LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Birdman: 5/10

This film is one of the best reviewed movies of the year so I had very high hopes for it. It's tough to live up to that sort of hype and "Birdman" doesn't.

What I liked: The acting. Keaton, Watts, Norton and Stone were all fantastic. Keaton should probably make a place for his Oscar. It would be well-deserved. I also liked the constant tracking shot that runs through the whole film--it's almost hypnotic and within the confines of the theater where it takes place the trick works well to give a feeling of claustrophobia, and running in circles, a great metaphor of Michael Keaton's mental state.

Keaton plays a version of his true life self. Like "Birdman" he played the part of a superhero--a major franchise-- who quit the franchise and somewhat disappeared from the world.

The character "Riggan Thomson" wants to prove .himself of value, to show his real acting chops, to be respected for his true talent and not just some "guy in a suit". "Birdman" takes a slap at the superficial films of today and screams for movies or plays that challenge actors, that justify their existence. But why not sell out and do the costume thing--there's big money, you're loved for it, it doesn't matter what critics write. It's the easier path. But somehow, as an actor, it leaves you empty--missing something. And actors are a funny self-absorbed bunch.

What I didn't like: The characters. They aren't very likeable, frankly. I wasn't cheering for any of them and would not want to know any of them. While the film does a great job as a character study--they weren't particularly characters I wanted to study. Are actors really like this? I'm sure some are and some aren't. Riggan Thomson seems to be mentally falling apart under this play he is starring in and directing--where everything can ride upon a single review. He has a difficult actor to work with(Norton) a guy who could sabotage his whole play, a daughter(Stone) who he barely seems to know and a relationship with another actress who may or may not be pregnant. Their lives are sort of sad.

There are fanciful scenes. Are they only in Riggan's mind? Are they real? Is he crazy?

The ending lets you draw your own conclusion.

But it doesn't really matter.

The movie wants to make statements about actors, today's cinema, theater and critics.

It's not a terrible film but it does feel a bit long and I didn't find myself wanting to spend much time with the characters.

In terms of acting though? Great performances.

Cinematography? Fantastic.

Nicely done PA - I would give it an 8.5, but pretty much concur with your take. To me, it was worth it just for Norton - thought he was fantastic.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
St. Vincent is a solid 8 - funny and heartbreaking, but realistic at the same time. Murray is classic.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The 3rd Hobbit movie- 6/10. It was kinda meh. I liked the first one in this series the best.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A walk among the tombstones.

4/10

I love Liam Neeson movies and love crime dramas as well. Liam did a good job....

Only problem.....the plot. Most straight forward crime thriller ever. No twist of any kind. Kept waiting for anything to happen that wasn't 100% expected but never came. What you see and expect is all you get. Was Lame.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
As above, so below

7/10

Decent horror movie and good for a "found footage" type.

Turned out better than I thought it would be. Ending was kinda nothing bit everything else was decent. Good movie to put a few scares in your girl lol.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
While I'm at it I will do one I have seen many times(probably 10 at least) but haven't rated yet.

Guardians of the galaxy

10/10

Perfect cast for the characters. Great blend of action, comedy, adventure and drama. Movie never gets old.

When I first saw the trailer I thought it'd suck. Oh how wrong I was. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's not very often that I'll go out to the theatre and watch a movie. Especially one that is going to be sold out. But I did it last night and I am so happy that I did.

American Sniper is an amazing story and movie. WOW

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the machinist 7.5 / 10 good movie for the christian bale fans. the things actors do for a role though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
While I'm at it I will do one I have seen many times(probably 10 at least) but haven't rated yet.

Guardians of the galaxy

10/10

Perfect cast for the characters. Great blend of action, comedy, adventure and drama. Movie never gets old.

When I first saw the trailer I thought it'd suck. Oh how wrong I was. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch.
I loved that movie. When I first saw trailers I thought, "Yeah, no way in hell I'm watching a movie with a raccoon as a hero." It looked so cheesy and childish. But I decided to watch it anyway because it had some good reviews. I was hooked from the opening scene where Chris Pratt popped that old tune and swagged his way through that cave. lol. Super awesome soundtrack too. I now have all of those songs on my car's playlist.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I loved that movie. When I first saw trailers I thought, "Yeah, no way in hell I'm watching a movie with a raccoon as a hero." It looked so cheesy and childish. But I decided to watch it anyway because it had some good reviews. I was hooked from the opening scene where Chris Pratt popped that old tune and swagged his way through that cave. lol. Super awesome soundtrack too. I now have all of those songs on my car's playlist.

Agree 100000% with all of that. Those are all the exact same thoughts I had/have lol.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Rear Window (1954) - directed by Alfred Hitchcock
I'll give it 9/10.
LB Jefferies, a talented photographer, has a broken leg and is confined to his apartment. To keep himself occupied he observes his neighbors. He's got a neighbor that is a beautiful ballerina, one that is a lonely alcoholic that will probably die alone, one that is a pianist, a crazy woman that does abstract pottery, and a man whom Jefferies suspects of murder. While this is all happening, he's visited often by his nurse and his girl friend Lisa. Lisa is played by Grace Kelly whom is much younger than Stewart.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
American Sniper 10/10 ! Absolutely amazing movie. Really strange when it was over as they didn't play any music or anything for the credits it was just dead silence other than hearing a few people crying.... in a completely full theater it nobody wanted to make that first move to get up and leave everyone just sat there in silence for at least a minute or two and even when the crowd started to head out just dead silence. Amazing movie about an Amazing American war hero.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
American Sniper 10/10 ! Absolutely amazing movie. Really strange when it was over as they didn't play any music or anything for the credits it was just dead silence other than hearing a few people crying.... in a completely full theater it nobody wanted to make that first move to get up and leave everyone just sat there in silence for at least a minute or two and even when the crowd started to head out just dead silence. Amazing movie about an Amazing American war hero.

I want to watch it but I don't think I'm mentally prepared. It seems really intense.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The 3rd Hobbit movie- 6/10. It was kinda meh. I liked the first one in this series the best.

Yea, the third one was more of the feeling of the last Lord of the Rings. It's been over done at this point.

I did enjoy the Dwarf cousin though, he was quite the fighter.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fury

Probably my new favorite WW2 movie. The most raw and ruthless war movie I've seen yet. Just some of the moments make you go, "did that really just happen?"

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Watched "Oldboy" (remake with Josh Brolin) on Netflix the other night. If you never saw the original and/or don't know what this is about... Don't spoil it. Even though I kinda saw it coming, the end freaking got me. Nice revenge tale. 8.5/10

Re-watched "Prometheus" with my son (who is turning into quite the Sci-Fi nut) and still enjoy it. The film got bashed by a lot of people, but I like the whole Alien mythos and after reading some stuff on Reddit about all the religious/evolution subtext within the film I have an even better view and appreciation of the movie. Silly plot holes be damned. 8.5/10

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's not very often that I'll go out to the theatre and watch a movie. Especially one that is going to be sold out. But I did it last night and I am so happy that I did.

American Sniper is an amazing story and movie. WOW

I give it a 10 also. Just got home from watching it. Great Great movie. What got me was how silent the theatre was afterwards when everybody was leaving, total silence.