Rams Senior Bowl Interviews

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Interesting...looks like they may be interested in WR in the 2nd-3rd round area...LB in the 3rd-4th (though we don't have a 4th)...and lineman on the middle rounds as well.

Thanks for posting.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Good lord if were gonna draft another WR lets go big and draft one at 10 where there will be some legit #1 WRs. Were pretty much set there I would think assuming they resign Britt.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Good lord if were gonna draft another WR lets go big and draft one at 10 where there will be some legit #1 WRs. Were pretty much set there I would think assuming they resign Britt.
I think our corps is a lot better than it has been...not convinced were set though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think our corps is a lot better than it has been...not convinced were set though.

Assuming we sign Britt if we draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round I guess that means there done with Givens. You know if they draft one that high there not gonna cut him and givens is on the bottom of the depth chart so hes as good as gone if they cant trade him.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Zack Hodges sounds like a pretty good potential upgrade on Dunbar.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Assuming we sign Britt if we draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round I guess that means there done with Givens. You know if they draft one that high there not gonna cut him and givens is on the bottom of the depth chart so hes as good as gone if they cant trade him.
They might...but I know they also only carried 5 WRs most of last year...very common for teams to carry 6 so I don't know that means Givens would be cut.

I do know that Givens CAN be replaced from what we've seen. I don't think there is anyone on the WR corps that couldn't be replaced given the right opportunity (though I know that isn't a realistic scenario, nor would I suggest to do that).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They might...but I know they also only carried 5 WRs most of last year...very common for teams to carry 6 so I don't know that means Givens would be cut.

I do know that Givens CAN be replaced from what we've seen. I don't think there is anyone on the WR corps that couldn't be replaced given the right opportunity (though I know that isn't a realistic scenario, nor would I suggest to do that).
I don't want to think this way but it is possible that BQ won't be healthy yet when the season starts. I really hope he is but...

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

I agree they could keep 6 but that doesnt seem to be this coaching staffs MO. and I also agree that anyone of them is replaceable and upgradable but I think our high picks would be better served shoring up the Oline so we can keep our QB upright long enough for our WRs we have already to get open.

Ramathon

I don't want to think this way but it is possible that BQ won't be healthy yet when the season starts. I really hope he is but...

I had that same ugly thought a couple weeks ago when I heard, I forget who, discussing his injury. Whoever it was almost made it sound like his shoulder was a bigger question mark than Bradford's knee. IF that were the case, it would be a crying shame.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't know why they aren't talking to Coats, and that tackle from Penn State....and Laken Thomlinson?:whistle::unsure::cautious:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Don't know why they aren't talking to Coats, and that tackle from Penn State....and Laken Thomlinson?:whistle::unsure::cautious:

I bet they bring in Laken for pre draft. He is an interesting prospect, someone I've been talking about for a while. There is a lot of upside with him.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I bet they bring in Laken for pre draft. He is an interesting prospect, someone I've been talking about for a while. There is a lot of upside with him.

The Link below is a good article on Laken Thomlinson

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7976775.html

He definitely bears watching and with the Rams history of going for Senor Bowl players he could be in play.

This part in the article really got my attention:
Tomlinson’s battles this week (the Senior Bowl game itself will be Saturday) with massive Washington nose tackle Danny Shelton, who checks in 6-1 and 339 pounds, have been the stuff of legend. “There’s times where he and big Danny Shelton got together where it looked like a Transformers fight,” Davis said. “It was big-time stuff.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Noregar ...good link, I also found this interesting, esp. since guys in here think La'el Collins could play LT/RT for us...
The offensive tackle group
Perez: “I don’t think any one of them did anything to generate any kind of confidence. (T.J.) Clemmings has the physical makeup to be a top 10 guy. He was just extremely inconsistent, and I don’t think you can take a guy like that that high. Ty Sambrailo, his film shows a real physical, brawling player and just didn’t get it done. (La’El) Collins mauls people like a grizzly bear, but he couldn’t get his legs under him in Mobile.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7976775.html#storylink=cpy

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

As a PSU fan who watches all of their games. I will be very disappointed if the Rams choose Donovan Smith. I don't think he is going to be a very good pro. He was not a very good college player IMO.

Coats seems to be more athlete and less receiver and he drops balls........no thanks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As a PSU fan who watches all of their games. I will be very disappointed if the Rams choose Donovan Smith. I don't think he is going to be a very good pro. He was not a very good college player IMO.
Just curious as to your thoughts about the QB Hackenberg....
I thought Smith competed well during the few drills I saw during practices....and is worth a lower round pick....Coates looks like a stud to me, it will be interesting to see whos opinion of him will be more accurate....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hackenburg is probably the first pick in the draft when he comes out. He struggled this year with a terrible Oline. Both guards were converted third string DTs. He was under constant pressure and was sacked41 times. He does not go down easy though. He had mostly freshman receivers still learning the game and no running game to take the pressure off.

But when given a chance and receivers were in the right spots he made beautiful throws. He has a very strong arm. Bill OBrien said he is the smartest guy he ever coached. He is only a junior next year.

I hope Franklin can piece together a decent Oline next season. But, that is tough to do when there was an Oline recruiting void left by the previous staff. College Olinemen usually take time to develop.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hackenburg is probably the first pick in the draft when he comes out. He struggled this year with a terrible Oline. Both guards were converted third string DTs. He was under constant pressure and was sacked41 times. He does not go down easy though. He had mostly freshman receivers still learning the game and no running game to take the pressure off.

But when given a chance and receivers were in the right spots he made beautiful throws. He has a very strong arm. Bill OBrien said he is the smartest guy he ever coached. He is only a junior next year.

I hope Franklin can piece together a decent Oline next season. But, that is tough to do when there was an Oline recruiting void left by the previous staff. College Olinemen usually take time to develop.

Hackenberg is going to have to play a lot better to be that. The guy under Center this year wasn't a #1 pick. He wasn't even a first round pick.(although he probably would get drafted there due to the tools)

I think the system is a poor fit for him to begin with. Either ways, though, he's gotta step it up.