Rams pick up Damian Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Ex Tenn Titan, SC player? Not a bad player, but not a game breaker either...just a body...JAG....

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would rather have an oline pick up, and not too happy about him being another early fisher pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I happen to be a Pettis convert. His hands were incredible, despite some drops recently.

But, I think he burned a bridge we don't know about.
Must have.
The guy already knows the offense, is solid in the red zone and catches darn near everything.

It's a shame. I like Pettis.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
To go from game hero to cut in just a few games, it must have been a huge fire he used to burn that bridge. And no one has picked him up? No one?

At least Damian Williams has caught some NFL TD's.... With only 4 other WR's he'll get his chance.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I happen to be a Pettis convert. His hands were incredible, despite some drops recently.

But, I think he burned a bridge we don't know about.

Beginning to wonder if Pettis didn't get popped on another PED test. That's purely speculation on my part, but when you consider that the guy does have value as a possession receiver and red zone target, you'd think somebody would have picked him up by now.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wonder what the Buc's were asking for Vincent Jackson? It's sort of topical since the Rams did a trade with them and also picked up a WR.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Veltung, Blake...two guys that showed promise from our practice squad. Yet we go to a retread from the past....

Sigh.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...amian-williams-promote-og-brandon-washington/

Rams sign WR Damian Williams, promote OG Brandon Washington
Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 29, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwjlndyxy2q5nme2zjbhngfkzjk3odiwztu2ogq5mjzh-e1414632418654.jpeg
AP

The Rams added some pass catching and offensive line depth Wednesday, signing wide receiver Damian Williams and offensive guard Brandon Washington.

To open the roster spots, the Rams placed wide receiver Brian Quick on injured reserve and waived rookie defensive back Jemea Thomas.

The moves were announced in the NFL’s transactions.

The 26-year-old Williams has a connection to Rams head coach Jeff Fisher; the Titans took Williams in Round Three in 2010, Fisher’s final year with Tennessee. Williams (6-1, 200) has caught 107 passes for 1,327 yards and five touchdowns in five NFL seasons.

A USC and Arkansas product, Williams was waived by Miami on Saturday. His addition keeps the Rams at five wide receivers after Quick’s season-ending shoulder injury.

Washington (6-2, 320) has spent parts of the last three seasons on the Rams’ practice squad, and he appeared in the club’s 2013 season finale. The 26-year-old Washington was a sixth-round pick of Philadelphia in 2012 out of Miami (Fla.).

Washington’s promotion comes with former starting left guard Greg Robinson moving to left tackle to replace Jake Long, who suffered a season-ending ACL tear on Sunday.

rams2050

Starter
Well, whatever the reason Pettis was dropped by the Rams it must be fairly common knowledge throughout the league; otherwise, another team surely would have signed him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wonder what the Buc's were asking for Vincent Jackson? It's sort of topical since the Rams did a trade with them and also picked up a WR.
I doubt the Rams could afford the CAP hit on VJ. Even with near 1/2 the season gone, his CAP hit would be $5.mil +

I'm guessing they are sticking with the youth movement anyway. jmo.

jjab360

Legend
Well, whatever the reason Pettis was dropped by the Rams it must be fairly common knowledge throughout the league; otherwise, another team surely would have signed him.
I don't know, I don't think Pettis is really that highly regarded throughout the league. He's extremely limited athletically for a WR and the one thing he was supposed to be known for, his hands, completely failed him on two clutch opportunities against the Eagles. Teams are probably just inclined to roll with the guys they already have.

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish Fisher would put a fire under his coordinators ass like he does his players. Ironically he's burning his own bridge from this fan base.