LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane yesterday, and I watched it without watching any trailers or reading anything about it.
Glad I did it that way, because it had many twists and turns I would have otherwise been looking for.
The ending was a bit of a letdown, but it was still very well done & written.

8/10
I really liked this until the ending. 7/10
I was fine with the ending in terms of story twist and the mystery(alien apocalyptic threat realized etc) but the ending just went too far with the ridiculous woman vs aliens confrontation stuff...and sort of took me out of the previous 1 hr and 35 min of what was so cool about the film. The tone sort of got wrecked for me. How bout she just has a more "believable" close call with the threat and we get straight to the ominous ending instead?

Molotov's vs alien ships picking up trucks, 1 v 1 close contact and all that running around just didn't work for me. She was a tough SOB for just surviving the bunker. That was enough. A simpler, quieter, suspenseful ominous ending would have been more in line with the films tone up until that point. It's almost like they brought in a few different writers to come in and ramp up the finale for the "Hollywood" audience.
It didn't ruin it for me but it dropped it down quite a bit. I guess we get a sequel now right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really liked this until the ending. 7/10
Totally agree. I told my wife basically the same thing as we were watching it.

Something like, "Really? Now she's gonna be like a trained special ops soldier or something?" That was too much. She escaped, and that took some balls, but it didn't give her special powers or elite survival skills.

Of course I couldn't warn you of that ahead of time, or it would have ruined the movie for you by giving you an alien spoiler. I did like how they made John Goodman a child abductor AND had him telling the truth about what was going on outside. It kept you guessing about his motives until the very end to distract you from what was about to come. The ending was poorly written though, so I agree. Just as easy for her to witness it, be scared out of her mind, and slowly gather the strength and determination to want to help fight in order to set up a sequel. Not have her become the alien-killer savior of the world.

fearsomefour

Legend
Totally agree. I told my wife basically the same thing as we were watching it.

Something like, "Really? Now she's gonna be like a trained special ops soldier or something?" That was too much. She escaped, and that took some balls, but it didn't give her special powers or elite survival skills.

Of course I couldn't warn you of that ahead of time, or it would have ruined the movie for you by giving you an alien spoiler. I did like how they made John Goodman a child abductor AND had him telling the truth about what was going on outside. It kept you guessing about his motives until the very end to distract you from what was about to come. The ending was poorly written though, so I agree. Just as easy for her to witness it, be scared out of her mind, and slowly gather the strength and determination to want to help fight in order to set up a sequel. Not have her become the alien-killer savior of the world.
They tried to do something different.
Perhaps trying to mix two genres? It would have been easy to have JG be wrong, crazy.
It was an interesting idea, an interesting direction to take it I think.
But, I agree. Went to too far with how it/she was portrayed in that part of the movie.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spotlight 9/10 an excellent movie about a very awful event. mark ruffalo and michael keaton were great. actually, the whole cast nailed it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Batman the killing joke 9/10.

Great adaptation of the comic. The first 20 minutes are new, adding a little more backstory for batgirl.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Star Trek Beyond

6/10

Good character chemistry and humor. Beautifully filmed. Story was meh. Idris Elba was wasted as the villain.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
For years , my mind had been playing tricks on me

Anyone here remember the movie , Hollywood Knights , it came out in 1980 , although it would be a few years later when I was in high school before I saw it as part of a late drive in double feature

The movie kind of along the lines of American Graffiti , where it all takes place in one night , at the time , it started a bunch of young nobodies , some would go on to have some success , like Robert Wuhl , Francine Drescher , Tony Danza , Michelle Pfeiffer and Gailard Sartain to name a few

and............

I'm sure we all know the Bob Seger song Hollywood Nights, well , I hand't see that movie since the eraly 80's at the drive in , but always remembered it , and after all these years , I just assumed the Bob Seger song was just the theme song to the movie , so the other day , I heard Bob Segers song on the radio and it reminded me of the movie , so I was going to find out once and for all , did the song have anything to do with the movie , so I Googled it

And nope !!!!!!!!

The song had actually came out a couple years prior to the movie

But I decided to check out the movie for the first time in 25 years or so , and you know what , it was still pretty good , but it was just amazing at just how much of it I actually remembered

This movie probably wasn't a good example for impressionable youth

I'm gonna give it a 8/10 ,

a good ,fun ,coming of age movie from the early 80's , so if any of you find that one of these evening and you just can't find anything good on your 317 channels of TV , let me suggest giving Hollywood Knights a try

Two Thumbs Up

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
***This is an ALERT***
I took my girls to see "Pete's Dragon" yesterday. My girls are 5 and 11
*No Spoilers*
BUT BE WARNED
I had one on my lap Bawling her eyes out, while the other was gripping my hand so tight I have to type with my left hand only today....

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Sausage Party. 2/10

The movie gets 2 points points for each time I laughed. Its fucking retarded, and I normally enjoy what Seth Rogan and James Franco make. The jokes are corny, predictable, and cliche' as hell. All the produce and meats, etc talk to each other. Can you guess what cliche' the fruits are? The Sauerkraut?

It was terrible. Don't waste your time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw Imperium the other day. It's strange seeing Daniel Radcliffe in anything other than Harry Potter after watching them all with the lady and her daughter. I must say though this is a couple movies I've seen him in that he does some pretty good acting. He's an FBI agent that goes under cover with the skinhead/white supremacy group thinking they're plotting something.

Imperium_(2016_film).png

Pretty solid flick over all though the people he works with in the government/fbi are all pretty much idiots though that could be intentional on the director/producers part.

8/10

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The Nice Guys 8/10

This is a FUN film to watch. The film is written and directed by Shane Black, the writer of Lethal Weapon and this is another buddy comedy/action film of the same flavor. In this case the two partners(Russel Crowe and Ryan Gossling) are not cops but a thug for hire and private eye and while they aren't as different as the characters from Lethal Weapon, they make a great pair. The plot is perhaps a bit overly complicated but it doesn't matter. You'll get it and it doesn't affect how much FUN the film is. It takes place in the mid 70s and so that already scored points for me, but the great thing about it is the unexpected action that happens which results in humorous circumstances. I had a WTF moment not ten minutes into the film--in a good way. I'd love to give examples but don't want to spoil it for anyone.

It is, IMO the best film I've seen this year.

I've been very disappointed with the films that I've seen this year but this was really good.

If you get a chance check it out.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Point Break- the remake
0-10
Just awful.

I sure do agree with that. Just awful. It's like an X-Games fan said: "How do we make a movie about this stuff?" And someone said: " Hey--remember the old Keanu Reeves movie about surfers who rob banks? We can take that to the next level!"

Also--horribly miscast.

Just bad all around.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The Nice Guys 8/10

This is a FUN film to watch. The film is written and directed by Shane Black, the writer of Lethal Weapon and this is another buddy comedy/action film of the same flavor. In this case the two partners(Russel Crowe and Ryan Gossling) are not cops but a thug for hire and private eye and while they aren't as different as the characters from Lethal Weapon, they make a great pair. The plot is perhaps a bit overly complicated but it doesn't matter. You'll get it and it doesn't affect how much FUN the film is. It takes place in the mid 70s and so that already scored points for me, but the great thing about it is the unexpected action that happens which results in humorous circumstances. I had a WTF moment not ten minutes into the film--in a good way. I'd love to give examples but don't want to spoil it for anyone.

It is, IMO the best film I've seen this year.

I've been very disappointed with the films that I've seen this year but this was really good.

If you get a chance check it out.

"You know who else was just following orders? Hitler."