LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just watched the Girl with the Tattoo / Fire / Hornets nest / trilogy the last 2 days.
1. Tattoo 8.5 good movie, good plot, good tension with a nice twist at the end
2. Fire 8.0 good movie, etc et al, just not as good as the first.
3. Hornets 8.5 good movie, all loose ends tied up nicely (and make sense in the process). i prefer the swedish version for the added realism and easier to see the main character as a victim and somewhat vulnerable vs the "james bond guy". plus i use subtitles anyway since i'm partially deaf, so foreign language doesnt bother me a bit. i liked noomi rapace better as well. either way, still a very good movie, plot and acting so no reason not to watch.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The Out Of Towners

I'm a big Jack Lemmon fan and love pretty much all his movies , impossible to ever pick just one favorite , but this one is right up there and watch it every time it comes one

8star.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just watched the Rush Documentary on Netflix and it is outstanding..........probably the best one I've seen on a musician or band. I highly recommend it especially to any of you that are fans of the band.

@IowaRam you posted Teacher Teacher by 38 Special on another board and I love that tune. I'm adding it to my ipod..........I had totally forgotten about it. It's been rattling around my head all day.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
@IowaRam you posted Teacher Teacher by 38 Special on another board and I love that tune. I'm adding it to my ipod..........I had totally forgotten about it. It's been rattling around my head all day.

What's the name of this river !!!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Oh Sorry

What is the name of this river !!!!

That's from the movie and music video for Teacher Teacher by 38 Special , every time I hear that song ,I always hear Richard Mulligan's voice saying . What is the name of this river !!!!

Teachers_1.02.58.21.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hunger Games 3

8/10

Saw it with my girlfriend, I thought it was a pretty good film overall. I didn't think I would enjoy the series, but I have so far (Jennifer Lawrence doesn't hurt either). Seems like all the rage is to split the third book of a book trilogy into two films, so of course the movie ended right as it was getting good, but if you're a fan of the series then it's definitely worth it.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Just watched a documentary called" beware of mr. Baker" about one of rock n rolls greatest drummers, although he considers himself a jazz drummer. The one and only Ginger Baker. 8 out of 10 I rate it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Interstellar 9/10

Amazing roller coaster of emotions. My head is completely fucked right now. While you can obviously nitpick some holes in the logic, a lot of the things that happen scientifically are actually theoretically (a key word) possible. It's just a matter of how they're portrayed in the movie, which can all be seen with a more slightly open view being as we've never obviously done or seen any of them. That said, there are still some obvious head scratchers. To me though they're easy to overcome because I had respect for what the movie was trying to portray scientifically that has never been done before on film.

My only regret is that I can't go back in time and watch this completely baked out of my fucking mind with Carl Sagan lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Interstellar 9/10

Amazing roller coaster of emotions. My head is completely fucked right now. While you can obviously nitpick some holes in the logic, a lot of the things that happen scientifically are actually theoretically (a key word) possible. It's just a matter of how they're portrayed in the movie, which can all be seen with a more slightly open view being as we've never obviously done or seen any of them. That said, there are still some obvious head scratchers. To me though they're easy to overcome because I had respect for what the movie was trying to portray scientifically that has never been done before on film.

My only regret is that I can't go back in time and watch this completely baked out of my freaking mind with Carl Sagan lol.

He would probably ruin it by explaining how some things aren't scientifically possible ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh Sorry

What is the name of this river !!!!

That's from the movie and music video for Teacher Teacher by 38 Special , every time I hear that song ,I always hear Richard Mulligan's voice saying . What is the name of this river !!!!

Teachers_1.02.58.21.jpg

I missed the reference and I should have caught it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hunger Games 3

8/10

Saw it with my girlfriend, I thought it was a pretty good film overall. I didn't think I would enjoy the series, but I have so far (Jennifer Lawrence doesn't hurt either). Seems like all the rage is to split the third book of a book trilogy into two films, so of course the movie ended right as it was getting good, but if you're a fan of the series then it's definitely worth it.

