Rams training camp starting lineup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The right side of the online still worries me - especially without a tight end who can block, but that looks like a decent team to me.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Isn't Higbee going to be suspended in the regular season for a few games ?
Besides that, yes, good 1st team line up. More double tight end I would suspect.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Forgotten man Cory Harkey is a TE & he can put a serious hit on any defensive player he can get his body into.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Isn't Higbee going to be suspended in the regular season for a few games ?
Besides that, yes, good 1st team line up. More double tight end I would suspect.
Nope -That shit happened in College.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again Gentlemen I will be shocked if this is the opening lineup on the first play from scrimmage I expect to see FB Sam Rogers or an extra TE and not three WR's and again JMHO.

jv_berner

UDFA
Name
Jv_Berner
It looks like AD and Quinn are going to be playing on the same side from this starting line up. I think this is genius to get Quinn back to his old form. I always thought Easly would anchor the same side as Quinn to have balance but it looks like Wade wants the Left side to dominate QBs

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing surprised me about the lineup. But I found it interesting that Higbee is currently slated as the starter at TE but that'll be a position that rotates frequently if not double TE a lot. And seeing Cooper under the key contributors was interesting since a lot of fans have seemingly written him off with the influx of talent the Rams brought in this offseason. Thomas suspension certainly helps though.

It looks like AD and Quinn are going to be playing on the same side from this starting line up. I think this is genius to get Quinn back to his old form. I always thought Easly would anchor the same side as Quinn to have balance but it looks like Wade wants the Left side to dominate QBs

Good catch, wasn't even paying attention to that. My god, AD and Quinn are going to be such a terror of epic proportions it makes me down right giddy. I'm praying to the football gods that Quinn plays 16 games this season. It's going to be fun as hell to watch.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams D should see a rise in interceptions. Webster at CB, Roby-Coleman in the slot, and Mo and Joyner at S should give the rams backfield some much needed ball-hawking. Especially Joyner.

Rams backfield last year was even worse than the WR's at catching the ball. I don't know how many times I saw a clear int bounce of a db's chest or go right through their hands.

Those missed int's really cost the Rams some games last season. The front line D looks scary good. They are going to put a lot of pressure on QB;s and that mean more int's.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The right side of the online still worries me - especially without a tight end who can block, but that looks like a decent team to me.

If you want to go & look at the Senior Bowl Everett is a willing blocker. Has really good form. The NFL is different, but I think he will surprise some people.
Jamon Brown came into the league as a LT prospect. He was a 3rd pick who is coming into his 3rd year.I'm sure coach went back and watched his college film ? If not he just got sick of Greg Robinson. Then he saw something special in Brown. The Rams don't trade Greg Robinson is they were not happy with Jamon Brown. They also know if Jamon Brown gets hurt they have Big Rob who can play RT.
Big Rob Hav reminds me of when the 9ers moved Aaron Boone to LG. I think he is going to help maintain a nice pocket for Jared Goff.
As Krimer has said about Jamon Brown .He does an excellent job on a defender once he gets his hands on them.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If you want to go & look at the Senior Bowl Everett is a willing blocker. Has really good form. The NFL is different, but I think he will surprise some people.
Jamon Brown came into the league as a LT prospect. He was a 3rd pick who is coming into his 3rd year.I'm sure coach went back and watched his college film ? If not he just got sick of Greg Robinson. Then he saw something special in Brown. The Rams don't trade Greg Robinson is they were not happy with Jamon Brown. They also know if Jamon Brown gets hurt they have Big Rob who can play RT.
Big Rob Hav reminds me of when the 9ers moved Aaron Boone to LG. I think he is going to help maintain a nice pocket for Jared Goff.
As Krimer has said about Jamon Brown .He does an excellent job on a defender once he gets his hands on them.

I love optimism and I, too, hope for the best.

On Everett, willingness is half the battle but we can't expect a rookie to be a plus blocker at tight end - the guys he will be asked to block are tough assignments. But let's hope he does ultimately become the complete package at the position.

On Brown, his own college coach projected him to be a guard at the pro level. The new staff has never been able to coach him in pads - so let's not pretend they know what they have. I hope he is successful out in space but it's a concern.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, more or less what everybody expected.

I will say this, though.

Tavon might soon be looking over his shoulder to retain that starting position. One of Reynolds, Thomas (yeah, Thomas), or Spruce will be pressing him hard. Maybe all three.

Higbee and Everett will both see a ton of snaps. By midseason, who knows which will be the "starter", technically?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Again Gentlemen I will be shocked if this is the opening lineup on the first play from scrimmage I expect to see FB Sam Rogers or an extra TE and not three WR's and again JMHO.
This ^! And I think Spruce beats out Cooper!(y) Of course that could be wishful thinking on my part!:D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Cut-Bait Slow Cory Harkey(Fisher favorite).Top 3 Gerald Everett -Tyler Higbee-Temarrick Hemingway

I would not think this tomas. I sure have a differing opinion than you on this subject ....TE's must be able to block....None of the three you mentioned are close to NFL grade level in this area. Tyler Higbee's attempts @ blocking were awful & plain pathetic. Rookie Everett might be a bit better but his size 6-3 245 pounds will limit his ability & he was not brought in here to block for Gurley anyway most all his skills fall on the side of being a pass catching threat. Hemingway is far more WR than TE. He has never shown he can block other than on the basketball court.

If Fisher was enamored with Cory why was he wrote out of the offense last season? He only started 1 game & that was due to injuries to both Lance & Tyler. Cory was never seen in the offense as Fisher & his OC went on in for 3 WR sets & preferred the 2 other TE's. CH played only in 12 games on ST's. Gurley's run yardage went down without Cory in there making the run blocks.

If Cory is Cut Bait as you insisted then the 2016 Carl Ekern Spirit of the Game Award winner for player that exemplifies sportsmanship, ethnic, and commitment to teammates is totally meaningless:palm:.

Last edited: