Rams pre-draft visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Mods, if I missed it please just delete. I was just curious to see how the visits to the Rams compared to some of the mock drafts being posted here. This is from Walter Football so take it for what it's worth.

http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

• Vince Biegel, OLB, Wisconsin (SR)
  • Austin Carr, WR, Northwestern (EW)
  • Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (SR)
  • Dion Dawkins, OT, Temple (SR)
  • Jessamen Dunker, G, Tennessee State (SR)
  • Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss (SR)
  • Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (SR)
  • Geoff Gray, G, Manitoba (EW)
  • William Holden, OT, Vanderbilt (EW)
  • O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (COM)
  • Tobijah Hughley, C, Louisville (EW)
  • Joey Ivie, DT, Florida (EW)
  • Forrest Lamp, OT/G, Western Kentucky (SR)
  • Wes Lunt, QB, Illinois (EW)
  • Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan (EW)
  • Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan (SR)
  • Kenneth Olugbode, OLB, Colorado (EW)
  • Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State (SR)
  • Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming (EW)
  • Tanzel Smart, DT, Tulane (SR)
  • Jamari Staples, WR, Louisville (SR)
  • Orion Stewart, S, Baylor (EW)
  • Sam Tevi, OT, Utah (EW)
  • Dymonte Thomas, S, Michigan (EW)
  • Brad Watson, CB, Wake Forest (EW)
  • Davis Webb, QB, California (SR)
  • Jamaal Williams, RB, Brigham Young (SR)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#YiJEqZlzvORJXD0R.99

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
12 of 27 are offensive linemen... sort of tells you where our head is at?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
12 of 27 are offensive linemen... sort of tells you where our head is at?
Most of them though are all thought to be in the 3rd/4th round area. Tells you a lot in itself.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
always keep your poker face...

Personally, those are some bad looking linemen....I think I only like 6 of them....for any round.
Hmmmm
Davenport I like a round or two after he'll likely get drafted. Lamp of course is good. I like Fuller and Roullier. Moton and Dawkins both could be good. The others I don't know anything about.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Davenport I like a round or two after he'll likely get drafted. Lamp of course is good. I like Fuller and Roullier. Moton and Dawkins both could be good. The others I don't know anything about.
Fuller (outta Baylor, correct) scares me...Most Baylor linemen do...I'll take a wr from there tho....And Julian Davenport...man he looked like shit at the senior bowl...IDK...some guys do surprise. The others I agree with you....and don't know much about the others...Looked up that one cat....suspended (kicked out?) from Florida and played with Tenn. St. Think he stole a scooter...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Biegel a lot as a SILB for us. Julie'n Davenport is a project, but he could be a starting LT down the line. He has freakish length and good athletic traits. He fits what Kromer looks for in an OT (big and strong).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He fits what Kromer looks for in an OT (big and strong).

No offense Counselor that's like posting what men look for in a woman..."Firm Breasts and a tight ass." I'm sure all coaches want their Offensive Tackles big and strong as opposed to the antithesis.;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No offense Counselor that's like posting what men look for in a woman..."Firm Breasts and a tight ass." I'm sure all coaches want their Offensive Tackles big and strong as opposed to the antithesis.;)

Eh, no. It depends on the blocking scheme. Kromer tends to recruit more guys who you'd expect to end up in a power scheme. A lot of ZBS OL coaches look for smaller, nimbler OLs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A lot of ZBS OL coaches look for smaller, nimbler OLs.

I knew the intention of the post sir, but have to fly some your way occasionally...Anyway quicker and nimbler, but still thick and strong one would surmise...But I'm pleased Kromer stresses the power blocker scheme as IMHO, Brown, Donnal & Robinson are better suited for that type of design.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew the intention of the post sir, but have to fly some your way occasionally...Anyway quicker and nimbler, but still thick and strong one would surmise...But I'm pleased Kromer stresses the power blocker scheme as IMHO, Brown, Donnal & Robinson are better suited for that type of design.

Kromer technically runs a zone scheme. But he uses blockers who typically would fit in gap schemes.

