Rams starters that are guaranteed to lose their jobs by season's end

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Very much disagree on Brown. He's been a part of an offensive line that's bulldozed the way for Gurley.

Also question Higbee; in my opinion, both Higbee and Everett can start.

Do agree on Tavon and Barwin. I'd also like to add another to the list: Robert Quinn replaced by Ebukam.
Thursday game was probably his best so far.
He was still beaten a couple of times in the pass game, but, Goff got rid of the ball.
The right side is playing well enough (obviously) for the offense to succeed.
But, time will tell with both Brown and Havenstein.
Higbee and Everett are determined by formation more than either I think. Both can play, although Everett clearly has better hands. Higbee drops catchable balls.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Tavon and Quinn are as good as gone.

While being paid like top players at their positons.......one will never become a top player at his position.......while the other is no longer anywhere near a top player at his position.

The less expensive youngsters I expect to see stick around until the class members of Snead/McVays next draft class assert themselves.
There will definitely be a serious reassessment of these huge contracts come off-season, that is for sure, including the two you mentioned.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Can you tell me what Wade's adjustment's were to seal the edge beside inserting Longacre in for Quinn & Cory Littleton in for Barron?
I think you nailed the benching part. Starters came back in and set the edges. Problem was Barron and Ogle were second guessing between the tackles, not covering their interior gaps and getting blocked by the oline.

Personally Ogle has not shown me the IQ needed for a MLB. Barron is better in space. Until they play with smarts instead of on instincts, I agree with everyone who has said they're a better fit in a 4-3 as OLBs

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To be straight with you Jake. The title made me not want to read the article. I glanced through it, but anyone "guaranteeing" some of our Rams are going to "lose their jobs" just comes off as someone putting up a negative thread.

My suggestion would be to try and come up with interesting twists on where the Rams can improve or how it's time for someone to step up with player X nipping at his heels. Something that doesn't sound like you're saying "these guys suck and need to go" - especially after three games with a complete coaching change.

I like a lot of your articles and after going back and reading it, the article itself isn't all that bad. I just would have never read it if I was scrolling through stories.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Higbee's drop near the goal line could have been one of the plays that ultimately left points on the board and resulted in a loss. Luckily for him, the Rams came out of the game dodging disaster.
49er defender knocked the ball out of Higbee's hand.McVay likes Higbee, nuff said.