Random stat of the day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
In 2000, the Rams had 5492 total yards passing between Trent Green and Kurt Warner. The most in one season in NFL history. So if Warner would have started the whole season he would have the NFL record for passing yards in a season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, that presumes Warner makes the same decisions that Green made, but yeah, it should have been about that.

Pretty powerful stat.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, that presumes Warner makes the same decisions that Green made, but yeah, it should have been about that.

Pretty powerful stat.
Imagine that offense in today's game. 40 ppg would be nothing.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Especially with Martz creating plays on the fly to adjust...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I bet if we had that team now the NFL wouldn't be adjusting the rules. I think they saw how exciting the GSOT was, and wants to recreate it. Since they can't count on a team to get the same magical combination of players, they're adjusting the rules to give offenses the same ability without the talent. If they were around with the same rules as today they're probably pushing 60 a few times.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I bet if we had that team now the NFL wouldn't be adjusting the rules. I think they saw how exciting the GSOT was, and wants to recreate it. Since they can't count on a team to get the same magical combination of players, they're adjusting the rules to give offenses the same ability without the talent. If they were around with the same rules as today they're probably pushing 60 a few times.

Today the rules are better enforced. Had they been in the 01 Super Bowl, the Rams win in a blowout. That offense would rule any era if DPI is enforced according to the rules.