Rams Pass Rush?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I didn't get to see any of the game and am wondering if the Rams got any kind of pass rush today (I thought I read where the Rams Defense had 1 sack and of course in my great football wisdom I predicted they would get seven but at least I was close!). I am beginning to think we may not have to worry about breaking any NFL Sack records this season (But, that is ok as long as they keep winning!).

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Quinn get held on every play and the refs refuse to call it! What can you do?

Alan

Legend
2 games and zero sacks by the D-line. I'm thinking the single season team sack record is safe until next year at least. :(

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Everyone knows we are a great pass rushing team so they are going to play us that way. Quick short passes, screens, running the ball more, etc...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The pass defense in BOTH games has been very good. Giving up 175 yards today and holding Vincent Jackson to 4 catches for 51 yards is a good performance.

As it has been stated, teams just aren't gonna be giving this pass rush the chance to impact the game. Too many quick throws, and so far, so good. Nothing has beaten them deep.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Everyone knows we are a great pass rushing team so they are going to play us that way. Quick short passes, screens, running the ball more, etc...
Yup. But once this team gets a lead, things are gonna get stupid violent.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve

I think our whole defensive line is more that just great passrushers ..... Brockers was held on many plays run and pass.....same with Quinn and Langford. ..... if we don't get a sack or tackle..... we cannot get a call.... it's frustrating. .... but I agree with you on everything. ..lol ;). just frustrated. .. Go Rams. ..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jap

Legend
Yup. But once this team gets a lead, things are gonna get stupid violent.

That's the real key right there---to build a lead sufficiently high that the opponent is forced to become one-dimensional. Then we get to see The Mighty One ransacking the opposing backfield.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Quinn get held on every play and the refs refuse to call it! What can you do?
it was ridiculous. I was watching on my couch with a Skins fan. I kept rewinding plays saying "Can you believe this Shit?!"

Memphis Ram

Legend
The pass defense in BOTH games has been very good. Giving up 175 yards today and holding Vincent Jackson to 4 catches for 51 yards is a good performance.

As it has been stated, teams just aren't gonna be giving this pass rush the chance to impact the game. Too many quick throws, and so far, so good. Nothing has beaten them deep.

I don't like that McCown completed 76.2% of his passes after Cassel completed 68% of his last week, but in the end it's the scoreboard that counts.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Imagine this, our D Line isn't the group we thought was going to dominate from the get go and other position groups are stepping it up. Imagine when they start to 'click' again, wowzers...!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't like that McCown completed 76.2% of his passes after Cassel completed 68% of his last week, but in the end it's the scoreboard that counts.

They are getting the ball out quick, and everything is underneath stuff. With the exception of the one catch by Jackson with Gaines draped all over him, and the last completion to Evans, while they were in their prevent, neither the Vikings last week, or TB today, have done anything to hurt us with their passing game.

Now if you want to talk about the gouging runs they continue to give up.......

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Our d-line is off balance right now. Can't stop the run consistently so they can't play the pass. Donald is a animal that guy is so quick off the snap its crazy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

That is not tough to do with so many short throws in front of the DBs. They have Gaines playing far enough off that it is an automatic 6 yards every play.