LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The Maze Runner 7/10 only because I like the Hunger Games and the style of this movie seems to be playing off that popularity.
I saw The Maze Runner but I spent the entire time wondering if Newt is Sam from Love Actually.

Newt
latest

Sam
loveactually0-100.jpg

I later IMDB'd it, same dude.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Zombeavers 5/10 everything you'd expect from a lousy "slasher type" movie and more. i was rootin for the beavers to "dam" the bad actors. a couple of laugh out loud moments (whether they were intended or not such as the whack-a-beaver scene). good movie on a rainy day and a couple of beers. the beavers are horrifically awful (visually), which is good so you dont feel bad when they get whacked with a bat or two. if you brave this one, make sure you see the easter egg after the credits are done.

I Origins 6.5 / 10 not a bad movie, but the writer missed his chance with a good idea. maybe someday it will be remade by a higher level of talent into the movie it should/could/would have been.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Is it bad that just knowing there's a movie existing called "That Award Moment" makes me want to punch every single person on the planet in the face?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Oh btw, watched The Thing the other night for the first time in like 10 years. Still so good. 8.7897154/10

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh btw, watched The Thing the other night for the first time in like 10 years. Still so good. 8.7897154/10

If we ever meet, I'm wearing a throat, face, and dick guard.

How can you wait ten years to watch The Thing? That's like waiting ten years to watch Alien.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Saw two movies in a row that made my wife sob. Yay movie night!

Still Alice and The Judge.
Good movies if you like getting depressed at the end.
Well made movies, but the endings (while foreseeable), were kind of sobering.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Saw two movies in a row that made my wife sob. Yay movie night!

Still Alice and The Judge.
Good movies if you like getting depressed at the end.
Well made movies, but the endings (while foreseeable), were kind of sobering.

Did they get you laid or did you just suffer?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Did they get you laid or did you just suffer?
I suffered. "there, there, it's alright...." for an hour.
To be fair to the wife, both stories dealt with people with terminal illnesses and degenerative cognitive issues.
Both of which happened to her parents respectively.

Needless to say, I'm pre-screening every movie from here on out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I suffered. "there, there, it's alright...." for an hour.
To be fair to the wife, both stories dealt with people with terminal illnesses and degenerative cognitive issues.
Both of which happened to her parents respectively.

Needless to say, I'm pre-screening every movie from here on out.

We all have terminal illnesses and degenerative cognitive issues. It's a wonder we stay balanced with all we have to deal with.

I choose to ignore sorrow and recognize the life. Not that there isn't sorrow, but that people's lives mean so much more.

What would they do if they had just one more day?

Who am I kidding, I'd be here. I wish I wouldn't be, football is next to meaningless compared to what we could be doing, but our choices have us here. We spend our time worried about a game. We could save children from poverty or feed the homeless...

You know what -X-, I'm done with football. I'm done. I'm going to give my time to those who need me from now on.

Your reply woke me up to what I'm doing and I thank you.

I wish you all the best, and I will watch and follow the Rams, but it's time for me to go make a difference.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We all have terminal illnesses and degenerative cognitive issues. It's a wonder we stay balanced with all we have to deal with.

I choose to ignore sorrow and recognize the life. Not that there isn't sorrow, but that people's lives mean so much more.

What would they do if they had just one more day?

Who am I kidding, I'd be here. I wish I wouldn't be, football is next to meaningless compared to what we could be doing, but our choices have us here. We spend our time worried about a game. We could save children from poverty or feed the homeless...

You know what -X-, I'm done with football. I'm done. I'm going to give my time to those who need me from now on.

Your reply woke me up to what I'm doing and I thank you.

I wish you all the best, and I will watch and follow the Rams, but it's time for me to go make a difference.
If you're serious, I wish you all the best and find myself proud of the commitment you're making.
If you're pulling my leg, I'm going to have to kill you.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If we ever meet, I'm wearing a throat, face, and dick guard.

How can you wait ten years to watch The Thing? That's like waiting ten years to watch Alien.

I've seen it. It's just been a long ass time since. Made it that much more awesomeristic

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gone Girl - 8/10. Pack a lunch with this one as it was looooooong. Definitely catches you peeking into the backfield and goes up top on you a few times....errr...umm...that was just a flashback to last Sundays game, sorry. Lots of good twists in this one though. My wife and son weren't impressed with the ending, but I thought it was a clever way to bring things back full loop.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The Apartment (highest rating possible)
1960 Director: Billy Wilder

I say this with total sincerity, Jack Lemmon was a national treasure.
Shirley McClaine and Fred MacMurray are excellent in this as well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This Is Where I Leave You.

Freakin' 10/10. I even thought about doing a Nigel Tufnel and giving it an 11.

