Rams Select Tyler Davis (NT/DT, Clemson) at #196 overall.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I know the OP says "NT / DT" - does Davis have any reps at NT to show?
I'm glad we picked him up either way, but with both the Conductor & Fiske at 3t (not an expert here), wouldn't we need this kid at NT on run downs? gotta have somebody w/ big lower body for run downs, not confident having Fiske play NT.
I see Bobby B taking a huge year three leap not least because he was 21 when entering the league and his athletic profile is off the charts. He played well last year but only touched his potential.

Fiske is going to line up next to Verse, bank it

Kobie will play NT on passing downs, right?

That leaves Davis and others with carving out a roll and the coaching staff to place them where they are best suited

The more I read the more I like Tyler Davis who looks like a potential steal (among others in this years draft)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I’d add CB and WR. But I’m hoping they extend EJIII and find a serviceable ILB this year.
Feels like there's some mixed signals on this, thought once it wasn't done prior to draft it wasn't getting done this year but then thought someone, Jourdan maybe mentioned they still might get it done in camp...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I see Bobby B taking a huge year three leap not least because he was 21 when entering the league and his athletic profile is off the charts. He played well last year but only touched his potential.

Last year was Brown's third-year. This will be the final year of his rookie contract.

Agree that he played well last year; and hope he continues to improve

I hope the Rams re-sign both Brown and Ernest Jones. However, not many of the Rams' draft choices get second contracts with the Team In fact, have the Rams under McVay and Snead re-signed ANY of the defensive players they drafted to second- contracts? Just One?

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Last year was Brown's third-year. This will be the final year of his rookie contract.

Agree that he played well last year; and hope he continues to improve

I hope the Rams re-sign both Brown and Ernest Jones. However, not many of the Rams' draft choices get second contracts with the Team In fact, have the Rams under McVay and Snead re-signed ANY of the defensive players they drafted to second- contracts? Just One?

I must admit I don't recall any - if so that is quite unbelievable except for the small matter of ADs contract(s)

I imagine we will spread the money around more going forward

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JPJ looks dominant. Latu is quick. And the OTs that were picked high look great.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hall looks pretty good in those reps. I hope we don't regret "settling" for him at 52 or using a much smaller trade up to get him at say 49 or 50.

Of course there maybe a personality issue or maturity issue that made them prefer the older Fiske.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Gotta find a 2 down hammer @ ILB... Just sick of being pushed back for easy short yardage. Our identity can't be push overs. And we are making great strides to fixing this. Should be easy to find a vet to plug in before training camp after a few cuts occur.
I feel like ILB is the weakest part of the team at this point.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Hall looks pretty good in those reps. I hope we don't regret "settling" for him at 52 or using a much smaller trade up to get him at say 49 or 50.

Of course there maybe a personality issue or maturity issue that made them prefer the older Fiske.
I noticed the same. We will see but there is something about Fiske’s personality that elevates him beyond his athletic profile including his chemistry with others

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gotta find a 2 down hammer @ ILB... Just sick of being pushed back for easy short yardage. Our identity can't be push overs. And we are making great strides to fixing this. Should be easy to find a vet to plug in before training camp after a few cuts occur.
It would seem so, but the Rams have been pretty successful stopping the run over the last few years without that two down run stuffing Linebacker. Unless there is a major scheme shift, what would prompt them to do anything differently?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It would seem so, but the Rams have been pretty successful stopping the run over the last few years without that two down run stuffing Linebacker. Unless there is a major scheme shift, what would prompt them to do anything differently?

Exactly - in theory The Rams that process has been plugging & building within the LBer position
a pressure poster might be sick of -lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Since this is a Tyler Davis thread I’ll say he has a good motor from his playing career at Clemson.He is locked in for 4 years,so Murchison is more the bubble guy.

There was a podcast I saw that blew my mind of how dumb some
can be about bubble players & lack of respect Ram Players get before proofing posters totally wrong.

There’s 2 Ram players that were drafted in 2021 draft that have to will be a big part of The Rams core.
One of course is who posters are finally not talking about.The other is The Biggest Ram who has disappointed,but is still only 23.
DT - is one of those spots(like OL) that is really a Man’s position,were your finding out what physical ability is all about.

Then of course The Leader of The Rams defense who The Rams will resign for sure.