LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Avengers: Age of Ultron
I enjoyed it. Thought the first one was better though. I think it's worth seeing once it comes out of dvd.
I rate it 8 stars out of 10.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Just re-watched the 4 of the Star Wars movies so here we go:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (May 19, 1999)
Pod racing, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul saved this movie. Everyone knows that Jar-Jar was a no-no.
Considered to be the worst of the Star Wars franchise. I agree...
Overall rating: 6.5 out of 10.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones (May 16, 2002)
I also didn't really like this movie either. Jango Fett, the clone army, Yoda vs Dooku, and the battle at Geonosis was pretty awesome.
I felt like this movie tried a little too much to be as action packed as the others.
Overall rating: 7 out of 10.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
Quite possibly my favorite Star Wars movie so far... Beautiful special effects and a great story line. Obi-Wan vs Anakin lightsaber fight was intense and well choreographed.
Very underrated in my opinion.
Overall rating: 9.5 out of 10.

Episode IV: A New Hope (May 25, 1977)
Who doesn't love the original Star Wars movie?
Beautiful and timeless.
Overall rating: 9 out of 10.

I will do the other two but I want to watch them again so I can pick up some things I might not remember.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (May 21, 1980)
One of the greatest plot twists of all time. "No. I am your father."
Other cool parts of Episode V: The battle on Hoth, seeing Yoda for the 1st time ever, and the Carbon Freezing Chamber on Bespin.
Overall rating: 8.5 out of 10.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Avengers: Age of Ultron: 6 - 10.

Ultron was one of the most laughable villains I've ever seen, and he was basically an evil robotic Tony Stark with none of the intimidation or the genuine humor of the latter. The Vision wasn't as impressive as I thought he would be. Powerful, yeah, but no personality. The Natasha/Bruce romance was completely forced, I was pretty pissed at the character death in the film (I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I think that the wrong character died; really thought it should've been Hawkeye because his death would've impacted people much more), and of course, Ultron was arguably the most disappointing villain in the Marvel series since Abomination (although nobody can really beat the abomination that was Abomination...yet). The Infinity Stone plot, as someone mentioned, was the most rushed part of the entire movie, and it was supposed to be the most important.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver saved this movie from a poor grade. They added something new to the team. They added a more immature perspective, compared to the older adults, which I thought was brilliant. And they weren't just "the twins." Their personalities really contrasted with each other wonderfully, and you could tell that aside from being born twelve minutes apart, they weren't carbon cutouts of each other, which a lot of people who write twins love to do.

Thanos better be all that I'm hoping for and more (I refuse to watch the Ant-Man film because that scumbag Hank Pym is in there.) And Deadpool had BETTER face him first (because Thanos really hates Deadpool). There should be an Infinity Stone in the Deadpool movie, and I'm going to be very disappointed if his interactions with Death are shunted to the side. Also, Death had better be brilliant as well, if she's there.

Overall, a very disappointing movie; it was really a tragedy that the best villain in that entire film was Thanos, who only had a minor speaking role after the credits.

Riddick: 8.5 - 10

Well, this is how you make a sci-fi action film. Add in some really awesome creatures (vulture-like beings, the Mud Demons - which are basically a scorpion with a tail that seems to be a snake head with horizontal jaws and no eyes - and, my all-time favorite, jackal-wolf things, one of which became a pet to the MC, Riddick. Now, he has a trilogy to his name, but I haven't seen the first, and I only saw the end of the second. But I learned enough from the movie itself to know what had happened with this murderous criminal. Exposition without boring the person being exposed.

The mercenaries who are trying to collect Riddick's head are awesome as well. The leader of the professionals (Johns) and the father of a guy that Riddick killed (the guy was as bad as they came, but dear old dad didn't know that), a woman sniper with many skills who is the second-in-command to the professionals (Dahl), the nutty, small-skills-big-ego leader of the bushwhacker mercenaries (Santana), his second-in-command and my personal favorite human character in this film (Diaz), along with a host of others whose deaths to the Mud Demons/Riddick actually made me feel something. Santana was the lone guy I hated, but even his actor did his job to make the audience hate his guts.

Basically non-stop action and survival and easily some of the most heart-breaking animal deaths I've seen (I even pitied a Mud Demon at one point, although I felt sorry for all of the animals, really, having to live on a crappy planet like this one.) And about the planet? About the animals? Those were awesome special effects.

It's not the best movie. Sometimes you just wish it would slow down and take its time to savor the fear of the individuals stuck on the planet. Sometimes, you want to know more about the characters, save Riddick. But one thing that this movie never does is bore you.

Much, much better movie than you normally see on a home screen. I have to say that it was worth watching.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm guessing this has been mentioned on this thread loads of times but I watched Interstellar over the weekend.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to take it seriously. Those robots looked like talking filing cabinets for one thing.

I was confused and generally disappointed by it. 5/10.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rented "Wild" this weekend... very good, thought provoking movie. Witherspoon was excellent!

Recommend.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I finally got around to watching American Sniper.

I don't really want to give it a letter grade. Honestly it left me with a feeding very similar to The Hurt locker. I can see why people would really like the movie, but I found myself more often than not disappointed with what they did.

That's interesting to me -I really like Eastwood's movies, (as in Ron Howard territory), but walked out of 'Sniper" almost 'meh'. OTTH, I really, really liked Hurt Locker.
You, who would know, viewed them kinda the same. I guess they are, in a way, but just didn't get all the love for Sniper.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's interesting to me -I really like Eastwood's movies, (as in Ron Howard territory), but walked out of 'Sniper" almost 'meh'. OTTH, I really, really liked Hurt Locker.
You, who would know, viewed them kinda the same. I guess they are, in a way, but just didn't get all the love for Sniper.

One of the reasons why I put off watching it, was because I knew I was going to spot technical things that were incorrect easily. Things like not using a scope cover, the reticle being wrong, what recoil looks like, etc. They did bug me too, but I expected it. I also knew they would "Hollywood" up the story a bit, but I was disappointed by the amount they did. In my opinion they changed it to the point it should be considered fiction.

What I was most disappointed was how they portrayed the military, which was the same as Hurt Locker. In their attempt to make Chris into a larger than life character who is a hero at all hours of the day, they made the rest of the military into weak scared little bunnies. The Hurt Locker did the same. In my opinion it was a little insulting.

Things like having Chris leave his overwatch position to clear houses. It doesn't work that way, and no SEAL or sniper worth a shit would leave their overwatch position to do that just because they're not doing enough shooting. It puts the mission in jeopardy. No different from having tanks on overwatch, you have a job to do. Then he takes point with a sniper rifle? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. There's a reason why assault teams use holographic sites and redots, using a high powered scope in a low light close quarter situation is asking for trouble.

During my time in I split as a sniper and as the point man on an assault team. I rarely did overwatch missions as a sniper, typically I did recon, OP's, or HVT tracking/engagement. When I did do them, I knew better than to leave before I was supposed to, that's how people die, and how missions fail. Same thing with engaging a target that gives away your position. The end when he goes to kill Mustafa (which is also made up actually) he puts that entire SKT now at risk. Call in an airstrike if you need, but you don't do that, it's stupid.

Again, I knew Hollywood would put in extra drama, but I was disappointed. I expect that from a normal war movie, but I didn't for this one.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
One of the reasons why I put off watching it, was because I knew I was going to spot technical things that were incorrect easily. Things like not using a scope cover, the reticle being wrong, what recoil looks like, etc. They did bug me too, but I expected it. I also knew they would "Hollywood" up the story a bit, but I was disappointed by the amount they did. In my opinion they changed it to the point it should be considered fiction.

What I was most disappointed was how they portrayed the military, which was the same as Hurt Locker. In their attempt to make Chris into a larger than life character who is a hero at all hours of the day, they made the rest of the military into weak scared little bunnies. The Hurt Locker did the same. In my opinion it was a little insulting.

Things like having Chris leave his overwatch position to clear houses. It doesn't work that way, and no SEAL or sniper worth a crap would leave their overwatch position to do that just because they're not doing enough shooting. It puts the mission in jeopardy. No different from having tanks on overwatch, you have a job to do. Then he takes point with a sniper rifle? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. There's a reason why assault teams use holographic sites and redots, using a high powered scope in a low light close quarter situation is asking for trouble.

During my time in I split as a sniper and as the point man on an assault team. I rarely did overwatch missions as a sniper, typically I did recon, OP's, or HVT tracking/engagement. When I did do them, I knew better than to leave before I was supposed to, that's how people die, and how missions fail. Same thing with engaging a target that gives away your position. The end when he goes to kill Mustafa (which is also made up actually) he puts that entire SKT now at risk. Call in an airstrike if you need, but you don't do that, it's stupid.

Again, I knew Hollywood would put in extra drama, but I was disappointed. I expect that from a normal war movie, but I didn't for this one.

