LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
The "Love" between Anakin and Padme was forced and completely lacked chemistry. The green screen overkill throughout the prequels was terrible. Acting and writing was laughable at times. And when Sidious FINALLY reveals himself, he takes out 3 JEDI in a matter of seconds with some of the slowest, and most telegraphed moves ever. Watch that scene again and try not to laugh. It's pathetic. Too many facepalm moments and NO heart. Obi-wan saved the film from being a complete disaster.

Hah. You need to Google Star Wars a Lost Hope.

Best parody of Lucas' jerk-off fest ever. And it would have been a far more entertaining trilogy if expanded upon.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Hits - 8.5/10
The film is written and directed by comedian David Cross. It's not a continual laugh out loud until you cry actual tears funny but it is brilliant in its own way. If you are sick of stupid people receiving a copious amounts of attention from the media and sick of people jumping onto stupid causes without doing any research, you will enjoy this film.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I have to add to that.

9KQVgED.jpg

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!
Add people who bring their own goodies, but can't put them in a soft freezer bag....NOOOOOO..... they have to pack it into the noisiest cellophane the could find,
and I don't know who said it, but you're correct old people are the worst. We close early every Friday and hit a 2:00 pm matinee, and they are always full of older people, (like us), who won't STFU.

On Topic - I really liked Fury Road - 8.5-9/10. San Andreas - 3/10. (My wife dragged me - honest!)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Had a movie night with the wife, and it was a good one.

Predestination

9/10

Total mind freak. Best movie Ethan Hawke has been in since Gattaca(Lord of war #3). Sarah Snook owns the first half of this movie. Hawke owns the second half. Honestly, a total crap storm of time travel craziness. It's like the inception of time travel movies. A must watch.

This is a time travel movie but it is character driven.

Took your advice and watched Predestination. I really liked it as well. Agree that Snook was amazing. Very cool movie. Downloaded Kingsman also but haven't watched yet. Thanks @Tron !!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jurassic World. For me, I could really relate to Chris Pratt's character insisting the dinosaurs think, feel, etc instead of just owned tourist attractions.

Plus a really cool ending. Obviously not a future classic, but fun dinosaurs running around and fighting.

7/10

Good stuff. Much better than that turd Jurassic Park III.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Took your advice and watched Predestination. I really liked it as well. Agree that Snook was amazing. Very cool movie. Downloaded Kingsman also but haven't watched yet. Thanks @Tron !!!
Np man. Kingsman is a very fun movie. Watched it about 3 times now. Hope you enjoy that one as well.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Jurassic World. For me, I could really relate to Chris Pratt's character insisting the dinosaurs think, feel, etc instead of just owned tourist attractions.

Plus a really cool ending. Obviously not a future classic, but fun dinosaurs running around and fighting.

7/10

Good stuff. Much better than that turd Jurassic Park III.

Going and seeing this tomorrow afternoon, glad its better then the 3rd one. Can't wait!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Going and seeing this tomorrow afternoon, glad its better then the 3rd one. Can't wait!!

Well looks like im going to see it next weekend. Dad tried to reserve seats to late and they were all taken up. So yea. can't wait to see it next weekend.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Watched Kingsman this past week. I loved it. Didn't hurt that I was two bombers of very strong beer in by the end, but it was a very well-made movie, I thought.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Alien 3(2003 extended version on BD)
Underrated and much better than the theatrical release which was admittedly not very good IMO.
8/10

The Internet is filled with legends and stories about the Alien 3 that never was, whether science fiction author William Gibson’s two-part movie that involved Weyland-Yutani creating genetically-altered Alien warriors or Vincent Ward’s infamous “wooden planet.”

What we ended up with, however, was David Fincher’s first feature film, a movie that was under such intense scrutiny from the studio that it made pretty much everyone on the set miserable. The final film was re-edited without Fincher’s involvement or consent and since then, it’s become almost universally despised by critics and fans alike.

Fincher himself has disowned the film and refused to participate in the Alien Quadrilogy set that featured extended cuts of all four movies. So instead of a Fincher-observed Director’s Cut of Alien 3, we got what’s known as the Assembly Cut. It tries as best as possible to restore Fincher’s original workprint, before Fox began butchering it. The theatrical version is 115 minutes, whereas the Assembly Cut clocks in at 145, so there’s a lot of extra stuff.

It’s still not as good as its predecessors, but the Assembly Cut is far better than it’s given credit for, and actually provides a perfect end for the Alien series. That’s right, I said “end.” Alien Resurrection does not exist in my world. Frequently, I’ll make a day of it and watch Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 back-to-back; they form a very effective, coherent trilogy, which is amazing considering there were three different directors, and given all the problems with the production of the third installment.

More...
http://whatculture.com/film/10-reasons-alien-3-is-a-misunderstood-masterpiece.php

Last edited:

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Mad Max: Fury Road. What a fantastic, motorized romp. Action layered upon action. While the underlying story was rather meh, it didn't matter. The practical effects were amazing with just enough CGI to make it pop without seeming too digital. Even my lady friend enjoyed it.

9.0/10.0.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jurrasic World 6.7/10 most of the 6.7 is for the special efi fects, which are no longer overly impressive like Jurrasic Park was back in 93. (due to every movie has great special effects anymore). I disliked most of the characters, which is good because i was rooting for the dinosaurs anyway. A wasted role on vince donofrio, (cliche greedy bad guy role) along with an overweight, stupid security guard and 2 low intelligence park ride / dino care employees as well. And i'm still curious as how ron howard's daughter could run so well in heels. There were a couple of good scare scenes (similiar to the kitchen scene in jurrasic park with the raptors). The movie relies on the dinosaur effects instead of complimenting that with a good script and roles for good actors .

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jurrasic World 6.7/10 most of the 6.7 is for the special efi fects, which are no longer overly impressive like Jurrasic Park was back in 93. (due to every movie has great special effects anymore). I disliked most of the characters, which is good because i was rooting for the dinosaurs anyway. A wasted role on vince donofrio, (cliche greedy bad guy role) along with an overweight, stupid security guard and 2 low intelligence park ride / dino care employees as well. And i'm still curious as how ron howard's daughter could run so well in heels. There were a couple of good scare scenes (similiar to the kitchen scene in jurrasic park with the raptors). The movie relies on the dinosaur effects instead of complimenting that with a good script and roles for good actors .
Funny how a park in Costa Rica has white teenagers who operate the rides.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Funny how a park in Costa Rica has white teenagers who operate the rides.

Well if you had a chance to operate rides I'm a dino park wouldn't you move to Costa Rica?

My girlfriend says she'd never go to the park, although she would debate it. I told her I'd apply to be the Raptor trainer. She's convinced I'd die.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Kingsman: The Secret Service - 8/10. That was a kickass movie......

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jurassic World

7/10

Cheesy science and the same old root villain of corporate greed. Really the stories have been the same on each of them it's evil corporations that are the bad guy. They just change the dinosaur around that's doing all the killing. It was however some good action and effects. I liked the cast and was entertained in the end.