LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
you need to start a vasectomy thread - i had the hottest nurse swab my balls with iodine while she tried to make small talk, unfortunately the only thing that was small was my john thomas that had turtled into oblivion, had to explain to the nurse that i was normally hung like a elk and that what she was swabbing as an anomaly

And do you think it would've more or less embarrassing if it had gone to the other extreme because of the hot nurse? :sneaky:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Inbetweeners 2:

Not sure if you see the inbetweeners in the states. The tv series was funny and the first film followed on from that but this one was really crap.

Inbetweeners is awesome but I agree the 2nd movie is a letdown big time.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
And do you think it would've more or less embarrassing if it had gone to the other extreme because of the hot nurse? :sneaky:

That would have been heroic actually -- like in a movie when youre about to be executed, but know you must face the gallows with your head held high (no pun intended)

Movie review:
Imitation Game 7/10 - my wife forces me to watch Downton Abbey which is sort of okay, but this was a more compelling version of that sort of production - there was a lot at stake in the story so it was fun to watch

Interstellar 4/10 - stop trying to be 2001, boring as sin, too many man tears, horrible doomsday vibe that never let's up - Michael Bay's Armageddon rocks cause it's got humor, interstellar was just Christopher Nolan wanking off thinking he's an arteur

And speaking of wannabe arteur

Inherent Vice 5/10 - so obviously The Dude from Big Lebowski, meets Elliott Gould from the Long Goodbye. Adapting pinchon is insane task that never works out - story is about nothing.., on purpose - ends up being confusing instead of fun or entertaining. Cameos made the thing feel like a heavily stylized Saturday night live skit.

Watch the Long Goodbye for a great modern noir - you'll love it

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeNyD9UFXHs

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Interstellar 4/10 - stop trying to be 2001, boring as sin, too many man tears, horrible doomsday vibe that never let's up - Michael Bay's Armageddon rocks cause it's got humor, interstellar was just Christopher Nolan wanking off thinking he's an arteur

I haven't seen it. But I remember the trailer being pretty close to the most boring 2 minutes of my life.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Finally got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm probably going to catch hell for this, but I thought that movie was a steaming pile of shit. I usually go in for that sort of thing, especially when I'm in the mood for some mindless entertainment. But the dialog in that movie was piss-poor from start to finish. I did not laugh once -- they'd take something that had a seed of humor and then beat it like a dead horse until all the funny imploded.

Then when Quill broke into his song & dance, I cringed -- I was actually EMBARRASSED to be watching this movie, and I was alone. That's how bad it was.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I haven't seen it. But I remember the trailer being pretty close to the most boring 2 minutes of my life.

What's so brutal is it's called Interstellar - that's pretty much the universe where dealing with but all we see of Earth is 15 acres of corn field where everyone is depressed
then they get into space and it seems to take place entirely in a box
There is no sense of endless scale with space which is what made 2001 so insanely good - it also suffers from coming off the heals of Gravity - so we've seen all the technological achievements in cinema the previous year - makes you appreciate City of God so much more after watching such a horrid movie as interstellar

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I still
What's so brutal is it's called Interstellar - that's pretty much the universe where dealing with but all we see of Earth is 15 acres of corn field where everyone is depressed
then they get into space and it seems to take place entirely in a box
There is no sense of endless scale with space which is what made 2001 so insanely good - it also suffers from coming off the heals of Gravity - so we've seen all the technological achievements in cinema the previous year - makes you appreciate City of God so much more after watching such a horrid movie as interstellar
I still haven't made it all the way through the movie yet , I made it to where they just left the water planet with the huge tidalwave

I think my favorite part is

warning , spoilers..........

that NASA just so conveniently has a HUGE underground space station just a couple miles from where Matthew McConaughey lives without anyone knowing a thing about it ,

and...........

and..........

Matthew McConaughey just so happened to be a ex NASA pilot that all the underground NASA rocket scientist's didn't know was farming just a few miles away

I mean , what are the odds

o_O

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kingsman

I loved it - but I'm a sucker for the genre. It doesn't take itself too seriously, has more than a healthy dose of action with great fighting choreography, a soundtrack worth owning, and despite repeated attempts to make fun of itself, a pretty compelling plot.

