Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I knew they would take him! I like it. Adding some weapons, and hopefully we hit on a couple.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love this pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope he can make some big strides in his route running in camp. Think he has a good chance to stick, which is great with that late a pick.

Real happy with Day 3 this year. Outstanding job by Snead and staff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Happy-Dance-Dance-Dancing-Moves-GIF.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll just copy mine and @jrry32's write-up from our respective mocks. lol.

jrry32: Round 4 Pick #15 - Mike Thomas WR Southern Miss

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hq-x4_5UA

Analysis: Yep, I have us drafting another WR. We've had success in the past doubling up on positions. Thomas is a very talented guy who's been overlooked despite steller production. He only has two years of college tape because he was a JUCO transfer. Thomas was snubbed by the Combine despite putting up 1391 yards, 14 TDs, and nearly 20 yards per catch this year. I tossed out Antonio Bryant as a comparison because they have similar games and body types. Like Bryant, Thomas is a guy who can get vertical and win jump-balls and pull down tough catches in traffic. He can also create yardage after the catch. He's ultra-competitive and has great instincts for timing his jumps and adjusting to the football in the air. However, like Antonio Bryant, Thomas is prone to bouts of inconsistency with his hands and route running. He suffers from concentration drops but makes the tough catches look routine. Unlike Bryant, Thomas does not have significant off the field problems (that I know of). Thomas is an intriguing player in the mid rounds because he's an explosive player with the ability to make extremely acrobatic catches and win 50-50 balls but he still is pretty raw and inconsistent. He needs to get a bit bigger and stronger in order to better get off of press coverage in the NFL. Still, he has a lot of upside.

NFL Comparison: Antonio Bryant

--------------------------------------

-X-: Round 3, #76 overall.
Michael Thomas, WR, Southern Miss

Thomas is a significantly underrated prospect, and a receiver who makes ridiculous adjustments to the football, ala Odell Beckham (see below). Thomas plays fast, is sudden in his change of direction, can cause gobs of separation as a route runner, and his acceleration off the line is eye-popping. He’s consistent at finding the open zone and he doesn't round off his routes like some prospects. He breaks hard. Probably the most acrobatic receiver in this draft, IMO, and can win contested balls with high-pointing and one-handed grabs. Not a willing (or good) blocker, struggles tracking low throws, and has had some issues with drops, but you don't pass on a receiver with this kind of athleticism if you're trying to bring some pop to your offense. Will take a little while to get assimilated into the offense with Jeff Fisher's hesitancy to give rookies any significant playing time early on, but he'll do enough in camp and with his limited opportunities to quickly gain a bigger role in the offense.

View: https://youtu.be/bkCHj_PKn2I

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Hope he can make some big strides in his route running in camp. Think he has a good chance to stick, which is great with that late a pick.

Real happy with Day 3 this year. Outstanding job by Snead and staff.

I think the new offensive coaches can develop WRs pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised if Cooper, Austin, Thomas are our top 3 receivers by the halfway mark.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
He's honestly the only guy I wanted in day 3 and I would have taken him in the 4th. Steal of the draft

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Stacked with young talent on Offense now. We will definitely move the chains and keep drives going. I'm excited for the future!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...i-deep-threat-wide-receiver-mike-thomas-visit

NFL Draft 2016: Deep threat wide receiver Mike Thomas will visit the Eagles
By Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton on Mar 25, 2016, 2:38p 68

usa-today-8975232.0.jpg

Joshua Lindsey-USA TODAY Sports
Get the latest Philadelphia Eagles news with Bleeding Green Nation
Follow Bleeding Green Nation on Twitter
Like Bleeding Green Nation Facebook
For more information on which draft prospects are visiting with the Eagles, [check out our 2016 NFL Draft Prospect Visits Tracker].

Tweet
Share (568)
Pin

The Eagles are set to host Southern Mississippi wide receiver Mike Thomas (not to be confused with Ohio State receiver prospect Michael Thomas) on a pre-draft visit, according to a report from Jason Munz. Thomas is one of 30 NFL draft prospects scheduled to meet with the Birds in Philadelphia.

The Eagles are looking for a deep threat and Thomas fits that description. The 21-year-old Thomas had the highest yards per reception (19.6) of any FBS receiver in 2015 (min. 65 catches). He clocked in with a 4.4 40-yard dash at his pro day.

Thomas measures in at 6-1, 200 pounds. He posted huge numbers during his senior season: 71 receptions for 1391 yards and 14 touchdowns. One of those touchdowns was scored on this crazy one-handed catch:

CBS Sports projects Thomas to be a sixth round pick. The Birds lack a real deep threat and that's something Thomas can offer.

Read more about Thomas in this scouting profile from Pride of Detroit.

Thomas' ability to track the deep ball is sensational. Tracking the ball, adjusting to it in mid-air and maintaining the focus and concentration to haul it in is nowhere near as easy as it looks. This is the type of catch that I'd consistently see from DeVante Parker last year, who had some of the best body control I've ever seen from a WR. Thomas has a long way to go before he reaches Parker status, but these are the types of plays that get me excited about what he could develop into down the road.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Now im ready to see what undrafted guys we go after haha. Hoping some guys dont get drafted now so we can steal em as UDFAs :D

Athos

Legend
Finally some intelligence from The Rams.

Young QB... So you finally draft him some fucking help the year you take him.

Wish this had been done years ago.

I see routes and hands out of these picks.

Good way to max out Goffs skill set.