Rank the GM's...Do you agree with Les?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Les the 23rd ranked GM in YOUR opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Found this today looking for news on OTA's. Is Les this low, should he have prepared better for the possibilities of Sam's injuries knowing his history?

http://nflmocks.com/2015/06/15/nfl-power-rankings-the-best-general-managers-1-32/10/

NFL Power Rankings: The Best General Managers 1-32
by Erik Lambert 22h ago

#23: Les Snead – St. Louis Rams
Notable Draft Picks:

• Michael Brockers
  • Janoris Jenkins
  • Alec Ogletree
  • Aaron Donald
  • Tre Mason
This is a strange case. According to the eye test, the St. Louis Rams have reloaded their roster with plenty of young talent on offense, defense and special teams since Les Snead took over in 2012. Yet for whatever reason the results aren’t showing up in the win column. Jeff Fisher and his staff are working hard but still haven’t produced a winning season. Now, part of this is playing in a murderous NFC West division and part is constant issues at quarterback. Snead made a bold move this offseason to acquire Nick Foles. It could prove to set which direction the young GM goes on this list.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
YEah, I think it's a fair assessment, you can't really place him much higher until some wins start coming in. The team is always middle of the pack in terms of play and wins, so it gets him the middle of pack ranking.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
YEah, I think it's a fair assessment, you can't really place him much higher until some wins start coming in. The team is always middle of the pack in terms of play and wins, so it gets him the middle of pack ranking.

It's not his job to get wins. It's his job to win trades, succeed in free agency, and dominate the draft. Which he has mostly. Free agency has had it's share of busts. But no way does he deserve #23. Wins are on the coaching staff and players. Snead has done an amazing job. Just my opinion.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Maybe. There's been some poor decisions (Pead, Austin) there's been some great decisions (Donald, pretty much every 3rd round pick).

But really it will come down to 2015, win and he'll be top 10. Lose and it won't matter.

Big Willie

Starter
It appears these GM rankings are solely based on the performance of the team, so his ranking makes sense (and may be a bit high). However, if you ranked him by the quality of the trades he has pulled off, the increase in number of pro bowlers since he arrived, roster turnover (percent of players before and after he arrived) , the upside potential of his team based on age of team, and similar measurables, my guess he would be in the top half of the league.

Big Willie

Starter
Maybe. There's been some poor decisions (Pead, Austin) there's been some great decisions (Donald, pretty much every 3rd round pick).

But really it will come down to 2015, win and he'll be top 10. Lose and it won't matter.
love the avatar...who are they?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I think we saw this before - and it is bullsh#$

Gregson at #13 is proof - he is the worst of all GM's - this again just proves nobody in the national media cares about our team

Snead has taken a team with ZERO talent and also made the best trade in Ram history and stockpiled talent at all positions - young and unproven talent, but talent nonetheless -- it's insane the amount of work he and Fisher have done in jsut 3 years - and all the finds in UDFA is the best by far of anyone I have ever seen

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It's not his job to get wins. It's his job to win trades, succeed in free agency, and dominate the draft. Which he has mostly. Free agency has had it's share of busts. But no way does he deserve #23. Wins are on the coaching staff and players. Snead has done an amazing job. Just my opinion.
Wins are his responsibility, how aren't they the GMs responsibility? He's not bringing players in, winning trades, dominating the draft and succeeding in free agency for the sport of it. He does all that so he can build a successful team that can compete for the Super Bowl, there is no other reason for all of that besides winning.

It's his job to put together the pieces to make sure that the team has it's best shot of winning as it can. Without wins all of that really means nothing.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It's his job to put together the pieces to make sure that the team has it's best shot of winning as it can. Without wins all of that really means nothing.

This is it all right here. You just kinda fought both battles. It's his job to put the best roster on the field. Yes, and he has. Then it's the coaching staffs job to teach those players and get the best from them and on the players to learn and want to succeed. There's a reason it's called a team. Once the roster is put together, it's kind of out of Sneeds hands. Unless he's out their coaching them as well, he's done his part of the process. Putting the team together.

Ps. I'm not taking a shot at you or your opinion. Just sharing my own. Don't wanna come off as insulting.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wins are important - in the long run. Snead took over a team with arguably the worst talent base in NFL history - the percentage of players no other team was interested in going forward was staggering, AND there were major cap issues. He has rebuilt the team substantially in 3 years - it's not complete, but the roster has been churned and upgraded to the point where average health would probably mean a playoff spot - at least contending for one in a tough division.

He's made mistakes - enough that I wouldn't put him in the top few GMs - but I do think that saying he's 23rd best GM is either ignoring the Rams' starting point, or ignoring issues with GMs rated ahead of him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This is it all right here. You just kinda fought both battles. It's his job to put the best roster on the field. Yes, and he has. Then it's the coaching staffs job to teach those players and get the best from them and on the players to learn and want to succeed. There's a reason it's called a team. Once the roster is put together, it's kind of out of Sneeds hands. Unless he's out their coaching them as well, he's done his part of the process. Putting the team together.

Ps. I'm not taking a shot at you or your opinion. Just sharing my own. Don't wanna come off as insulting.
I don't think you're coming off as insulting, just defending your own position.

I still think that it comes down to wins, and even in all of his putting together there's still very big deficiencies and holes and he's made his own share of mistakes that contributed to them like the signing of Wells and Long, bad or unsatisfactory picks like Pead and such.

He's definitely built a talented team, but it remains to be seen if he's built a winner and fixed the holes he helped create. Until then 23 is pretty fair imo.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is a strange case. According to the eye test, the St. Louis Rams have reloaded their roster with plenty of young talent on offense, defense and special teams since Les Snead took over in 2012. Yet for whatever reason the results aren’t showing up in the win column.

As soon as I read that line I knew the guy who wrote this is paying very little attention to his craft.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yeah - murderous division and "issues" at QB.
How about the f'n dumpster fire he inherited.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Difficult to win with your starting QB on the sidelines. Could we have had a better backup plan? Maybe. But Warner's and Rogers don't grow on trees.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As soon as I read that line I knew the guy who wrote this is paying very little attention to his craft.
No kidding. Or at least paying very little attention to this team.

…..

Legend
I find this odd. My knowledge of Les is going back to the Falcons trade that landed Julio Jones. It was Les's team that played the Packers in the NFC Championship.

I think he has great rapport with people, and because of that I'm sure he's well regarded amongst his peers and always in the "know" in NFL circles.

Both the teams he has managed had been talent deficient when he got there and talent rich (in areas) after he's had time to make an impact. You cannot....simply CANNOT judge a GM that is tenured less than 5-6 years imo....unless they are Matt Millen awful.

Despite that, and I may be in the minority but I think Les is a top 10, if not top 5 GM jmo

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I think he's top 10 as well - and agree/disagree with whoever thinks he shouldn't/should be judged by the teams record,
ESPECIALLY after 3 years. Are you kidding me?:wtf:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Snead should be a lot, LOT Higher! PERIOD!!!:jerkoff:
I'd like to see this whole List!:seizure: