LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
Quite possibly my favorite Star Wars movie so far... Beautiful special effects and a great story line. Obi-Wan vs Anakin lightsaber fight was intense and well choreographed.
Very underrated in my opinion.
Overall rating: 9.5 out of 10.

The "Love" between Anakin and Padme was forced and completely lacked chemistry. The green screen overkill throughout the prequels was terrible. Acting and writing was laughable at times. And when Sidious FINALLY reveals himself, he takes out 3 JEDI in a matter of seconds with some of the slowest, and most telegraphed moves ever. Watch that scene again and try not to laugh. It's pathetic. Too many facepalm moments and NO heart. Obi-wan saved the film from being a complete disaster.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Project Almanac:
It was okay. Thought it would be worse, considering those first-person hand-held cam movies are getting increasingly stupid. But this one wasn't too bad. As long as you stay away from employing your limited knowledge of physics and time travel to say things like "Hey! They can't do that! Because (insert logical conclusion here) would happen!"

Get Hard:
You can't go wrong with a movie that has Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart in it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Obi-wan saved the film from being a complete disaster

It helped that he was the only actor with any kind of talent. Rumors are going around that they're going to be doing a spinoff about Obi-Wan, and I hope they do. He was apparently voted the favorite character by fans.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
It helped that he was the only actor with any kind of talent. Rumors are going around that they're going to be doing a spinoff about Obi-Wan, and I hope they do. He was apparently voted the favorite character by fans.

Am I the only one wishing that they rewrite the ending to Episode 3? Have Renton (Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting) wake up in his bedroom at his parents house dripping in sweat saying, "DaFuq, I just dream?"

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
The "Love" between Anakin and Padme was forced and completely lacked chemistry. The green screen overkill throughout the prequels was terrible. Acting and writing was laughable at times. And when Sidious FINALLY reveals himself, he takes out 3 JEDI in a matter of seconds with some of the slowest, and most telegraphed moves ever. Watch that scene again and try not to laugh. It's pathetic. Too many facepalm moments and NO heart. Obi-wan saved the film from being a complete disaster.
The first two are pretty terrible, but for what it was worth I just thought the third was a good movie. I agree with you about the part where Palpatine kills the 3 jedi in like 7 seconds. Hell, these were suppose to be Jedi Masters and Palpatine literally stabbed one of them the 1st second of the fight. As for the relationship with between Anakin and Padme, I thought it didn't seem forced, but there were awkward moments in them. I didn't think the third movie - aside from the Palpatine vs the 3 jedi - had horrible writing. I agree with you on for Episode I and II and I clearly mentioned I also didn't like those movies.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I thought the whole reason why Lucas didn't make Episodes I, II, and III was that he wanted the Special Effects to be better before making them - hence all the green screens.

For all the crap that people talk about the prequels (much of it is very justifiable), I believe the third one actually did justice instead of hurting the Star Wars franchise, thus being highly underrated.

I'll give Episode III a little lower rating somewhere between 8 - 8.5 but that's as low as I'm going.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
First I should say , but this will probably sound a little harsher then intended , and is meant mostly in fun , and for those who liked Episodes I II and III , that's cool ,

But for me , I just couldn't stand them

One of the things that made the original series so great was there was great chemistry between Luke , Han and Leia , where in the prequel , there was no chemistry between Obi Wan , Anakin and Padme what so ever , sometimes watching Anakin and Padme on screen together was painful

I hated the ending of Episode III , they just got done fighting for 20 minutes and surfing on a lava flow , and then all of a sudden , Obi Wan says , it's over Anakin , I have the high ground

WTF !!!!

They've been climbing huge towers , surfing on lava flows , fighting the whole time , and all of a sudden it's over , because Obi Wan , is standing a couple feet above Anakin on the bank of the huge lava flow

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
One of the things that made the original series so great was there was great chemistry between Luke , Han and Leia , where in the prequel , there was no chemistry between Obi Wan , Anakin and Padme what so ever , sometimes watching Anakin and Padme on screen together was painful

I hated the ending of Episode III , they just got done fighting for 20 minutes and surfing on a lava flow , and then all of a sudden , Obi Wan says , it's over Anakin , I have the high ground

WTF !!!!

They've been climbing huge towers , surfing on lava flows , fighting the whole time , and all of a sudden it's over , because Obi Wan , is standing a couple feet above Anakin on the bank of the huge lava flow

I think part of the reason the chemistry was off between Obi Wan, Anakin, and Padme was due to the fact that Jedi can't fall in love or have children. So whenever they were on screen together, the chemistry was off because Anakin and Padme were worried about hiding their affair from Obi Wan. Although I also agree with you, whenever it was Anakin and Padme alone on screen, I could just about barf.