Agree totally Blue. The bolded part was my most head scratching moment of the movie also. I have never served, and therefore have not experienced what you and other military have, but that seemed almost comical to me. To me, it screamed "Oh, I am such an amazing sniper, that I will go ahead take some time off to come on down and show you bumbling idiots how to clear these houses". I even said something to the effect that is was almost insulting to think that the other team(s) needed help from this one guy. That was why I said it felt over glorified in my review. that's Hollywood for you.

P.S. Thank you for your service.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I got Netflix not too long ago and I probably watch a terrible movie once a day or so just to unwind before bed or something.

I recently watched Drinking Buddies. Why, you ask? Because it stars Olivia Wilde and there is mention of beer. It's a movie that I doesn't really have a plot and doesn't have much of a story. It's about the guy from New Girl being friends with Olivia Wilde. The entire time you're wondering if New Girl dude is going to get out of the friend zone and dump Anna Kendrick for Olivia Wilde. Olivia does take it off so the film has some redemption points. 5/10

I also recently watched Extraterrestrial because Michael Ironside is in it. The movie isn't a cinematic masterpiece, it is predictable, and the acting isn't spectacular but it's still a little fun. The movie could have used a little more Michael Ironside, the bad guy from Total Recall, but his role was fantastic. 7/10

@dieterbrock I'd love to read your review of Pitch Perfect 2. I guess Anna Kendrick can sing but she bores me as an actress.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm guessing this has been mentioned on this thread loads of times but I watched Interstellar over the weekend.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to take it seriously. Those robots looked like talking filing cabinets for one thing.

I was confused and generally disappointed by it. 5/10.
The wife and I sat down a couple months ago to watch this movie , we made it as far as the water Planet with the huge Tidal waves and that's as far as we got , we still have never gotten around to finishing it

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Avengers: Age of Ultron: 6 - 10.

Ultron was one of the most laughable villains I've ever seen, and he was basically an evil robotic Tony Stark with none of the intimidation or the genuine humor of the latter. The Vision wasn't as impressive as I thought he would be. Powerful, yeah, but no personality. The Natasha/Bruce romance was completely forced, I was pretty pissed at the character death in the film (I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I think that the wrong character died; really thought it should've been Hawkeye because his death would've impacted people much more), and of course, Ultron was arguably the most disappointing villain in the Marvel series since Abomination (although nobody can really beat the abomination that was Abomination...yet). The Infinity Stone plot, as someone mentioned, was the most rushed part of the entire movie, and it was supposed to be the most important.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver saved this movie from a poor grade. They added something new to the team. They added a more immature perspective, compared to the older adults, which I thought was brilliant. And they weren't just "the twins." Their personalities really contrasted with each other wonderfully, and you could tell that aside from being born twelve minutes apart, they weren't carbon cutouts of each other, which a lot of people who write twins love to do.

Thanos better be all that I'm hoping for and more (I refuse to watch the Ant-Man film because that scumbag Hank Pym is in there.) And Deadpool had BETTER face him first (because Thanos really hates Deadpool). There should be an Infinity Stone in the Deadpool movie, and I'm going to be very disappointed if his interactions with Death are shunted to the side. Also, Death had better be brilliant as well, if she's there.

Overall, a very disappointing movie; it was really a tragedy that the best villain in that entire film was Thanos, who only had a minor speaking role after the credits.

Well, this is how you make a sci-fi action film. Add in some really awesome creatures (vulture-like beings, the Mud Demons - which are basically a scorpion with a tail that seems to be a snake head with horizontal jaws and no eyes - and, my all-time favorite, jackal-wolf things, one of which became a pet to the MC, Riddick. Now, he has a trilogy to his name, but I haven't seen the first, and I only saw the end of the second. But I learned enough from the movie itself to know what had happened with this murderous criminal. Exposition without boring the person being exposed.

The mercenaries who are trying to collect Riddick's head are awesome as well. The leader of the professionals (Johns) and the father of a guy that Riddick killed (the guy was as bad as they came, but dear old dad didn't know that), a woman sniper with many skills who is the second-in-command to the professionals (Dahl), the nutty, small-skills-big-ego leader of the bushwhacker mercenaries (Santana), his second-in-command and my personal favorite human character in this film (Diaz), along with a host of others whose deaths to the Mud Demons/Riddick actually made me feel something. Santana was the lone guy I hated, but even his actor did his job to make the audience hate his guts.

Basically non-stop action and survival and easily some of the most heart-breaking animal deaths I've seen (I even pitied a Mud Demon at one point, although I felt sorry for all of the animals, really, having to live on a crappy planet like this one.) And about the planet? About the animals? Those were awesome special effects.

