Rams running back Tre Mason full go in practice, says he's ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I hope this hasn't already been posted.
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...-tre-mason-full-go-in-practice-says-hes-ready
Rams running back Tre Mason full go in practice, says he's ready
EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams stable of running backs continued to move closer to full strength Wednesday when running back Tre Mason was a full participant in practice.

Mason, who aggravated a hamstring injury in the third preseason game against Indianapolis and has been out since, said afterward that he expects to be ready to play this week against the Washington Redskins.

"(It was) kind of just bad luck kind of thing," Mason said. "It doesn't really happen much but soft tissue injuries, they just kind of nag a little bit but I'm a pretty quick healer. I try to stay on top of things but I'm ready to go."

Mason worked out for the coaching staff and trainers before last week's game but wasn't quite ready to go. From the looks of his Wednesday practice, that won't be necessary this time out.

"I was close," Mason said. "I wasn't 100 percent. I'm not going to lie. I was pretty close. I feel like it was a smart decision to sit that week out so I didn't miss more time. So it was a very good decision."

Given a few extra days of rest, Mason doesn't expect to have any issues returning this week against the Redskins. He's viewing preparation this week like a race car getting ready for the Daytona 500.

"Just trying to take care of my body, staying in the cold tub," Mason said. "I keep my body like a Lamborghini, if I'm at a race, you have to go to the race and as soon as the race is over, you have to go right into the pit stop. I'm tuning up right now, tuning up the engine, a little oil change, new tires, put a little nitrous in there."

Mason wasn't the only Rams running back listed as a full participant in practice. Rookie Todd Gurley (knee) also had that designation and will continue to get reps through the week before a decision is made on his status. It still seems likely that he's probably not going to debut in Washington but coach Jeff Fisher still isn't ruling him out.

“I'll have an injury report for you guys on Friday like we normally do," Fisher said. "Then we'll just wait and see, yeah.”

Cornerback Trumaine Johnson also did some work in practice on a limited basis. He has one more test to clear to be able to play Sunday but Fisher indicated that Johnson practicing was a good sign for his availability this week.

Here's the full injury report from Wednesday:

Did not participate -- RB Chase Reynolds (knee), DE Eugene Sims (knee)

Limited -- CB Trumaine Johnson (concussion)

Full -- LB Daren Bates (knee), RB Tre Mason (hamstring), RB Todd Gurley (knee)

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I was about to post this too.

Glad to see Bates is coming back. That should help make up for Reynolds on special teams. hopefully we get Trumaine back. Tre coming back is also huge. Big boost to the run game and no more chance of Pead getting a carry. Also should be able to move Bennie back to the return man slot.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

all good baby. bam bam was entree, mason will be dinner, then gurley will be dessert next week.

then let the gurley and mason show begin.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
main-qimg-b183617b04402c5ea71ca3c87ab659ae

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
YES YES YES! I'm so happy to read this. Having Tru and Tre back would be huge.

RamWoodie

Legend
To tell you the truth...I'm not worried about Mason. I want to see Quick on the field! I need to see that he picks up where he left of before he was injured.

I don't mind saying making Quick inactive last week puzzled me...but maybe there's nothing to it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
To tell you the truth...I'm not worried about Mason. I want to see Quick on the field! I need to see that he picks up where he left of before he was injured.

I don't mind saying making Quick inactive last week puzzled me...but maybe there's nothing to it.
I'm not worried about Mason but hoping he plays so Bam Bam can return Kickoffs and Pead doesn't play RB or return kicks.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With Tre healthy, we can afford to give Gurley another week of rest. If we play him too soon, there is no going back.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
With Tre healthy, we can afford to give Gurley another week of rest. If we play him too soon, there is no going back.

Or alternatively, hold Tre out another week and bring Gurley back this week, or just flip a coin on who gets an extra week, they're both healthy, it doesn't make any more sense to hold one out longer than the other.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I really do like the Rams RB depth with Gurley, Mason, Cunningham and Watts! Now, if the Rams can just get them all active for the same game(s)!

Athos

Legend
If Mason is good to go, play him and save the Todd for a hometown intro. Fans deserve that.

I'm confident Mason and BamBam can get us a win with their legs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Now, I AM worried this guy is rushing himself back due to, umm well, a 6'1, 230 lb monster that is also taking snaps and is a full GO at practice.