As for the way Obi Wan defeated Anakin, I think it shows just how ignorant Anakin had become. I'm no expert on the force and how for or high you can jump, but when Anakin was running and jumping opposed to just standing and leaping, he was able to go a lot higher and farther. Again, not the best expert when it comes to the force haha! If Obi Wan cut Anakin up anywhere else during the outdoors portion of that 7 minute fight, I don't think Anakin would have survived.

No offense taken btw. Some people like the prequels, most people hate them. It's completely understandable :).

Episode VII: The Force Awakens will be in theaters December 18, 2015!

Episode VIII will supposedly be released May 26, 2017 and Episode IX will come out in 2019. Absolutely looking forward for the next 3!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I'll give Episode III a little lower rating somewhere between 8 - 8.5 but that's as low as I'm going.

No need to lower your rating, bro. If you like it that much more power to u. The great thing about film, imo, is that everyone interprets them in their own way. If you got enjoyment out of it, then I actually envy you. Can't wait for ep. 7. Get to experience Star wars in the theater with my kids for the very first time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
truth-facts-funny-graphs-wumo-27.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The theatre the wife and I always go to looks almost like this one , only larger , and we always go a little early to get our seats , like the chart above our theatre has a aisle that goes cross ways about two thirds of the way down , and we always sit right behind the aisle , and their great seats , no one sits right in front of you , and there is a railing that runs along the aisle , so we can kick back and put our feet up on the railing :popcorn:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First I should say , but this will probably sound a little harsher then intended , and is meant mostly in fun , and for those who liked Episodes I II and III , that's cool ,

But for me , I just couldn't stand them

WTF !!!!

Yes i agree, episodes I and II are weak, corny and mostly boring...but IMO episode III is a stand out mainly because it's much darker, contains more emotion and finally gets to the point. Although the final scene of transformation was a little cornball.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Kung Fury. 12/10.

This might be the funniest movie I've seen. It's only 30 minutes long, so there's no filler. It's non-stop. Any movie that has people on dinosaurs fighting with Hitler is A-OK with me. It's also available on YouTube. You're welcome.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to add to that.

9KQVgED.jpg
Without a doubt. Silence your cell phone? How about silence everything or get the fuck out. Yeah... I'm THAT guy in the movie theater.

As to the latest movie... Just went and saw Mad Max. My sons thought it was one of the best movies they have ever seen. Ages 20 and 22 FYI. I thought it was a very good version of a Mad Max movie. I wouldn't rate is as one of the best movies I've ever seen but it was entertaining, very in keeping with the Mad Max franchise and was simply a fun ride. I would see it again.

I simply ask that Charlize goes back the kinds of roles more fitting of my stalking ways:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Without a doubt. Silence your cell phone? How about silence everything or get the freak out. Yeah... I'm THAT guy in the movie theater.

As to the latest movie... Just went and saw Mad Max. My sons thought it was one of the best movies they have ever seen. Ages 20 and 22 FYI. I thought it was a very good version of a Mad Max movie. I wouldn't rate is as one of the best movies I've ever seen but it was entertaining, very in keeping with the Mad Max franchise and was simply a fun ride. I would see it again.

I simply ask that Charlize goes back the kinds of roles more fitting of my stalking ways:

Mad Max honestly had better characterization and a love story (the red-head and Nux) than The Avengers: Age of Ultron did. And yes, that was the last movie I saw.

But holy fate, about Nux...that was simply an incredible performance by Nicholas Hoult, and he turned out to be my favorite character in the entire film. Bravo, Mr. Hoult. Bravo for bringing a character on a movie screen to life-like reality. I really got to sympathize with all of the characters (the good ones), but Nux in particular stole the show for me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mad Max honestly had better characterization and a love story (the red-head and Nux) than The Avengers: Age of Ultron did. And yes, that was the last movie I saw.

But holy fate, about Nux...that was simply an incredible performance by Nicholas Hoult, and he turned out to be my favorite character in the entire film. Bravo, Mr. Hoult. Bravo for bringing a character on a movie screen to life-like reality. I really got to sympathize with all of the characters (the good ones), but Nux in particular stole the show for me.
Yeah - I'd pretty much agree. Not a lot of acting actually by the two main actors unless you count mean looks and grunts. Loved the real star of the movie that really made it Mad Max. The war drums - complete with suspended electric guitarist and shooting flames.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have to add to that.

9KQVgED.jpg
Amen X.
I can't loud people in the movies. It's two freaking hours....only two hours to consider others around you. The crazy thing is in my experience older people are as bad or worse than younger people.
I mostly go to the movies during week and during the day.
I used to go crazy, thrown popcorn at people a couple of times and politely asked people to shut the F up.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Along Came a Spider 8.1/10 another good Morgan Freeman movie, with a somewhat surprising twist in it. definitely worth watching. watch to see a young "Chekov" in it as well.

Dream House 7.6/10 good movie with Daniel Craig and another twist I didnt expect after a bit of something isnt quite right here thoughts from myself and the old lady.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cut Bank

6/10

Worth watching, but my wife thought it was blah.