It's not the best movie. Sometimes you just wish it would slow down and take its time to savor the fear of the individuals stuck on the planet. Sometimes, you want to know more about the characters, save Riddick. But one thing that this movie never does is bore you.

Much, much better movie than you normally see on a home screen. I have to say that it was worth watching.
Age of Ultron

I agree with most of what you said , although I did give it a little higher rating , even with all it's flaws , I still found it pretty entertaining even though Ultron himself was pretty disappointing , but then I was never a Ultron fan even in the comics , the whole Hulk / Black Widow relationship just never felt right from the git go , I did like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver , bummer about Quicksilver though , the Vision I actually thought was pretty cool , even though he didn't have much to do , but we'll be seeing a lot more of him in the future

As far as Deadpool and Thanos , probably never going to happen , the movie rights of Thanos is owned by Disney and Deadpool is owned by Fox

Now as far as Ant-man , I can not wait for this movie , this is my most ANTicipated movie of the year , next to Star Wars maybe , but I'm looking forward to Ant-man , even more then I was The Avengers

0jrxIm192e98.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only if you didn't get sex after watching that......otherwise. Yes. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I saw it because I took my daughter and her 7 friends to see it for her birthday so that wasnt on the table. Lol

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I would recommend Pitch Black as well. While it is technically a horror flick, it's much more than that. Certain characters switch their principles, and I'm not talking about Riddick.

8 out of 10

PA Ram

Pro Bowler

Things like having Chris leave his overwatch position to clear houses. It doesn't work that way, and no SEAL or sniper worth a crap would leave their overwatch position to do that just because they're not doing enough shooting. It puts the mission in jeopardy. No different from having tanks on overwatch, you have a job to do. Then he takes point with a sniper rifle? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. There's a reason why assault teams use holographic sites and redots, using a high powered scope in a low light close quarter situation is asking for trouble.

I liked the film.

But the main reason I liked it was because it shed some focus on the family aspect which a lot of war films do not do. Now, I did find some stuff unbelieveable but I forgave it because I always felt like my wife never got enough credit when I was in Desert Storm. Sure, when I came home, I had people thanking me and all the accolades but my wife didn't get any of the recognition I felt she deserved for staying home and raising my 1 year old son at the time and feeling the frustration of having no help from me--of not even being able to contact me on things(short of an emergency when she could have used the Red Cross). Now I know in the film he seems to be always talking to his wife--not so sure about that. But the point for me is that the families left behind deserve more attention and praise for their personal sacrifice.

I thought this was one of the rarer films to do that.

As for the Hollywood stuff---yeah they combined some characters and pumped up dramatic elements but I still liked the film.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Just re-watched the 4 of the Star Wars movies so here we go:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (May 19, 1999)
Pod racing, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul saved this movie. Everyone knows that Jar-Jar was a no-no.
Considered to be the worst of the Star Wars franchise. I agree...
Overall rating: 6.5 out of 10.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones (May 16, 2002)
I also didn't really like this movie either. Jango Fett, the clone army, Yoda vs Dooku, and the battle at Geonosis was pretty awesome.
I felt like this movie tried a little too much to be as action packed as the others.
Overall rating: 7 out of 10.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
Quite possibly my favorite Star Wars movie so far... Beautiful special effects and a great story line. Obi-Wan vs Anakin lightsaber fight was intense and well choreographed.
Very underrated in my opinion.
Overall rating: 9.5 out of 10.

Episode IV: A New Hope (May 25, 1977)
Who doesn't love the original Star Wars movie?
Beautiful and timeless.
Overall rating: 9 out of 10.

I will do the other two but I want to watch them again so I can pick up some things I might not remember.
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (May 21, 1980)
One of the greatest plot twists of all time. "No. I am your father."
Other cool parts of Episode V: The battle on Hoth, seeing Yoda for the 1st time ever, and the Carbon Freezing Chamber on Bespin.
Overall rating: 8.5 out of 10.
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (May 25, 1983)
The third installment of this classic franchise was pretty good. I like Admiral Akbar's famous saying, "It's a trap!" and the planet Endor and the Ewoks who live there.
As for the Ewoks killing the stormtroopers and blowing up the death star again - not so much.
Overall rating: 7.5 out of 10.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR WARS!!! On this day in 1977, Star Wars was released into theaters. Since then, the title was added the subtitle Episode IV: A New Hope and many sequels including Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, which also hit the screen on this day in 1983.