I read the book, which was excellent, and was very happy when I heard they were going to make a movie out of it. Then the movie came out and the critics slammed it. But I wanted to see it anyway. After seeing it, well, fck the critics they were wrong. Maybe one of the producers pissed off an agent or someone and he lobbied the critics to slam the movie. No matter what the motivation, they were wrong.

Great cast, great acting. Hell, I don't even like Jane Fonda or Tina Fey, and yet I liked both of them in this. Every actor was pitch perfect relative to their respective character in the book.

The movie had all of the wild, emotional swings that the book did. It had some gut-wrenching moments that speak to the unfairness of life, and it had plenty of silly moments that speak to the absurdity of it all - just like the book. Honestly, I just don't see how it's possible for anyone who liked the book to not like this movie.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Snowpiercer. 6/10

After seeing this on a "10 under-the-radar movies you must see" list, and discovering it was on Netflix instant watch, I gave it a viewing. The premise is pretty good; the world froze over and the only survivors are on a train that never stops. Separated by class, the lower class has had enough and storms through the train to get to the upper class. The ending kind of killed it for me, and doesn't seem to tie everything up.

Athos

Legend
Oblivion.

6/10, mostly for the incredible effects.

Poorly written. But it's a Tom Cruise action movie and for some reason, I just can't get enough of them. The dude's a crazy shiteater, but damn if his movies aren't at least fun.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7 Below. 4/10 . just because ving rhames and val kilmer are in it, doesnt mean its good. when i can notice goofs and plot holes, its time to move on to the next flick.

Equilibrium 5/10 futuristic non emotional society story. all i could think of it as a christian bale doing his version of "Neo" from the matrix. unless you like mr bale, dont bother. or silly shooting action scenes.

Sunshine 6.5 / 10 good sci fi action. the ending kind of lost it for me, but was interesting up to that point.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Olympus Has Fallen: 2/10.

If you just like action schlock and don't care about plot, or you like making fun of bad movies, I'd say go for this movie.

But if you can't turn your brain off, this movie is really going to bother you. Hypercompetent terrorists who may or may not be backed by North Korea take over the White House and no one else is competent in the movie except for the heroes.

In this movie, we learn that apparently, simply removing troops from South Korea will cause the North to defeat the South (um... no.) and the United States has a system that can destroy all of our own nuclear missiles that we cannot change the password to if the White House becomes compromised. Passwords can even be bruteforced, and the abort password is twice as long and more complicated (including symbols) than any of the 3 six character passwords to arm the system.

Also, just to show how bad the research is? The supposedly Korean bad guy demands that the 7th Fleet be removed from the Sea of Japan... Koreans DO NOT EVER call it the Sea of Japan. They refer to that body of water as the East Sea and it's a very contentious issue. They call it the East Sea.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Imitation Game 8.8/10 well acted movie (especially benedict cumberbatch)
about a very important part of WWII . *enigma machines*. After watching i went and read up on the subject, thats how interested i became of it .

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Birdman: 5/10

This film is one of the best reviewed movies of the year so I had very high hopes for it. It's tough to live up to that sort of hype and "Birdman" doesn't.

What I liked: The acting. Keaton, Watts, Norton and Stone were all fantastic. Keaton should probably make a place for his Oscar. It would be well-deserved. I also liked the constant tracking shot that runs through the whole film--it's almost hypnotic and within the confines of the theater where it takes place the trick works well to give a feeling of claustrophobia, and running in circles, a great metaphor of Michael Keaton's mental state.

Keaton plays a version of his true life self. Like "Birdman" he played the part of a superhero--a major franchise-- who quit the franchise and somewhat disappeared from the world.

The character "Riggan Thomson" wants to prove .himself of value, to show his real acting chops, to be respected for his true talent and not just some "guy in a suit". "Birdman" takes a slap at the superficial films of today and screams for movies or plays that challenge actors, that justify their existence. But why not sell out and do the costume thing--there's big money, you're loved for it, it doesn't matter what critics write. It's the easier path. But somehow, as an actor, it leaves you empty--missing something. And actors are a funny self-absorbed bunch.

What I didn't like: The characters. They aren't very likeable, frankly. I wasn't cheering for any of them and would not want to know any of them. While the film does a great job as a character study--they weren't particularly characters I wanted to study. Are actors really like this? I'm sure some are and some aren't. Riggan Thomson seems to be mentally falling apart under this play he is starring in and directing--where everything can ride upon a single review. He has a difficult actor to work with(Norton) a guy who could sabotage his whole play, a daughter(Stone) who he barely seems to know and a relationship with another actress who may or may not be pregnant. Their lives are sort of sad.

There are fanciful scenes. Are they only in Riggan's mind? Are they real? Is he crazy?

The ending lets you draw your own conclusion.

But it doesn't really matter.

The movie wants to make statements about actors, today's cinema, theater and critics.

It's not a terrible film but it does feel a bit long and I didn't find myself wanting to spend much time with the characters.

In terms of acting though? Great performances.

Cinematography? Fantastic.