Rams RB Chase Reynolds Signs One-year Tender

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Can probably make that 96 if you include the best ST play he made last season. When he played AGAINST the Rams for the Raiders and made a big tackle on the Oakland returner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Coach O Intespect and understand what your saying.Mo Alexander,Joyner,& back up CB's will have to are more of the players I would like to see at a lot of those spots.
Yes Trey Watts will earn a spot before Chase Reynolds.He understands special teams,& his role on The Rams.
I'd rather an extra young ascending O-Lineman on the 53.
--I'll venture back at the end of the preseason.I also like Bates better & who knows about Pead,but he will have to play special teams to make the squad as well.I won't say signing Chase Reynolds was a bad move.He actually will make players understand the important a of special teams.Will Herring was brought on last year for the same reason.
--I expect The Rams will find a young stud LBer that will have to play special teams. I guess your saying Chase Reynolds will make the squad over Jo- Dunbar ? Jeff Fisher does not like to play some rookies from the start of the season.Williams defense is not that easy to learn from the start.
I'd rather have a guy like McGee on the 46 as well.He has been hurt,but has more speed than Chase Reynolds & brings more depth on game day.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't think the coaching staff really looks at him as RB as much as a ST player.
That in mind, I highly doubt this would impact any decision regarding the RB depth of the team.

Whoever the Rams draft at RB this year is who you need to worry about replacing Pead or Watts ;)
I saw what Trey Watts did in the Dallas Cowboy game as a UDFA .He was playing while Tre Mason was sitting.
Stedman Bailey has played well on special teams.He will do what it takes to make the roster.
I'd say The Rams draft a WR way before they even think about drafting another RB.
Damien Williams is a interesting pick up(USC )& would love Aguilar late 2nd early 3rd.
Then again I'd rather a extra lineman 53 than have Chase Reynolds on Sunday 46.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Coach O Intespect and understand what your saying.Mo Alexander,Joyner,& back up CB's will have to are more of the players I would like to see at a lot of those spots.
Yes Trey Watts will earn a spot before Chase Reynolds.He understands special teams,& his role on The Rams.
I'd rather an extra young ascending O-Lineman on the 53.
--I'll venture back at the end of the preseason.I also like Bates better & who knows about Pead,but he will have to play special teams to make the squad as well.I won't say signing Chase Reynolds was a bad move.He actually will make players understand the important a of special teams.Will Herring was brought on last year for the same reason.
--I expect The Rams will find a young stud LBer that will have to play special teams. I guess your saying Chase Reynolds will make the squad over Jo- Dunbar ? Jeff Fisher does not like to play some rookies from the start of the season.Williams defense is not that easy to learn from the start.
I'd rather have a guy like McGee on the 46 as well.He has been hurt,but has more speed than Chase Reynolds & brings more depth on game day.

What exactly is it about Reynolds that you don't like? That he leads the team in ST tackles since he has been here? OR that he isn't perceived as "athletic"?

Keeping him has no bearing on Watts making the roster. And apparently, based on the ST plays from last year, it didn't keep Watts off the field either.

As far as Dunbar, I think with the Ayers signing, he could be a logical salary cap casualty before its all said and done. Especially if they plan on using Barron in the "big Nickel" role again. Brandon McGee is another who faces an uphill battle to make this roster in 2015. IMO, they will keep Roberson over McGee, and coming from me, that is saying something. I was not real high on Roberson, as I feel he lacks the desire to actually tackle anyone. But he showed enough last year to make an impression.

I don't want to put words in your mouth,, so please, can you clarify what it is about Reynolds that you seem so turned off by?

thehammer

Rookie
great st player..good signing

kid is making a good living just by working hard and doing the things other more talented players avoid..moral in there somewhere

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
great st player..good signing

kid is making a good living just by working hard and doing the things other more talented players avoid..moral in there somewhere

If the Rams suck, as you commented in another thread (and has been subsequently removed,) then why would Reynolds re-sign? Based upon your opinion, of the Rams, wouldn't you be upset he signed and express he go somewhere else? I really don't understand your thought process with Reynolds signing being a "good signing," and Wisniewski going to the Jaguars being a good thing because as you said, "the Rams suck." I would really like to hear your reasoning. My thought is you are a troll to this site and want to insight fights with other members.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If the Rams suck, as you commented in another thread (and has been subsequently removed,) then why would Reynolds re-sign? Based upon your opinion, of the Rams, wouldn't you be upset he signed and express he go somewhere else? I really don't understand your thought process with Reynolds signing being a "good signing," and Wisniewski going to the Jaguars being a good thing because as you said, "the Rams suck." I would really like to hear your reasoning. My thought is you are a troll to this site and want to insight fights with other members.
At the risk of speaking on Hammer's behalf, his take on the Offensive Line has been consistent for a couple of years. He and I have disagreed plenty during our conversations at training camp, but he has been "right" more than not when it comes to his take on this unit. Especially when it pertains to the interior positions.

He tends to get frustrated when the organization goes in a different direction than he thinks they should, and tends to wear his heart on his sleeve on these message boards. He (as am I) gets worn down from the "other site" and it tends to make him a little more aggressive on her than he needs to be to make his point. But I will say this for him, there aren't many more loyal fans of this organization than Hammer.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What exactly is it about Reynolds that you don't like? That he leads the team in ST tackles since he has been here? OR that he isn't perceived as "athletic"?

Keeping him has no bearing on Watts making the roster. And apparently, based on the ST plays from last year, it didn't keep Watts off the field either.

As far as Dunbar, I think with the Ayers signing, he could be a logical salary cap casualty before its all said and done. Especially if they plan on using Barron in the "big Nickel" role again. Brandon McGee is another who faces an uphill battle to make this roster in 2015. IMO, they will keep Roberson over McGee, and coming from me, that is saying something. I was not real high on Roberson, as I feel he lacks the desire to actually tackle anyone. But he showed enough last year to make an impression.

I don't want to put words in your mouth,, so please, can you clarify what it is about Reynolds that you seem so turned off by?
Maybe you are right,but my believe is change is good.I like a roster with ascending players.I think Bates makes more sense to keep.
The main things I don't like about Reynolds
1.He really is just a special teams guy.He has no position.
2.He has upside
3.The Rams have never had a winning season with him on the roster
4.53 man roster this season will have extra DB's,LBers,& OL. --Look at players that were injuried last season that saved him a spot.
---Like InsId before we will have to venture down this road at a different date.The roster is not set.
I don't know how much of his contract is guaranteed ? I do think he has the repsect of the coaching staff, & has been a core on special teams.I think he has put in hard work & beat the odds over the years.He brings leadership,knowledge, & is a solid veteran guy in the locker room.He will make a solid living being a life coach(some kind) because of his self motivation,pride,spirit,& love of support.
--In the end Chase Reynolds will not make the 2015 final roster.There will be to much talent. Even after the draft you can do the numbers.Right now I can't tell you for sure & injuries.
Remember like you said about leading the team in special team tackles.If he is on all special team plays,who should lead the team.
Where does Mo or Joyner end up playing ?? EJ Gaines with a healthy Tru ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
MarionHaggins was core special in 2012 Fishers first year.Chase Reynolds was where ?? No tackles ?
Stedman Bailey had more total tackles in 2013 than Chase Reynolds.
2014 Stedman had a 4 game suspension,Mc whatever from Miami was injuries.Cody Davies brings a little extra as well.
It's not hard to start putting the numbers together.
--The Rams have 2 starting CB's becoming FA's next year.I think they need depth at the position as well.If Barron moves up to another position then it just adds to the core of special teams.The Rams will also need LBer depth.I think The Rams actual draft a LBer such as McKinney in 3rd or 4th rd.He probably slips due to his 40.
Mo will have to be Barron's backup.Joyner & Gaines as nickle.
Rhaney,Barnes,Jones all went on IR ?? I think if The Rams draft a few Offensive Lineman this year,they will have to use an extra Lineman on the 53.Say 10 ?? Who knows if there is any injuries on the DL ??
The Rams need a stud DT.Who do they have with size ??? Fairly,Westbrook,Donald ?? Brockers came in light last season.Funny how The Rams wanted him to change his body type rookie year & now he is to small.
Haynes is a tweener,he wore down.
---Like Coach O said Williams defense will be changing with Barron (Mo Alex draft)trade. I think Aykers brings another different piece to the puzzle.Alex Ogletree is a little smallish to play MLB.
I'm really excited to see how things play out in second year of Coach Williams defense.
I think a guy like TJ McDonald becomes a Pro Bowl safety.

thehammer

Rookie
At the risk of speaking on Hammer's behalf, his take on the Offensive Line has been consistent for a couple of years. He and I have disagreed plenty during our conversations at training camp, but he has been "right" more than not when it comes to his take on this unit. Especially when it pertains to the interior positions.

