Rams News Recap: March 30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Are Simplifying Their Defense –PD
The streamlining process currently underway at Rams Park isn’t limited to the offense.

OL Tim Barnes Returns to Rams on One-Year Deal –PD
After paying a free-agent visit Monday to the Kansas City Chiefs, Tim Barnes has decided to stay put on the other side of the state. Barnes, a former University of Missouri player, has agreed to terms on a one-year deal that will keep him with the Rams.

First-Rounders Reign: Draft Origins for Starting NFL QB’s –NFL.com
Every year about this time, a mini-debate begins on the quarterbacks available in the draft.

Should the Eagles Be Worried About Sam Bradford Quitting? –Video

Jim Thomas Talks O-Line and Drafting A QB –Audio

Will Eagles’ Gamble On Bradford Pay Off? –Video

Breaking Down Kenny Britt’s Contract –Wagoner
As is many times the case at this time of year, the initial contract numbers that are released for free agents are bloated beyond their actual value.

Latest Todd McShay Mock Sticks with Receiver to Rams –Wagoner
It’s become common practice around the mock draft game to send a wide receiver to the St. Louis Rams with the No. 10 overall pick.

Rams Mock Draft Roundup: 9th Edition –Simmons
We’re officially one month away form the first round of the NFL draft on April 30, and the mocks are continuing to come on in.

The Six Questions We’d Like to Ask Rams Owner Stan Kroenke –Karraker
David Hunn of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch did a great job of trying to track down Rams owner Stan Kroenke during the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix last week, and wrote about his week in Sunday’s paper

Why Rams Brought Case Keenum Back –Wagoner
Of the many moves the St. Louis Rams made in a dizzying few days to open free agency, perhaps none was as strange as the team’s decision to trade a future draft pick for a quarterback that was on the team’s roster as recently as December of last year.

Morning Ram-blings: What about Stefen Wisniewski? –Wagoner
In their ongoing quest for help on the offensive line, the St. Louis Rams have often been connected to center Stefen Wisniewski, the free agent from the Oakland Raiders.

NFL to Los Angeles in the Fourth Quarter –Video

Mel Kiper Analyzing McShay’s Mock Draft 4.0 –Video

NFL Draft Prospects: Guards Breakdown –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Jerry Jones talks Inglewood project
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...am-blings-jerry-jones-talks-inglewood-project

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- I meant to get this in the Ram-blings sooner but in case it slid under the radar, Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune had a chance to catch up with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones last week in Arizona.

Jones was on my list of owners to speak with but each time I approached him, he told me he'd be available later. Turned out, I missed out on that as I began my travel home. Regardless, as you'd expect from Jones, he didn't hold back when he was quizzed about the latest on the potential for NFL relocation to Los Angeles.

Most eye-catching, though not surprising for anyone paying attention, was this quote:

“That stadium is going to get built," Jones told Acee. "I know that. I don’t know about any others, but that stadium will be built.”

"That" stadium he's referring to is Stan Kroenke's project in Inglewood, California, the one that could be the future home of the St. Louis Rams. The story goes on to cite others speaking on the subject, including a couple I talked to such as league executive Eric Grubman and New York Giants owner John Mara.

The overall sense coming out of the story and the sense I got, as I wrote multiple times last week, is that Kroenke's project is rolling down the tracks and is going to be very difficult for the league to turn down when the time comes. Other owners expressed similar sentiments as well, though not as openly as Jones.

There's still a lot that must take place before any of this becomes official, but it's clear that May's owners meetings should offer further movement.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Monday's St. Louis Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with a look at why center Stefen Wisniewski remains unsigned. ... We then offered Jeff Fisher's explanation on why the Rams brought quarterback Case Keenum back in a trade. ... Todd McShay's fourth mock draft sent a different receiver to the Rams at No. 10. ... Finally, we got a closer look at receiver Kenny Britt's two-year contract with the Rams.

Elsewhere:

Repeating myself but here's another link to Elizabeth Merrill's great read on Missouri pass rusher Shane Ray.

Here's the full version of McShay's mock draft 4.0 courtesy of ESPN Insider.

John Clayton's weekly mailbag starts with a discussion of expanded playoffs being put on hold.

At 101sports.com, Randy Karraker posits six questions he'd like to ask Kroenke.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that the Rams are bringing back center Tim Barnes.