Rams to launch “wide-ranging” search on Friday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Rams to launch “wide-ranging” search on Friday
Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2016, 8:34 PM EST
126565552-e1481851969517.jpg
Getty Images
The Rams have had a busy week, far too busy to commence the process of looking for a new head coach. After Thursday night’s game against the Seahawks, however, the effort to find a replacement for Jeff Fisher will begin.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams will embark on a “wide-ranging” coaching search on Friday. The team will lean toward a coach with an offensive background, but the Rams haven’t ruled out the possibility of hiring a defensive coach.

Those parameters necessarily will land Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels (who served as the offensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams in 2011) and Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan on the list of potential candidates.

Getting the job surely will entail proposing a compelling plan for using quarterback Jared Goff, running back Todd Gurley, and receiver Tavon Austin — and for augmenting their talents with other players who will assist in maximizing the ability of the Rams to rekindle the Greatest Show on Turf.

Many other factors will influence the final decision, including compensation for the coach and the amount of power he will have. The anticipated roles of G.M. Les Snead and COO Kevin Demoff likely will influence whether the coach the Rams target will accept the job.

Ultimately, that will be the most important factor when it comes to selling the hire to a potentially fickle L.A. fan base: Creating the impression that the Rams hired their first choice for the job. Whoever it will be, the effort to find him starts essentially when Thursday night’s game at Seattle ends.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/15/rams-to-launch-wide-ranging-search-on-friday/

Share this:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder why Tony Dungy's name is never floated out there.
Has he said he has no desire to return?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
It was a few years ago....who knows?

Would we have to stop cussing if he became the coach? lol
If it's Dungy no way Williams stays as DC. They don't speak the same language.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol.

"Potentially?"
I don't buy all this "has to be big splash name because it's LA BS"
Like the process should be different because it's Los freakin Angeles.You?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I wouldn't mind McDaniels. His offense works with a 3rd string QB. We've had alot of those lately!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I didn't believe this either, but then we traded up and got Goff. So perhaps there is something to this "make a splash" rhetoric going around.

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't believe this either, but then we traded up and got Goff. So perhaps there is something to this "make a splash" rhetoric going around.
The hell with a splash,hire a coach that will win us some games.
why limit the options

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It shouldn't be, but it will be.

Too many primadonna fans and primadonna celebrities who demand preferential treatment because of the perceived prestige of the city. Already got asshats like Rob Lowe, Eric Dickerson, Snoop Dogg, and others claiming they know what's best for L.A.

I would stomp so much ass if I lived in that city. lol.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I would like to see "a compelling plan" which builds a quailty offensive line.

Jim Brown and Dan Marino in their prime would look ordinary behind a OL that puts on the pitiful displays that have become customary for the Rams.