Rams Will Draft a QB Early....Balzer Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
V3 making assumptions:
That's only true to an extent. If all it took was practice, every QB in the NFL would be accurate. They aren't.
That's assuming that he practiced enough and and in the right way. Very few meet that requirement and the ones that do practice enough usually excel at what they do.

Did you know that one of, if not the most accurate passers in the history of the NFL (Sammy Baugh), used to throw thousands of footballs every day through a swinging tire. Larry Bird, one of the most accurate free throw shooters in the history of the NBA used to practice his free throws for hours every day. I believe it does only take practice to become accurate. However, the QB position (as with many other sports activities) requires so much more than accuracy to be a successful. As I already mentioned, it also requires, among other things, enough arm strength to make the required throws without screwing up your mechanics. That's why so many QBs struggle with their long throws.

IMO of course.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I think there is a better chance of not drafting one at all, than using a 4th or better.

5th absolutely soonest and even there I question the purpose.

i think most of us agree we have 3 major holes to fill in the draft ol cb s. if we stay at 2 we likely take watkins or clowny.if we stay at 13 we likely take dennard or gilbert this fills 1 hole. but if we trade 2 for 4 5 or 6 we likely get robinson or mathews. then if we trade 13 for something in the 20s then we likely take best cb or s this fills 2 holes.hopefuly we get 2 extra 2nd round picks giving us 3 2nd rounders with only 1 major hole to fill.so i could see us taking a qb with 1 of the 2nd round picks

PhxRam

i think most of us agree we have 3 major holes to fill in the draft ol cb s. if we stay at 2 we likely take watkins or clowny.if we stay at 13 we likely take dennard or gilbert this fills 1 hole. but if we trade 2 for 4 5 or 6 we likely get robinson or mathews. then if we trade 13 for something in the 20s then we likely take best cb or s this fills 2 holes.hopefuly we get 2 extra 2nd round picks giving us 3 2nd rounders with only 1 major hole to fill.so i could see us taking a qb with 1 of the 2nd round picks

To quote Gil Brandt

"you NEVER draft for need"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I just don't see why?

I mean; Sam's the starter. If injured; Shawn Hill

If the Rams decide to part ways with Sam, is the scraps of a weak QB class a good succession plan?

Besides; if we get an extra second rounder - that's a starter pick, not a backup.

JMO

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
To quote Gil Brandt

"you NEVER draft for need"

i agree but if you can trade down so value meets need its not a bad way to go. not saying that staying and getting best available is bad just looking at differnt scenerios.

PhxRam

i agree but if you can trade down so value meets need its not a bad way to go. not saying that staying and getting best available is bad just looking at differnt scenerios.

I hear ya.. I guess I dont like trading down all the time. I understand the concept of it and the reasoning behind it, but i dont want to do it all the time.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I just don't see why?

I mean; Sam's the starter. If injured; Shawn Hill

If the Rams decide to part ways with Sam, is the scraps of a weak QB class a good succession plan?

Besides; if we get an extra second rounder - that's a starter pick, not a backup.

JMO

if we have the 3 major holes filled the rest of the picks will not be for sure starters they will be for competion or depth. i don't think a 2nd round qb is a scrap a 5th or 6th is probably a scrap. pluss who's to say a 2nd round qb can't beat out hill for 2nd string.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I hear ya.. I guess I dont like trading down all the time. I understand the concept of it and the reasoning behind it, but i dont want to do it all the time.

i agree but this year we have 3 major holes to fill. hopefuly next year we don't have any holes i and we start trading up to get elite players. in fact i wouldn't mind trading 4 5 6 7 for a 3rd this year