Rams Trivia - Army v Navy Day Edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

This Heisman winner was also a Probowl rookie RB for the Rams after spending 3 years in the Army.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I will try to keep up on these. It may not be daily and I will also probably be posting some trivia from the NFL as a whole. Good luck and have fun.

Note: These questions will change almost daily. I will unsticky them as soon as I post the answer.

OK so here is the deal. Years ago I found an LA Rams Trivia Game in a Goodwill. I pretty much bought it as a piece of memorabilia. Now with the Rams moving back, I thought it might make for a fun game for some of us old timers. Odd thing is that about 70% of the questions have nothing to do with the Rams.

So here is what I will do. I will post the questions that are Rams related and let you guys answer. I will then post the answers the next day. These are not easy questions as far as I can tell but maybe the memory function of my brain has been compromised.
.View attachment 11961
There is only basically one rule. No search engines or internet sites to look up answers that you will post later. I realize some will still look up the answers. I know I would if I didn't have the cards. But I want to see how many out there actually know the answers. So if you do feel like looking them up on the internet, just don't post the answers. Comment all you want.

Now - keep in mind. I said the internet is off limits. But if you have books, magazines, football cards, etc... feel free to use them. That may seem hypocritical but it's about time some of us got some use out of all that stuff we've bought over the years.

Cheers.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This was a tough one to guess at!! I hope I'm right! I used a process-of-elimination to make my guess!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Vague recollection wins for me again.

Now...go Navy!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That was a tough question and so glad Army defeated Navy for the first time in 14 years!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a tough question and so glad Army defeated Navy for the first time in 14 years!
My dad was Navy so I tend to cheer for them. But I have to admit - I wasn't too upset seeing Army finally win one. Too bad it took Navy lacking two of their best players to see it happen.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Too bad it took Navy lacking two of their best players to see it happen.
Anchors Aweigh, my boys, Anchors Aweigh.
Farewell to college joys, we sail at break of day-ay-ay-ay.
Through our last night on shore, drink to the foam,
Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damnit!!!!!!!!!!! So close.....1-2 now. Have I ever mentioned I hate these :(

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lotta squids here I see:sneaky:

Go Army!!
I've got no Dog in this Fight. My Father and Four uncle served in the Army, Another in the Marine Corps, So was I, So him and I tend to root for our "Cab Service" the USN!
( Side note, My father (Mr. Army) always called me a " Sea-going-Bell-Hop!")

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well, I hope my guess is right. One name sounded familiar so I went with it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll answer and post another one tomorrow. I've been out most of yesterday and again today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - So the answer was Glenn Davis. Glenn won the Heisman trophy in 1946 after a stellar college career which included being named All-American in each of his years at West Point. He was the Heisman runner up the two seasons prior to winning the award. While still in the Army, Glenn tore a ligament in his knee while making a movie about his college career. Despite his injury, and the three years away from football, he joined the Rams in 1950 and was named to the Probowl after his rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.