Rams Roster preview Safety Christian Bryant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
2015 Rams Roster Preview: S Christian Bryant Tries To Jump From Practice Squad In Year Two
By 3k

@3k_ on Jul 1, 2015, 2:33p +

usa-today-8053030.0.jpg

Brad Barr-USA TODAY Sports
The former Ohio State safety is trying to overcome his cling-on year to make the full roster in 2015.

As the 241st overall pick (26th pick of the 7th round) in the 2014 NFL Draft, Christian Bryant secured at least a brief NFL future. Indeed, he missed the 53-man roster but was able to hang on to a spot on the practice squad and signed a reserve/futures contract to stick with the team into the 2015 season.

Now nearly two years removed from a broken ankle against Wisconsin in late September of 2013, the former Ohio St. product may finally be physically ready to give it a sincere shot. Here's hoping as much.

Roster Battle
We looked at the depth at the back of the defense in the Jay Hughes roster preview, but essentially we're looking at Bryant and 2015 UDFAs Hughes and Jacob Hagen battling underneath Cody Davis and Maurice Alexander. Davis ascended from the 2013 practice squad into special teams and limited defensive duty, so he's not invincible here.

Expectations
We'll have to see how things play out in camp and the preseason. Bryant had snaps last preseason and at least kept him paid while continuing to get the ankle up to 100%. if there are any lingering issues, that's probably it for him at this level. If the ankle has fully healed though, he could be on the fringe between the practice squad and making the 53-man if everything falls right for him over the next two months.

Chances of Making Final Roster (3.5/10)
It's a tough crop for Bryant to squeeze through and come out on top of (Shout out to Team End More Sentences With Prepositions), but I don't think anything certain behind the T.J. McDonald/Rodney McLeod/Mark Barron trio at the top.

The depth here will be worth keeping a close eye on as things progress through camp and into the preseason.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/7...s-roster-preview-depth-chart-christian-bryant

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You can see the roster getting deeper. This guy makes the 2011 team, easily.

SierraRam

Recreational User

We took S Jeremy Hines in the 5th round in 2011. He was another Ohio State Safety I was excited to get, but he couldn't excel past our former greats Craig Dahl & Quintin Mickel. (Good God!)

I loved this pick and expected Bryant to take over at FS, but unfortunately, his injury was catastrophic. He was a 3 year starter, Team Captain and possible day-one pick before that bad day in Wisconsin.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again I've posted it before I've seen just about every Ohio State game either in person or via the Telly since 1998 and I don't remember much about Christian Bryant until he was injured.

Not I hope he's the second coming of Dave Elmendorf, but I'll reserve judgment until I see more of Mr. Bryant.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw a lil of this guy while watching the LB Sabino...He was roaming all over the field...Seemed engaged....You could tell he was the team captain...Wonder if he can get 100% healthy and regain his ability and speed?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Again I've posted it before I've seen just about every Ohio State game either in person or via the Telly since 1998 and I don't remember much about Christian Bryant until he was injured.

Not I hope he's the second coming of Dave Elmendorf, but I'll reserve judgment until I see more of Mr. Bryant.

I didn't notice him much either, then Urban said his loss was a huge blow and I was like, WTF? Who is he? I consider him to be a JAG.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He stood out to me, but that's just me, maybe...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I didn't notice him much either, then Urban said his loss was a huge blow and I was like, WTF? Who is he? I consider him to be a JAG.

Yeah me too might have just been coaches speak, Urban can get over emotional, but again don't remember him at all...Oh well, wish him the best come training camp.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If Bryant can be versatile enough that he could assist this secondary first @ FS, then the Nickle & last SS posts .....I would then say he has a chance to make this Master Roster.

Assuming Bryant will automatically beat out the super athletic, tall & fast 26 yr old Cody Davis who has 27 NFL games under his belt ............may be very hopeful:unsure:.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Cody Davis is a free safety type. I had high hopes for him when he came out... big, strong, fast... but I don't think he will ever be more than a special teams player.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i just wanna find a true free safety that we can rely on to not get beat or blow a coverage. McLeod might have the skills if he can get his head on straight but he's a long way away from being a ball hawk which the secondary could really use.

Big Willie

Starter
Options. We finally appear to have quality options at multiple positions. The roster is definitely getting better. We just need pro bowl type performance at the top end of the roster.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm going strictly off highlight film, but I'm more impressed with what I've seen from Imoan Claiborne than Bryant. CGI is correct. The roster definitely appears to be getting deeper.