Rams RB Chase Reynolds Signs One-year Tender

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams RB Chase Reynolds one-year tender
by Dave Peters | CBSSports.com

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...report-rams-rb-chase-reynolds-one-year-tender

Rams running back and special teamer Chase Reynolds signed his one-year tender as an exclusive rights free agent on Tuesday, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Reynolds is one of the core special teams players for the team, missing only one game in the last two seasons. He finished the 2014 season with a team-high 19 special teams tackles.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
WTF?! so is Pead out the picture or Watts?
I don't think the coaching staff really looks at him as RB as much as a ST player.
That in mind, I highly doubt this would impact any decision regarding the RB depth of the team.

Whoever the Rams draft at RB this year is who you need to worry about replacing Pead or Watts ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank God.... I've been waiting for the signing that would get me excited about this off season!

I don't care if they sign another player now... Reynolds is locked up!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I've gotta give Fisher his props here.

I've certainly had my share of criticism for some of Fisher's moves and W/L results.

But I do admire the way he emphasizes ST. He puts his money where his mouth is on ST and the results really help the team.

Kudos to Fisher on the Chase Reynolds signing. (We have 2 players named Reynolds now).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I've certainly had my share of criticism for some of Fisher's moves and W/L results.

But I do admire the way he emphasizes ST. He puts his money where his mouth is on ST and the results really help the team.

Kudos to Fisher on the Chase Reynolds signing. (We have 2 players named Reynolds now).

Now all they need is to get them each a cowboy hat and a black Firebird.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul

Agreed. Special Teams are often underrated.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Reynolds has earned his spot on this team.
He has earned a paycheck.I doubt he makes the team in 2015.

If he makes the team.I look for another losing season.I respect his work ethic.He is a good locker room guy to have around.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He has earned a paycheck.I doubt he makes the team in 2015.

If he makes the team.I look for another losing season.I respect his work ethic.He is a good locker room guy to have around.

I don't quite understand your statement.
Reynolds is a core special teams player and an emergency running back. 3 RB's likely have to get injured in a game or the game has to be terribly lopsided before he carries the ball. I might be wrong, but it's important to have guys that are able to play well on special teams. Since the risk of injury is greater during special teams you don't necessarily want your star players out there. I'm going to praise Isaac Bruce's 1995 season again. At the start of 1995, Isaac Bruce wasn't a star. He started the season playing special teams and blocked a kick in Green Bay. That was 20 years ago, I don't remember if he played special teams much after that, my gut is saying no. Bruce needs to be elected to the Hall of Fame immediately. Jerry Rice ain't nothing compared to Isaac Bruce.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't quite understand your statement.
Reynolds is a core special teams player and an emergency running back. 3 RB's likely have to get injured in a game or the game has to be terribly lopsided before he carries the ball. I might be wrong, but it's important to have guys that are able to play well on special teams. Since the risk of injury is greater during special teams you don't necessarily want your star players out there. I'm going to praise Isaac Bruce's 1995 season again. At the start of 1995, Isaac Bruce wasn't a star. He started the season playing special teams and blocked a kick in Green Bay. That was 20 years ago, I don't remember if he played special teams much after that, my gut is saying no. Bruce needs to be elected to the Hall of Fame immediately. Jerry Rice ain't nothing compared to Isaac Bruce.
Yeah ok-I remember when Iscac was driving down the 91fwy in his Merchadise Benz on a hubcap.Bruce also was playing on a bad hammy all the time early in his career.
Stedman has played some good special teams as a gunner.I'd rather a CB,DB,or LB to take that spot.How many blocks does Chase have ?? I think he needs to go,or The Rams will be losers again.They need to upgrade there depth .

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think he needs to go,or The Rams will be losers again.

I'm not quite understanding why the Rams will lose if Chase Reynolds makes the team. He provides depth at running back but his primary job is special teams. He's not at all a liability. He's not a superstar but every team needs solid special teamers. Perhaps you personally know Chase Reynolds and know that he is a saboteur that finds ways to get the team to lose. If that is true, he needs to go.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not quite understanding why the Rams will lose if Chase Reynolds makes the team. He provides depth at running back but his primary job is special teams. He's not at all a liability. He's not a superstar but every team needs solid special teamers. Perhaps you personally know Chase Reynolds and know that he is a saboteur that finds ways to get the team to lose. If that is true, he needs to go.

Trey Watts is better & will win that spot,so no worries The Rams will be all right.My point is he is crap besides special teams.He is not good enough to cost a ascending player a spot on the 53.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Trey Watts is better & will win that spot,so no worries The Rams will be all right.My point is he is crap besides special teams.He is not good enough to cost a ascending player a spot on the 53.
What does Trey Watts have to do with Chase Reynolds making the team as a CORE Special Teams player? If you think that Watts will contribute more as a RB, then I'd say if it ever comes to that, this team has already lost.

Reynolds is a very good, and sound ST contributor, on ALL FOUR units. At best, Trey Watts would be on two of the units, and that's not a given. So by losing Reynolds, you would most likely need to dress TWO players to do the same things Reynolds does. Not really a smart way to manage a gameday roster of 46.

And not sure if you are referring to Watts as the "ascending player" on the 53 or not. But again, not sure what Reynolds has to do with that. As it stands right now, Watts is at best number 5 among the RB's on the roster. And while I realize this will be met on deaf ears my many, Isaiah Pead is still on this roster (for the time being), and if he is indeed recovered from his knee injury, brings a whole lot more to this team than Watts. (especially on Special Teams)