Rams will hear from NFL about sportsmanship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hopefully Fish shows video clips of the carolina game to these "officials" and asks for an explanation of not only why the blatant taunting by various panthers wasn't flagged in any way,,, but also asks how the NFL can justify the continued employment by the officials who clearly failed miserably at their job.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hopefully Fish shows video clips of the carolina game to these "officials" and asks for an explanation of not only why the blatant taunting by various panthers wasn't flagged in any way,,, but also asks how the NFL can justify the continued employment by the officials who clearly failed miserably at their job.

Selassie I because the league loves Cam Newton.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Who was reffing the game when Langford got ejected for hitting the line judge.. That was both the funniest and stupidest call I've seen for a while.
He proper nailed him with his hand! Haha, total accident but proper funny none the less

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who was reffing the game when Langford got ejected for hitting the line judge.. That was both the funniest and stupidest call I've seen for a while.
He proper nailed him with his hand! Haha, total accident but proper funny none the less

Ya that was a joke,

bluecoconuts

Legend
I love it. freak hazing, never understood the point of it.

There really isn't one. It was big in the military among some guys/units. My platoon sergeant was good enough to know the limit and made sure we all did as well. When I was a squad leader I made sure the same thing. Some guys went way too far, I heard some horror stories, and saw a few that I stopped. I popped a guy two ranks higher than me when he was very clearly over the line, when he turned to me, I told him off, called him a few things (mostly pog and a leg because he was part of a different unit) and told him I dared him to do something or tell someone. He looked me up and down said I was right and walked away.

Some guys just don't get it, some need a smack to remember the line. I'm not worried about this team at all, strong room and great guys won't let anything happen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
One of the reason that I love this regime...they get it, and we seem to be leaders in these areas.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There really isn't one. It was big in the military among some guys/units. My platoon sergeant was good enough to know the limit and made sure we all did as well. When I was a squad leader I made sure the same thing. Some guys went way too far, I heard some horror stories, and saw a few that I stopped. I popped a guy two ranks higher than me when he was very clearly over the line, when he turned to me, I told him off, called him a few things (mostly pog and a leg because he was part of a different unit) and told him I dared him to do something or tell someone. He looked me up and down said I was right and walked away.

Some guys just don't get it, some need a smack to remember the line. I'm not worried about this team at all, strong room and great guys won't let anything happen.

"New Army" is too soft, I want the "Old Army" back. Way too sensitive for what soldiers are suppose to be. But the rules change when you're out in the middle of nowhere.

bluecoconuts

Legend
"New Army" is too soft, I want the "Old Army" back. Way too sensitive for what soldiers are suppose to be. But the rules change when you're out in the middle of nowhere.

I was in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, that's just about the "hardest" unit you could be in, but there's a line between toughening up guys and just beating on them for no reason or as was the case in some other units, raping guys or almost killing them. We got our asses kicked plenty, but if it gets to the point someone is combat ineffective, and we had to be able to be boots on the ground anywhere in the world within 48 hours, then you have long crossed the line.

There's a reason why the Army switched from how it used to run to how it is now. Sure pog units are usually pretty useless on the battlefield, but that's not their job and that's how it's always been. The infantry is still plenty tough, but in a smart way. The old ways led to more poorly trained and poorly disciplined soldiers, the combat units today are usually faster, stronger, smarter, and thus far more lethal. Especially when you start moving up the food chain. I got my fair share of wall to wall counseling, as did others, don't worry. The Army of the past was a bunch of beaten down sheep led by a few leaders, the Army of today wants everyone to be a leader, and that is one of the things that separates the small units from each other when it's just rifleman against rifleman.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Oh I wasn't implying it would happen on this team. I was just saying, I don't understand the point of hazing in general. Yeah let's belittle our and humiliate our teammates/brothers/sisters/fellow military/whatever for our amusement.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I was in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, that's just about the "hardest" unit you could be in, but there's a line between toughening up guys and just beating on them for no reason or as was the case in some other units, raping guys or almost killing them. We got our asses kicked plenty, but if it gets to the point someone is combat ineffective, and we had to be able to be boots on the ground anywhere in the world within 48 hours, then you have long crossed the line.

There's a reason why the Army switched from how it used to run to how it is now. Sure pog units are usually pretty useless on the battlefield, but that's not their job and that's how it's always been. The infantry is still plenty tough, but in a smart way. The old ways led to more poorly trained and poorly disciplined soldiers, the combat units today are usually faster, stronger, smarter, and thus far more lethal. Especially when you start moving up the food chain. I got my fair share of wall to wall counseling, as did others, don't worry. The Army of the past was a bunch of beaten down sheep led by a few leaders, the Army of today wants everyone to be a leader, and that is one of the things that separates the small units from each other when it's just rifleman against rifleman.

That's the best opinion I've heard on the matter. Being we haven't formally declared war on any country since WWII, it's my belief we've been able to get away from a lot. Then again, American people have changed a lot since the Greatest Generation lead the charge into France. The new ways don't suit me, but I very well may be in the minority. It may fit the majority better and that's what is ultimately important. The military operates vastly different in war and peace. It's the difference between getting ready for battle and inspection/training.

That's BA you served in the Rangers, much respect.