I haven't see 3 but have seen the others and I wasn't sure what I was going to think going in but the set designs aand wardrobe are startlingly creative and the movies are very good.

I'm going to see 3 when it hits netflix

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just watched Dallas Buyers Club.

Wow, low budget high impact barely describes this one. Very, very, very "real" feeling. Matthew McConaughey got an Oscar for his performance and Jared Leto, who played a transvestite with AIDS won an Oscar too, but IMO he did the best job. Like I said it's low budget so not a lot of fancy sets and no explosions but its really raw and the acting across the board was first rate. A lot happens in small tight spaces so it adds to the overall feel.

I'm not sure how many movies copped Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor, my guess is a few but not many. You'll know why if you watch this one.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
He would probably ruin it by explaining how some things aren't scientifically possible ;)

I don't know. I think this movie would be quite up his ally. Pale blue dot my friend.

I agree that there is a few things that are scientifically impossible even. I would give examples but I don't want to spoil anything
sustaining high G force, being alone for 28 years without going fucking insane, etc. .
However those were actually relatively smaller things outside of the big picture of the film. We can all argue what actually happens when you enter a wormhole to almost certain probability, but no one is really sure. If you didn't turn into the spaghetti string a la Neil Degrasse Tysons famous description, that would be actually pretty close to what the inside of one would look like. I mean who even created that wormhole in the first place, is it really a "black hole?" Remember someone put that there (it's out of control yes, but it's a movie.) Hawking discovered not too long ago that radiation can escape black holes, black matter even is still a giant fucking mystery no matter what anyone says, and we're breaking old theories on them every day. So as far as the other BIG wtf's (5th dimension, etc.) who fucking knows. No one here has a clue really on that front, and outside of the pioneer side of the movie I believe Sagan would absolutely be a fan of that part. I thought the movie was bold to attempt to go there.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't know. I think this movie would be quite up his ally. Pale blue dot my friend.

I agree that there is a few things that are scientifically impossible even. I would give examples but I don't want to spoil anything
sustaining high G force, being alone for 28 years without going freaking insane, etc. .
However those were actually relatively smaller things outside of the big picture of the film. We can all argue what actually happens when you enter a wormhole to almost certain probability, but no one is really sure. If you didn't turn into the spaghetti string a la Neil Degrasse Tysons famous description, that would be actually pretty close to what the inside of one would look like. I mean who even created that wormhole in the first place, is it really a "black hole?" Remember someone put that there (it's out of control yes, but it's a movie.) Hawking discovered not too long ago that radiation can escape black holes, black matter even is still a giant freaking mystery no matter what anyone says, and we're breaking old theories on them every day. So as far as the other BIG wtf's (5th dimension, etc.) who freaking knows. No one here has a clue really on that front, and outside of the pioneer side of the movie I believe Sagan would absolutely be a fan of that part. I thought the movie was bold to attempt to go there.

There were a few other scientific impossibilities, but overall it was a good movie. He would probably enjoy it, but no doubt he would see some of the flaws, anyone who studies space does.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
St. Vincent. 8/10

I love Bill Murray, so I'm a little bias. It's a little formulaic, but super solid. Bill Murray gives a great performance.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
^^^ Loved St. Vincent. Bill Murray is brilliant, and you know how much juice he has when Melissa McCarthy takes such an understated role. Great movie.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I watched Life After Beth last night. It stars Aubrey Plaza, Dane DeHaan (I'm not familiar with him because I haven't watched In Treatment), John C. Reilly, Molly Shannon, Paul Reiser (didn't recognize him because he's all old now), and Matthew Gray Gubler (The scrawny detective with long hair and a satchel from Criminal Minds). It's probably in the 6 or 7 range so I'll say 6.5/10. It's not terribly funny but it managed to keep me interested because the acting was solid.. John C. Reilly could say anything, and I would probably laugh. His voice and delivery just crack me up.

What I learned from this movie is that Aubrey Plaza is a very talented actress. Paul Reiser looks like he had some bad plastic surgery. Matthew Gray Gubler can be funny. The few times I've watched Criminal Minds I get sick of Gubler's character.