Rams Rookie RB Todd Gurley Reacts To His Madden 2016 Rating

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The top 10 rated rookies in Madden 2016 found out their ratings for this year’s installation of the popular video game, including St. Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley who was tied for third-highest. Gurley was one of three players to receive a 80 overall rating following Oakland Raiders WR Amari Cooper (82) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston (81). Gurley was the only one of Madden’s five top-rated rookies drafted outside the top six in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Watch Gurley React to His Madden Rating

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I haven't played Madden is some time.....ahhhh, it's like an ole girlfriend that still looks good, but you just had to move on...couldn't get any work done around her ass anyways....
wonder what Mason rating is? 72....78....couldn't use those types in a money game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Top 10 Rookie Ratings in Madden NFL 16
Posted July 20th at 11:00am.

image.img.jpg

Our Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Reveal kicks off with the new kids on the block, the rookies.

What are the player ratings for Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and other top rookies in Madden NFL 16? Find out here:

image.img.jpg

AMARI COOPER (82 OVR)
OAKLAND RAIDERS WR (4TH OVERALL)
6’1, 211 POUNDS

Cooper should be a primary receiver from day one and a favorite target of second-year QB Derek Carr. In addition to his rookie-best 82 OVR, he brings 92 Speed, 94 Agility, and 87 Catching (second only to Kevin White among rookies).

image_0.img.jpg

JAMEIS WINSTON (81 OVR)
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS QB (1ST OVERALL)
6’4, 231 POUNDS

Winston really impresses with 95 Throw Power and rookie-best 88 Throw Accuracy Short. He’s a threat to run with 81 Agility, 75 Strength, and 73 Speed.

image_1.img.jpg

TODD GURLEY (80 OVR)
ST. LOUIS RAMS HB (10TH OVERALL)
6’1, 222 POUNDS

Gurley has the quickness with 91 Speed, 87 Acceleration, and 80 Elusiveness. The power shows up with 91 Trucking, 89 Stiff Arm, and 91 Carry. Just watch out for that 73 Injury Rating.

image_2.img.jpg

LEONARD WILLIAMS (80 OVR)
NEW YORK JETS LE (6TH OVERALL)
6’5, 302 POUNDS

Williams brings excellent 90 Block Shedding, 87 Strength, and 85 Power Move ratings to beat offensive linemen. He also has 83 Pursuit and 82 Acceleration to get to the quarterback.

image_3.img.jpg

BRANDON SCHERFF (80 OVR)
WASHINGTON REDSKINS RT (5TH OVERALL)
6’5, 319 POUNDS

Scherff won the Outland Trophy at left tackle, but he’ll play right tackle for the Redskins. He tops all rookie offensive linemen with 89 Run Block, as well as 83 Strength and 80 Pass Block.

image_4.img.jpg

DANTE FOWLER (79 OVR)
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS RE (3RD OVERALL)
6’3, 261 POUNDS

Fowler excels at edge rushing with 86 Speed, 89 Acceleration, and 83 Pursuit. He’ll get around linemen with 83 Finesse Move and 84 Agility, as well as 87 Tackle.

image_5.img.jpg

MELVIN GORDON (78 OVR)
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS HB (15TH OVERALL)
6’1, 215 POUNDS

Gordon is an even better speed back than Gurley with 91 Speed, 88 Acceleration, 80 Elusiveness and 91 Spin Move. His 69 Trucking limits his inside runs, although he has 83 Stiff Arm.

image_6.img.jpg

KEVIN WHITE (78 OVR)
CHICAGO BEARS WR (7TH OVERALL)
6’3, 215 POUNDS

White has big shoes to fill following the departure of Brandon Marshall, but he’s a deep threat with 94 Speed, 92 Acceleration, 88 Agility, and rookie-best 88 Catching.

image_7.img.jpg

MARCUS MARIOTA (78 OVR)
TENNESSEE TITANS QB (2ND OVERALL)
6’4, 222 POUNDS

Mariota is a double threat with 87 Throw Accuracy Short and 88 Throw Accuracy Mid, as well as 90 Throw on the Run, 88 Speed, 90 Acceleration, and 79 Elusiveness.