He tends to get frustrated when the organization goes in a different direction than he thinks they should, and tends to wear his heart on his sleeve on these message boards. He (as am I) gets worn down from the "other site" and it tends to make him a little more aggressive on her than he needs to be to make his point. But I will say this for him, there aren't many more loyal fans of this organization than Hammer.

didn't know they took down my "the rams suck" post..WOW! Guess it was suppose to stay a secret..like the Rams moving...

Quality free agents rarely sign with losing teams...there was a reason Wis didn't even bother coming here for a visit. Losing teams(and fans) have to accept that reality and plan accordingly. Reynolds is a core st player and has value here and limited value elsewhere...

ideally teams don't want to carry extra rb's on the game day roster but we lack the depth at lb and cb to allow us to cut Reynolds. Good signing for both him and the rams .

add coacho is a class guy...not sure if I wear my heart on my sleeve but do understand logic and get frustrated by the illogical and stupid decisions this organization makes and am openly rooting for a new team to come here..bet I'm not suppose to say that either..

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
didn't know they took down my "the rams suck" post..WOW! Guess it was suppose to stay a secret..like the Rams moving...

Quality free agents rarely sign with losing teams...there was a reason Wis didn't even bother coming here for a visit. Losing teams(and fans) have to accept that reality and plan accordingly. Reynolds is a core st player and has value here and limited value elsewhere...

ideally teams don't want to carry extra rb's on the game day roster but we lack the depth at lb and cb to allow us to cut Reynolds. Good signing for both him and the rams .

add coacho is a class guy...not sure if I wear my heart on my sleeve but do understand logic and get frustrated by the illogical and stupid decisions this organization makes and am openly rooting for a new team to come here..bet I'm not suppose to say that either..

"Quality FA rarely sign with losing teams", hammer?

Did I get that right?

Last I checked, the Jags are a losing team. And have been for years.

Yet Wiz signed with them. Does that mean that Wiz is not a quality FA? Or does it mean you had a brain fart?

Just pulling your leg, man. Lol.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Maybe you are right,but my believe is change is good.I like a roster with ascending players.I think Bates makes more sense to keep.
The main things I don't like about Reynolds
1.He really is just a special teams guy.He has no position.
2.He has upside
3.The Rams have never had a winning season with him on the roster
4.53 man roster this season will have extra DB's,LBers,& OL. --Look at players that were injuried last season that saved him a spot.
---Like InsId before we will have to venture down this road at a different date.The roster is not set.
I don't know how much of his contract is guaranteed ? I do think he has the repsect of the coaching staff, & has been a core on special teams.I think he has put in hard work & beat the odds over the years.He brings leadership,knowledge, & is a solid veteran guy in the locker room.He will make a solid living being a life coach(some kind) because of his self motivation,pride,spirit,& love of support.
--In the end Chase Reynolds will not make the 2015 final roster.There will be to much talent. Even after the draft you can do the numbers.Right now I can't tell you for sure & injuries.
Remember like you said about leading the team in special team tackles.If he is on all special team plays,who should lead the team.
Where does Mo or Joyner end up playing ?? EJ Gaines with a healthy Tru ?

You really think Chase Reynolds is responsible for us never having a winning season? :eek:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah hammer - BIG secret we were hiding from you. I guess you don't read responses to your posts and you also don't feel the need to read the Terms and Rules of the site.

get frustrated by the illogical and stupid decisions this organization makes and am openly rooting for a new team to come here..bet I'm not suppose to say that either..
Why wait? Go already.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
:barefoot:
You really think Chase Reynolds is responsible for us never having a winning season? :eek:
My point is a loser like that shows the lack of depth of a NFL football team.