Rams News Recap: Nov. 23

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: Austin Happy to Score first TD of the Season
Tavon Austin scored his first touchdown of the season on a 6-yard run midway through the third quarter Sunday. He went in motion on the play, and got the handoff just as he was running past quarterback Shaun Hill.

Bernie: Fisher, Rams Are Stuck in a Cycle of Mediocrity
The elevator opened, and Rams owner Stan Kroenke entered for the ride down to his team’s locker room. He was accompanied by Rams GM Les Snead, chief operating officer Kevin Demoff and a couple of suit-wearing security guys.

Quick Hits: Bernie on the Rams’ Depressing Loss
Some quick postgame thoughts and observations from the Rams’ depressing 27-24 loss to the Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium:

ESPN’s Sunday Blitz: Rams-Chargers Recap –Video

Rams’ Jeff Fisher Stands Behind Play Call –Wagoner
Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams’ 27-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers:

Rams Need QB to go From Mediocrity to Contender –Wagoner
Citing experience, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher did an about-face and named Shaun Hill as his starting quarterback on Nov. 12.

Rapid Reaction: Rams vs Chargers –Wagoner
A few thoughts on the St. Louis Rams’ 27-24 loss to the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium.

Hill Throws Away Rams’ Chance to Win –PD
Defeat came in a bitter dose for the Rams on Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium. With just over a minute to play, the Rams were on the doorstep of the end zone and a dramatic comeback victory over the San Diego Chargers.

Chargers Win Wild Game with Interception on Goal Line –NFL.com
The San Diego Chargers have readied the ship. It wasn’t always pretty, but their 27-24 win over the St. Louis Rams on Sunday was a strong performance against a tricky opponent.

Game Trailer: Rams at Chargers –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Monday game balls
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/13977/morning-ram-blings-monday-game-balls-11

SAN DIEGO -- You know the drill by now.

It's Monday after another interesting week in the NFL. Our 32 ESPN NFL Nation reporters handed out game balls (well, all but the ones who have yet to cover a game this week) for this week's best and brightest.

My personal favorite of the day was that of Indianapolis receiver T.Y. Hilton and not just because he's on my fantasy team (though he is, keep doing your thing, T.Y.). But Hilton also had the day's best touchdown celebration.

As for my choice, I think cornerback Janoris Jenkins was the obvious way to go. Jenkins has struggled a lot this season but his performance Sunday was instrumental in keeping the Rams in the game. He had the 99-yard interception return for a touchdown and forced a fumble with pure effort after getting beat for a big gain by San Diego receiver Keenan Allen.

Had the Rams pulled off the win, especially if receiver Kenny Britt had caught the winning touchdown, I'd have strongly considered him, but Jenkins was the obvious pick here.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Sunday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In Rapid Reaction, I offered quick thoughts and observations on the Rams' latest loss. ... Locker Room Buzz offered Jeff Fisher's thoughts on the end of the game sequence as well as some questionable officiating. ... Here's the video version of game balls with Chargers reporter Eric Williams and I offering our picks. ... Finally, the Rams remain a quarterback away from taking the next step, which we already knew but was reaffirmed Sunday.

Elsewhere:

Williams writes that Chargers running back Ryan Mathews showed up big just in time.

Jim Basquil and Eric Allen break down Sunday's game.

John Clayton sorts through the AFC playoff race in this week's Last Call.

At 101sports.com, Fisher gives his thoughts on another tough defeat.

At stltoday.com, Jeff Gordon hands out his weekly grades.

Jim Thomas breaks down the Rams and the Edward Jones Dome situation.