Rams' Jeff Fisher stands behind play call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams4ever

Thank God for you Mok. Running the football was the only option in that situation since it was second down and we had time. If it was fourth and we were down by four I wouldn't second guess the call. It's the most logical thing to do, Hill did his job why put him in that position to make a mistake. This is football 101 when you have a back up who has put his heart and soul into a game he should have won. He only lost due to a terrible call with 3 downs and 50 seconds left in a game. He had the best game I could ask for considering all the penalties, he really hung in there and looks to be a promising QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rams4ever

Who are you calling an apologist? Because I stated a fact? Shaun Hill was brought in here to be Bradford's backup. That has nothing to do with me being anything one way or another.

This type of approach might work on another forum, but not needed here. Shaun Hill was the backup QB, which doesn't make him the 3rd string QB on THIS team. Once Bradford got hurt, he became the starter until he was injured. That Fisher chose to stick with Davis longer than he should, again doesn't make Hill a 3rd string QB.

Lose the name calling. I am no ones apologist.
You didn't answer the question. How many wins does Bradford have for the Rams and was Hill not the 3rd QB we have started this year?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It's the same exact play that we used to run with Pead all the time on the goal line. It gives the QB a lot of options. It's a good play, just a shit throw.

I know it's becoming nauseating to complain about the refs at this point, but that's the story of this game. Those calls are inexcusable. I'm not even mad about the game, because to be honest I was done thinking "maybe 9 wins?" after the Vikings game. The NFL needs to get their shit together though if they want to keep fans. This game is seriously tinkering on the brink of being the NBA now in terms of excitement and credibility. Yawnfest scripted joke of a league ran by millionaires.

Rams4ever

You want to answer the other question? I'm asking for a reason. See why would you want to leave the game hanging in the balance on a lets say a "fresh" QB? I mean, are all players equals in this game or do we have to take into consideration the ability of each player before making a call that can lose the game?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
“The plan was not to just sit there and go incomplete, incomplete and settle for a field goal,” Fisher said. “We were trying to win the game. This was not Shaun’s fault, he got us there. He did a hell of a job on that drive getting us down there. You just hope the ball is thrown away. It’s not and then they make a play.”
Good enough for me. I like the call to go for it, and that's the way it goes sometimes.
Nobody says balls if that's a touchdown pass.
Bank it.

Lesson

Oh, really?
To be honest, though, while I disagree with the playcall, people would have been calling for his head vs Seattle if the fake punt didn't work. Sometimes having huge balls doesn't always work.

Rams4ever

7 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 7 in 2012, 3 in 2013. 18.
Thank you sir, so we would rather have Bradford's back up passing in that situation instead of running the ball with 3 down to score? I don't get it.

Rams4ever

Good enough for me. I like the call to go for it, and that's the way it goes sometimes.
Nobody says balls if that's a touchdown pass.
Bank it.
Actually, I was screaming at my TV begging them to run the ball and not pass it. When I saw it was a passing play I yelled for Hill to not throw it over the middle, then when I saw the slant route I screamed NOOOO! and then some profanities as he released the ball and I watched it go right into the hands of the opposing team. I had no idea that this many people would think that it was a good idea to pass over the middle in that situation. I am shocked more people aren't agreeing with me. Is Fisher your father or something? Where's the love coming from? I wouldn't believe it unless I actually came here to experience it first hand. It makes no sense to pass there and there is no explanation that can justify it. I want to see the Rams win and we lost because on a passing play with 3 downs left on the 5 yard line with 50 seconds left in the game. It doesn't matter what the outcome would have been that's a bad call even in high school football. You run and take the time off the clock and try for a score with a corner route if you don't get it kick the field goal. We were down by 3 not 4? Why am I one of the few that can understand why running is the best option with 3 downs and 50 seconds left in a game your are down by 3 and on the 5 yards line?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thank you sir, so we would rather have Bradford's back up passing in that situation instead of running the ball with 3 down to score? I don't get it.
Bradford's backup is the guy who got them into that goal-to-go situation in the first place. What's the problem?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am shocked more people aren't agreeing with me. Is Fisher your father or something? Where's the love coming from? I wouldn't believe it unless I actually came here to experience it first hand.
Here's an idea. Shut the fuck up with that juvenile shit.
I liked the call, and you didn't. Deal with it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One other thing to address something else stated in this thread:

Going for the win and running the football in that situation are NOT mutually exclusive.

Rams4ever

Here's an idea. Shut the freak up with that juvenile crap.
I liked the call, and you didn't. Deal with it.
You liked the call that lost the game? nice. I'm dealing with it don't worry, I'll be alright. LMAO!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You liked the call that lost the game? nice. I'm dealing with it don't worry, I'll be alright. LMAO!!
I liked the call. It just so happened to have not been executed properly.
You understand the difference, I hope.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hill got too cocky thinking Britt would easily catch it in triple coverage. It happens to most of us when something good happens, you expect the same result just because it's going according to plan (like continuing to gamble after winning huge). Hope he learned his lesson not to be reckless just because a receiver made him look good.