Gotta bust my balls, Den. You know I'm speaking in relative terms. ;)

Basically, Kromer likes an OL of 320 to 330 pound guys. Most ZBS OL coaches prefer their OLs in the 300 to 315 range.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Geeze. Let's hope it's diversion then lol

Rams blowing smoke ?
They often did in the past, not sure how much stock McVay will place in this. Other than a Center or cross-trained offensive lineman, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams skipped the remainder of the OL this year in the draft, maybe a late pick or UDFA or two. Still, there are a few names I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.
Happy to see the Rams looking at a camp QB taller than 6'0", Lunt could be intriguing, although the following review is quite old :

PLAYER OVERVIEW
An Oklahoma State transfer, Lunt was highly recruited out of high school and sat out the 2013 season due to transfer rules, taking over the starting quarterback duties at Illinois in 2014.

While the statistics look promising (63.5 percent completions, 14:3 touchdown:interception ratio), Lunt underwhelmed in 2014, although he did show the potential to be one of the best passers in the conference.

STRENGTHS: He has pro physical traits with his size, mobility and arm strength that immediately attracts the attention of pro scouts, consistently making NFL throw after NFL throw.

WEAKNESSES: Has yet to show the production or consistency to back up his potential.

IN OUR VIEW: Lunt missed four games in 2014 with a fractured fibula, but with a healthy season in 2015, it wouldn't be a surprise if he competes with Michigan State's Connor Cook, Penn State's Christian Hackenberg and Ohio State's passers for the top quarterback in the Big Ten.

--Dane Brugler (9/5/15)

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams blowing smoke ?
They often did in the past, not sure how much stock McVay will place in this. Other than a Center or cross-trained offensive lineman, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams skipped the remainder of the OL this year in the draft, maybe a late pick or UDFA or two. Still, there are a few names I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.
Happy to see the Rams looking at a camp QB taller than 6'0", Lunt could be intriguing, although the following review is quite old :

PLAYER OVERVIEW
An Oklahoma State transfer, Lunt was highly recruited out of high school and sat out the 2013 season due to transfer rules, taking over the starting quarterback duties at Illinois in 2014.

While the statistics look promising (63.5 percent completions, 14:3 touchdown:interception ratio), Lunt underwhelmed in 2014, although he did show the potential to be one of the best passers in the conference.

STRENGTHS: He has pro physical traits with his size, mobility and arm strength that immediately attracts the attention of pro scouts, consistently making NFL throw after NFL throw.

WEAKNESSES: Has yet to show the production or consistency to back up his potential.

IN OUR VIEW: Lunt missed four games in 2014 with a fractured fibula, but with a healthy season in 2015, it wouldn't be a surprise if he competes with Michigan State's Connor Cook, Penn State's Christian Hackenberg and Ohio State's passers for the top quarterback in the Big Ten.

--Dane Brugler (9/5/15)
Interesting. I think the signing of Aaron Murray makes backup qb a luxury though

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Interesting. I think the signing of Aaron Murray makes backup qb a luxury though
I can't see a 6'0" QB like Murray having a chance to make this team. He may have some qualities, but seeing the field well over our giant OL isn't going to be one of them imo. I imagine we'll only carry the two (Goff, Mannion) again this year, but with a new HC, hard to say. Either way, whoever it is, we'll need a 4'th arm for camp.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
  • Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss ..... I've seen a lot of comparisons between he and Redskins TE Jordan Reed Ht:6' 02" | Wt: 236 | ..... what do you guys think? If he is still there in the second round.... does McVay pull the trigger? Thoughts?
Go Rams........ ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
always keep your poker face...

Personally, those are some bad looking linemen....I think I only like 6 of them....for any round.

Those are post-season bowl game visits. They don't mean a lot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't see a 6'0" QB like Murray having a chance to make this team. He may have some qualities, but seeing the field well over our giant OL isn't going to be one of them imo. I imagine we'll only carry the two (Goff, Mannion) again this year, but with a new HC, hard to say. Either way, whoever it is, we'll need a 4'th arm for camp.
Seems to be similar to Colt McCoy in stature and arm strength. I think he's camp fodder as well but you never know

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems to be similar to Colt McCoy in stature and arm strength. I think he's camp fodder as well but you never know

Yeah gotta hope that Mannion wins that backup job. I mean he's lumbering/slow footed but smart so if he picks up the offense quickly I have to think he's a clearly better backup since he does have a good arm. But competition is good.