Rams Patchwork OL--Geno Atkins in Foles Face

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
With the OL in disarray, Geno Atkins will be all over Foles amd Gurley. He's having a pro bowl year. Not sure what Rams can do, put two HB in backfield?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Very concerned with Rhaney next to Robinson. I would go with Battle at RT and keep Reynolds next to GROB because he needs that veteran next to him IMO. Rhaney did not play well against the Ravens and although they are moving him to LG I have my concerns.

This OL is driving me crazy hoping next year they can draft a center move Robinson inside to LG and maybe Battle or Williams can win the job at LT and then release Saffold as his shoulder can no longer carry the load.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@bubbaramfan

Geno Atkins will be all over Foles amd Gurley. He's having a pro bowl year. Not sure what Rams can do, put two HB in backfield?

Depends...where does he usually play? You could easily slide protection his way or double team the nose....
Strange how these injuries just wipe out a unit? Reminds me of that cb thing a few years ago...Why not allow 60 on a roster? Plenty of money....And dress 50-55 people...having unprepared linemen on the field is dangerous.....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@bubbaramfan

Depends...where does he usually play? You could easily slide protection his way or double team the nose....
Strange how these injuries just wipe out a unit? Reminds me of that cb thing a few years ago...Why not allow 60 on a roster? Plenty of money....And dress 50-55 people...having unprepared linemen on the field is dangerous.....

Exactly. Abolish the practice squads, keep sixty guys on a roster at a time, allow a temporary IR like hockey and allow people to replace their guys if they're not healthy. It's not like teams can't spare the money. It's just an idea that makes sense for everyone.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
They try that with Donald with limited or no success...Atkins is just as good or very close to Donald...Some would say slightly better...At any rate, that would take 2 TEs and and possibly 6 O linemen (OK, I kind of kid on that one) to do that...Without sounding like a dick, I was wondering if Gurley's numbers might have been really skewed by the big runs he had in each of his 100+ games..That has been the case the last 3 games...Obviously loading up the box makes a huge difference and again obviously they can do that with no fear of a passing game...Obviously (I love that word) I've said absolutely nothing that isn't glaringly obvious... Obviously the Rams need to figure out a way (short of next year's draft) to find a passing game..I don't know, I'm just not at all optimistic at this point that this will happen Sunday , this year, or EVER...The upside possibility is that this is the kind game (that they have no business winning) the Rams have somehow won in the recent past..Sorry this is a horrid post but I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there...Maybe it will be a precursor to some that make me sound like at least an average IQ sluggo...( Right Mike, and Foles might go 18 for 25 with 375 yards aqd 4 TDs...The sun might also burn itself out before Sunday making the outcome of the sun moot)...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
With the OL in disarray, Geno Atkins will be all over Foles amd Gurley. He's having a pro bowl year. Not sure what Rams can do, put two HB in backfield?

Under the circumstances I'm not sure that's a bad idea.