image_8.img.jpg

VIC BEASLEY (77 OVR)
ATLANTA FALCONS RE (8TH OVERALL)
6’3, 246 POUNDS

Beasley is another quick edge rusher, but he backs it up with 87 Strength. He’s coming around the end with 88 Speed and 89 Acceleration. To knock down passes, Beasley brings rookie-best 92 Jumping.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
80 is pretty good for a rookie, but it'll be 99 overall by the end of this season.;)

Btw, is anyone planning on purchasing this year's Madden? I used to buy Madden every year; however, I took two years off for numerous reasons. As all of us are, I'm pretty pumped about the upcoming season and I'm on the fence about getting Madden 16.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I haven't played Madden in a looooonnnngggg time. I hope the kid is able to deliver the way they anticipate he will. I'm not expecting him to be on the filed much if at all until game 8 or 9 though.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I know I'm prejudiced, but you really have to like Gurley's reaction.

Classiest, most humble of the bunch.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
1437471373383-289290906.jpg
I still play madden and I play online ranked games all the time. I was ranked in the top 3% (I'm about top 8% now) for awhile but it's hard to stay up there... I always use the rams. If I didn't use the rams and mastered another team I think I would pretty never fall from a top 5 ranking.... Bradford deep ball sucks unless wide open even then he still puts the ball in uncatchable spots sometimes. My running game is sick with mason, stacy, and Cunningham used in rotation. Can't wait to use gurley

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
That's pretty sweet fastcat.

Gurley was classy in the vid. Knows he has a lot to prove.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Gurley is a pretty humble dude!!! Can't wait to use him in Madden and go beast mode on folks.

And then watch him on Sundays go beast mode on the NFL!!

Athos

Legend
Talked to a guy who is a UGA grad on other forum. Had nothing but good things to say about Gurley. Said he was pretty much worshipped there but was always down to earth and friendly.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still play Madden every year. I bet I could beat fastcat, especially if he uses the Rams ;)

But I stopped playing online games a while ago...just play with my friends now in franchises.

When I did play online ranked games consistently, I was always up there....but don't have enough time to play that much, so I just stopped.

About Gurley - it's a travesty that his speed rating is 91....this guy is faster than that. That's about how fast Le'Veon Bell is by comparison.....c'mon....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
80 is pretty good for a rookie, but it'll be 99 overall by the end of this season.;)

Btw, is anyone planning on purchasing this year's Madden? I used to buy Madden every year; however, I took two years off for numerous reasons. As all of us are, I'm pretty pumped about the upcoming season and I'm on the fence about getting Madden 16.

Nope. I wanted a copy every year, then I waited every 5 years or so, now I couldn't care less.

The games always have issues. I can't stand it when I play using Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning as my QB, and throw 25+ INT when the DB and LB makes some incredible ninja moves.

Defensive linemen get glitched and can't disengage from offensive linemen. Likewise, offensive linemen can't block the AI. They just ping off each other. Oh and don't get me started after being sacked right after I hike the ball b/c the AI linemen don't do shit.

When I see a hole, and go toward it as a RB, some LB magically appears from the side and tackles me for a loss.

Those are just what I think of off the top of my head.

Oh but at least they have arbitrary ratings going for them.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I think the last game system I bought and own is a Playstation 2. Haven't bought a game since 2004 (Tiger Woods PGA 2004). I used to kick ass on Nintendo though baby! RBI Baseball!

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I'll buy a copy of Madden 16. I am a sucker for it - been buying it each year sine Madden 97.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Sports games are the only thing I play but Madden irritates me. I'm obviously never any team except the Rams and they tend to be rated in the top 5 worst teams on the game since the early 2000s. I still have Madden 2003 when they were actually a top class team but the quality is so low that it's almost unplayable. Faulk was a monster though.