If you like the old James Bond movies - do yourself a favor and see this. If you prefer more realistic fiction - better to take a pass.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Guardians of the Galaxy 8.8898823/10. Good movie.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7 years in Tibet 8.5 / 10 excellent movie. even if it wasnt a true story, it would still be entertaining. another culture ruined by a war mongering country.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
God Bless America: 10/10 Bobcat Goldthwait directed Joel Murray in this dark humor Indy that amounts to a scathing social critique.

Idiocracy: 10/10 Mike Judge directed Luke Wilson in this comedy along the same lines of social commentary.

You can't watch either of these movies and have their dialogue, settings and narratives not become part of your lexicon. It's inevitable and that's a good thing because we need more and better ways to describe the paucity of critical thinking occurring around us than just saying, "this is bullshit".

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Okay... On a date night it was between Cinderella (new live action version) and Fifty Shades of Grey. I let the wife choose.

I was thinking Cinderella.

She chose Fifty Shades.

Lemme say right now that I've seen worse movies. The sex is so tame that I didn't feel so much as a stir down below. This is no 9 1/2 weeks.

I won't bother with a full breakdown, but the film that was supposed to be so brave showed neither actor or actress in full frontal nudity. We're supposed to suspend our belief regarding this budding BDSM "romance", but no one shows their junk in the privacy of their own homes?

The writing was gawd awful, the editing was tasteful... Which, for a movie like this should be an insult. It shouldn't be grind house or cinema verite, but it almost looks like they were shooting for a PG-13 rating. Hell, based on what I saw, I don't see any reason it couldn't be. The directing was a damned mess, but nothing could save anyone from the total crap writing and even worse characters...

No stars, no points.... it wasn't intelligent, sexy or even the slightest bit enlightening about the BDSM world unless it's common for new BDSM "couples" to have really long meetings in boardrooms checking off boxes of what they won't do as if that's the hottest thing ever.

The ONE good thing... Dakota Johnson (Don Johnson's daughter is the lead female in Fifty Shades) is 100x better as the fan fiction vision for Bella than Kristen She-Who-Has-One-Expression-For-All-Things... Which really was refreshing because if she were a carbon copy... The film would have strayed into the "Showgirls" zone... That zone of films that I refer to which makes me viscerally angry upon viewing.

Here's a phrase I'm not sure I would have said prior to realizing what our movie choices were: I really wish we'd seen Cinderella.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
God Bless America: 10/10 Bobcat Goldthwait directed Joel Murray in this dark humor Indy that amounts to a scathing social critique.
I've seen that before, I do recall enjoying it. I had no idea that Bobcat Goldthwait directed it. I've always like Bobcat and being a fan of the Larry Sanders show, I wish Bobcat would have hosted a late night TV show.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Avengers: Age of Ultron. 8/10. It's starts off action packed, then slowly brings along Ultron. Kevin Spader nailed Ultron, dude was sadistic.

Definitely a lot of geek out moments, especially the extended fight at the end (the one they showed in the trailers).

The ending right before the credits rolled pissed me off tho. Like, really pissed me off. :whistle:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Avengers: Age of Ultron. 8/10. It's starts off action packed, then slowly brings along Ultron. Kevin Spader nailed Ultron, dude was sadistic.

Definitely a lot of geek out moments, especially the extended fight at the end (the one they showed in the trailers).

The ending right before the credits rolled pissed me off tho. Like, really pissed me off. :whistle:
Not sure if your last sentence was suppose to be blue font but nothing pissed me off about Ultron! Maybe I left too soon as after Thanos, I left! 8 of 10 is about right!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not sure if your last sentence was suppose to be blue font but nothing pissed me off about Ultron! Maybe I left too soon as after Thanos, I left! 8 of 10 is about right!

Well, what Cap yelled at the end, his VERY last words, that pissed me off. B/c I wanted him to say it, but....well you know. Nerd rage.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Jupiter Ascending

4/10

Its laughable really. I blame the writers and director for this crap. I like Tatum and Kunis, but the script is such shit. Storyline isnt bad, but how they did it all is. Could have been so much better. Some of the battles are good, but thats about it.

Last edited: