Rams rookie review: Week 7 --Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams rookie review: Week 7
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12836/rams-rookie-review-week-7

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A look at playing time and production of each of the St. Louis Rams' drafted rookies and a quick glimpse at the undrafted rookie class in Sunday's 28-26 win against the Seattle Seahawks.

OL Greg Robinson, first round, No. 2 overall: In his second NFL start, Robinson was every bit as solid as he was in his first. He played all 49 offensive snaps and five more on special teams and was particularly effective in the run game. He's at his best when pulling and on the move and has been fine in pass protection.

DT Aaron Donald, first round, No. 13 overall: Donald has been even better than Robinson and perhaps the team's most consistent defensive player the past two weeks. He earned my game ball for Sunday with five tackles, three for loss, a sack and two quarterback hits on 51 defensive snaps as he dominated Seattle guard James Carpenter. Donald has quietly nudged his way into the conversation for Defensive Rookie of the Year.

DB Lamarcus Joyner, second round, No. 41 overall: Joyner played 43 snaps on defense and nine more on special teams in what was one of his busiest days yet. Joyner didn't have any plays that really stood out either way, which isn't necessarily a bad thing when you play his position. He finished with seven tackles, which was second most on the team.

RB Tre Mason, third round, No. 75 overall: Mason has begun staking a claim to the starting job, leading the team's backs in snaps (26) and carries (18) against Seattle. Despite a near disastrous late fumble, Mason was mostly effective, rushing for 85 yards and his first NFL touchdown. At the very least, he's positioned himself for more work moving forward.

S Maurice Alexander, fourth round, No. 110 overall: Alexander was a pregame inactive against Seattle.

CB E.J. Gaines, sixth round, No. 188 overall: Gaines played all 71 defensive snaps and seven more on special teams. It wasn't his best day in coverage, with the usual array of ups and downs, but he finished with six tackles, a quarterback hit and a pass defensed.

C Demetrius Rhaney, seventh round, No. 250 overall: Rhaney is on injured reserve for the season with a knee injury.

Undrafted rookie roundup: Cornerback Marcus Roberson got his first extended opportunity on defense, playing 13 snaps there in place of an injured Janoris Jenkins. Roberson finished with a tackle and also played seven snaps on special teams. ... Defensive lineman Ethan Westbrooks was inactive after a hand injury kept him out of practice most of last week. ... Running back Trey Watts played 18 snaps on special teams, and tight end Alex Bayer chipped in 14 more in a similar role.

jjab360

Legend
Robinson has been absolutely devastating as a pull blocker and a wall in pass protection. Countless pancakes last Sunday, seemed like he was putting someone on the ground almost every time I looked his direction. Meanwhile Matthews is playing like one of the worst OTs in the league...

Donald is an absolute monster, was in on Wilson in a flash on the sack and ragdolled Lynch like it was nothing on one of his TFLs.

Solid contributors all around, damn I love this draft class.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Robinson has been absolutely devastating as a pull blocker and a wall in pass protection. Countless pancakes last Sunday, seemed like he was putting someone on the ground almost every time I looked his direction. Meanwhile Matthews is playing like one of the worst OTs in the league...

Donald is an absolute monster, was in on Wilson in a flash on the sack and ragdolled Lynch like it was nothing on one of his TFLs.

Solid contributors all around, damn I love this draft class.
I was listening on the radio, remember hearing the announcers say "Man, when was the last time you saw someone tackle Marshawn Lynch by himself?" "Not in a long time, but Aaron Donald just did it, wow!"

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe we should start calling the ED, 'The house of Pancakes ' In honor of GRob's Play so far!?:)