Rams play first ever game in Twickenham Stadium next season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Week 7 next season, the Rams play one NFC east opponent(TBD) in London. Who's up for a road trip? Well, an air trip.

FRO

Legend
I think it's bogus to give up one of your 8 home games to play overseas unless every other team gives up one of theirs too.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'll definitely do my best to see this one! Last time the Rams played in London, my daughter was due - this time there's no chance of that!

Will try and catch up with you guys :)

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams to host an as yet to be announced NFC East opponent at Twickers next season my friends.

I hope to see you all make the journey!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Balls how did I miss this......sorry!

I'm quite pleased it at Twickers as I've never been (have zero interest in rugby). Not sure it's the easiest stadium to get to though.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not, but the Twickers one looks decent!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Hmmmmm very interesting. Might have to drag myself to the big smoke. Whereabouts in London is Twickenham?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tubsy, it's south west London.

Trains go out of Waterloo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So the Rams are going to the UK again, eh?
Question. Why are they the home team?
Further, why is anyone the home team over there?

Irish

Starter
It is a weird thing, isn't it? On one hand, you want the Rams brand to be global because it means the team will be stronger.

However, you are dealing with what is probably the nastiest quagmire in a home market in the entire league. If the team plays in St. Louis next year (which is doubtful), this is easily perceived as another jab at a tortured fan base. If the team plays in LA like most believe will be the case, you are selling seasons tickets in a brand new market for only 7 home regular season games, not 8. If you are building a new fan base in LA, this seems counter productive in year one of a new move. It's like getting into a brand committed relationship with someone, but agreeing that one weekend they can go and screw around with someone else in the FIRST YEAR OF DATING.

This organization and league makes no sense sometimes... Tone deaf and oblivious are words that come to mind.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams are going to the UK again, eh?
Question. Why are they the home team?
Further, why is anyone the home team over there?
Larger share of the revenue, which will be larger than a home game. As to the Patriots always being away the NFL rules on these games say you can only go every three years as a home team. But you can be a road team there for three straight years.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My pal @RamzFanz better be coming over for this. Get out in that uber cab and get saving. Fuck it just drive the thing all the way over here!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This is the answer to London games. Shorten preseason and add 1 or 2 more regular season games for each team as foreign games. Either one game in London, or one game in London and one in Mexico City.

Having a market lose one home game when they are putting up money to build stadiums is just not good.