Rams Roster Preview: CB Greg Reid

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I can't see Joyner at safety...Just a feeling, he looks a lil light in the pants. I understand he hits like a tank, but that was college....I'd really like to see him in pre-season games to feel out his man to man coverage for the slot cb, but I gotta go with Fisher that he plans on playing him there.

I see Reid making the roster, Gaines too...Roberson maybe gets a PS spot. Woodyard & Pointer getting the axe....

Johnson-Jenkins-Joyner-McGee-Reid-Gaines....

Pointer is no longer around. They released him over the winter. And, I think you may be selling Woodard short. They really seem to like him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Pointer is no longer around. They released him over the winter. And, I think you may be selling Woodard short. They really seem to like him.

I seem to remember a lot of players saying his name in TC this year (woody this, woody that), you could be correct...I figured if he didn't get any run last year, he was toast since they brought in all these guys to compete for what is basically his role....

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I seem to remember a lot of players saying his name in TC this year (woody this, woody that), you could be correct...I figured if he didn't get any run last year, he was toast since they brought in all these guys to compete for what is basically his role....

Woodard was yet another of the long line of UDFA DBs they brought in, and given made enough of an impression to stick around all year, speaks volumes to me. Just because he spent the year on the practice squad, shouldn't mean that he "didn't get any run" last year. For all intents, he got as much experience as McGee, in that he was here all year, in the system, and comes back knowing what an NFL training camp is all about.

Alan

Legend
I'm surprised that everyone thinks we'll only be keeping 2 QBs. I see SB, Hill and Gilbert making the team.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm surprised that everyone thinks we'll only be keeping 2 QBs. I see SB, Hill and Gilbert making the team.
Yeah, one would think that if the plan was keep 2 QBs, they wouldn't have even bothered drafting Gilbert as he'd be unlikely to unseat Hill this year.

I just hope they keep him on the roster rather than try to sneak him onto the Practice Squad. Too much has been said about his potential for that.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You say that until someone grabs him (as has happened to even UDFA's) then you face the choice of either going with just 2 QBs or having a 3rd QB who wasn't in training camp and doesn't known the offense well.

I know some disagree with me, but I've seen 2 QBs blow up in the Rams' face too often in recent memory. Don't get cute. Carry 3 QBs.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
If neither Gilbert or Davis is good enough for the roster spot, fine, bring in someone else.

But I strongly feel we need to carry 3 QBs rather than risk being one QB away from a guy who wasn't even in camp playing QB.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Frankly, unless Davis absolutely wows Rams brass in camp, he's gone. He didn't demonstrate enough to be worth keeping before. I think Gilbert was drafted on potential. If they just wanted a camp arm, there are plenty of UDFAs for that.

That said, I can understand in not making the 3rd QB active for every game, but I strongly believe he needs to be on the roster. It's not about whether you can get some guy off the street that's arguably just as good. I want a 3rd QB available that has been in the camp and knows the offense (and hopefully can develop down the line into an asset as well). Sure, the season is likely over anyway if he has to play, but at least there's a hope of something if you don't have to dumb down the offense because he wasn't here. This isn't Madden where you can pick guys off the street and they instantly have full competency in the offense (and no issues).

As I said, Gilbert has received a lot of hype as someone who can be developed. I really don't feel he stays a Ram if they get cute and try to stash him on the practice squad, and boom, that's a wasted 5th round pick.

But in the end, this is just a matter of differing opinions between two people who don't get votes on the matter. No matter what Fisher & Snead do, one of us will think they're right, and one of us will think they're wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't know why everyone is writing of Cody Davis so fast.He did a heck of a job on special teams last year.
I also think the kid from Ohio State will be a pup guy.No reason to risk losing him ?
Reid looks a lot bigger on the field,than he is listed at.
I believe a couple of this rookies DB's will be put on the practice squad.
The 53 man roster is real far away.I think Fisher will figure a lot of different factors when it comes time to make his final cuts.The 48 is always going to be #1 over 53 & practice squad.It becomes a revolving door.It changes week to week on injuries & depth.
As coach stated about kick rut urns.Reid has a chance.The thing with Coach O saying only 3 RB's ?? CRAZY to say I. PEAD gets cut !!He might even be the special team Captain over Hecklar.Cunnimghambreturns kicks as well.
---Veltung made the team because of his KR.Chase Reynolds because of special teams.Rams brought in MO

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
His signing came with a lot of fan fare...not sure why but I hope he's healthy and contributes on defense and special teams

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I can't see Joyner at safety...Just a feeling, he looks a lil light in the pants. I understand he hits like a tank, but that was college....I'd really like to see him in pre-season games to feel out his man to man coverage for the slot cb, but I gotta go with Fisher that he plans on playing him there.

I see Reid making the roster, Gaines too...Roberson maybe gets a PS spot. Woodyard & Pointer getting the axe....

Johnson-Jenkins-Joyner-McGee-Reid-Gaines....

Check out that Joyner highlight video, 46, if you haven't already seen it.

He plays big. As CoachO posted, you simply don't notice or even think about his size as you watch him play. I think he's got a terrific NFL future in front of him at either position, or maybe a little of both depending on the GW package.