Gosling, Anthony Hopkins

Good older movie.

8/10

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just watched the sequal to Independence Day, It's not quite as good as the original but it's pretty good I give it a "B"!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Split - 8/10

Loved it. Was worried was gonna be to predictable or end with a lame twist at the end like most shamalan movies. Was not the case imo. James Mcavoy deserves some awards from his role/s.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Hidden Figures - 10/10

This was such an amazing story. Throughout the movie, I kept searching peoples names and how they were involved in our space race.

Watch it!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Wife and I watched Patriots Day last night

9/10

Staring Mark Wahlberg, with supporting rolls by Kevin Bacon, John Goodman, and J.K. Simmons

A movie about the Boston Marathon bombing a couple years ago

Excellent movie

I did a little fact checking to see how accurate this movie was , because we all know how Hollywood likes to take liberties with movies that deal with real events

But it sounds like this movie is very accurate , the only thing it sounds like they took any liberties with was Mark Wahlberg's character , who didn't exist , he's basically what they call a composite character , in real like , there was no one police officer that was there at every key event , so Mark Wahlberg's character was based on a few different police officer throughout the search

but the events themselves were all pretty accurate , the Bombers’ friends at UMass Dartmouth , MIT Police Officer Sean Collier , Intense carjacking scene , Wild shootout in Watertown , The manhunt that shut down the Boston area , How the manhunt ended , all were pretty spot on

Towards the end of the movie, they show a picture when the younger brother was being taken out of the boat he was hiding in , and in the photo , you see a red laser rifle sight dead on in the middle of his forehead , I'll admit it , it was kinda creepy

overall I defiantly give this movie two strong thumbs up , and recommend to everyone

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Staring Mark Wahlberg, with supporting rolls by Kevin Bacon, John Goodman, and J.K. Simmons

Excellent movie

I did a little fact checking to see how accurate this movie was , because we all know how Hollywood likes to take liberties with movies that deal with real events

But it sounds like this movie is very accurate , the only thing it sounds like they took any liberties with was Mark Wahlberg's character , who didn't exist , he's basically what they call a composite character , in real like , there was no one police officer that was there at every key event , so Mark Wahlberg's character was based on a few different police officer throughout the search

but the events themselves were all pretty accurate , the Bombers’ friends at UMass Dartmouth , MIT Police Officer Sean Collier , Intense carjacking scene , Wild shootout in Watertown , The manhunt that shut down the Boston area , How the manhunt ended , all were pretty spot on

Towards the end of the movie, they show a picture when the younger brother was being taken out of the boat he was hiding in , and in the photo , you see a red laser rifle sight dead on in the middle of his forehead , I'll admit it , it was kinda creepy

overall I defiantly give this movie two strong thumbs up , and recommend to everyone

We watched this last night. We liked it.

But... it wasn't a typical Walhberg action movie. A little more documentary-like than we were expecting, but that's not a negative.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We watched this last night. We liked it.

But... it wasn't a typical Walhberg action movie. A little more documentary-like than we were expecting, but that's not a negative.

But... it wasn't a typical Walhberg action movie

Well , there wasn't any stoned talking teddy bear , or giant alien robots , if that's what you mean.............LOL

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Magical Beasts and Where To Find Them

7/10

I actually did like the film

but...........

I was a little underwhelmed , and I'll admit , it left me a bit confused at the end , this is suppose to be the first of five films , but it felt very much like a stand alone film , now that might be because it sounds like JK Rowling is writing them as they go , and when they filmed this film this one , they might not have even known where it was going

Having just read about the upcoming sequel , sounds like their not even sure if the 4 main characters in this film will even be the main characters in the next films or not

I found the four main characters likeable , but kind of generic , considering the catastrophic events that were going on around , no sense of emergency what so ever

Then there was Colin Farrell , never been a fan

Again , I liked the film and now curious to see where it goes from here , and I do hope hope the four main characters have a main part in it , but I thought I heard JK Rowlings say that the five films take place over a 19 year time span , so we'll see

I think my favorite part of the movie was the look of 1920's New York

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

9/10

Excellent movie

Just recently watched this also. Everything you state here is dead on. Movie was incredibly accurate. The one thing I was surprised about is no mention of the Richards family who in real life was a big part of the overall scene. Sounds like they met with the family prior to release and they asked to be removed from the movie.

Hard to rate the movie as its hits a little too close to home. It was alot more emotional for me than I expected but is a movie I would recommend and outside of the Wahlberg character everything is very accurate.