Rams host OT Tyrell Crosby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting considering that young havenstein has been pretty dependable there . Makes you wonder if they aren't willing to pay him long term
Originally Kromer wanted to move Havenstein inside to RG but was unable to find a suitable replacement. Like I said in my post above Snead had discussed drafting OT with the plan to play them early @ OG as they progressed shift them back outside.

I think that Havenstein proved to be a good young NFL Right Tackle for the Rams. I would imagine that of the three starting 2019 UFA's Ram OL'ers that Havenstein would stand the best chance of the three to be retained here after this season. Rams OL needs to be highly talent maintained if Goff is to be successful in the NFL.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
As a Ducks fan, I think Crosby has good upside. The Ducks traditionally haven't really bulked up their linemen NFL style. Bringing Crosby in and have him start off as a reserve RG. Have him hit the weights and diet in NFL fashion, then move him to RT after a year. I just think OLB to replace Quinn is a bigger need.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As a Ducks fan, I think Crosby has good upside. The Ducks traditionally haven't really bulked up their linemen NFL style. Bringing Crosby in and have him start off as a reserve RG. Have him hit the weights and diet in NFL fashion, then move him to RT after a year. I just think OLB to replace Quinn is a bigger need.

He is very athletic ! Does need to bulk up .

Old school was thinking 3rd rd , so yes The Rams would use #23 else where ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Originally Kromer wanted to move Havenstein inside to RG but was unable to find a suitable replacement. Like I said in my post above Snead had discussed drafting OT with the plan to play them early @ OG as they progressed shift them back outside.

I think that Havenstein proved to be a good young NFL Right Tackle for the Rams. I would imagine that of the three starting 2019 UFA's Ram OL'ers that Havenstein would stand the best chance of the three to be retained here after this season. Rams OL needs to be highly talent maintained if Goff is to be successful in the NFL.

Big Rob has had foot/ankle problems. I’m not sure where things stand right now as far as the Offensive Line ? I have a post I’ll go back to as far as my concerns are though.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Various draft boards have Crosby in the top 40 players in the draft. Most have him rated in the top 6 tackles. Not sure he will be on the board at 87, perhaps a sign the rams could trade down and pick up a pick at the end of 2nd or top of the 3rd round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I definitely don't think it is a given that both Havenstein and Brown are retained next year. O linemen are needed by most every team, and are paid huge amounts in free agency if teams think they are good. Playing on the Rams and being coached by Kromer may be making both look better than they actually are. So Snead has to prepare for it.

I don't see Crosby as a top 40 talent, but he could go that early I guess because there is a league wide shortage of starting caliber Olinemen. In a deeper OLine draft, he'd be available in round 3.

Ram65

Legend
Interesting considering that young havenstein has been pretty dependable there . Makes you wonder if they aren't willing to pay him long term

Rams are preparing for Havenstein to become a free agent. After seeing the free agent market explode I think he will test his value. I mentioned to you before that resigning him and Saffold this year would be a good move. Unfortunately, Rams likely don't have the money after signing Suh.

I definitely don't think it is a given that both Havenstein and Brown are retained next year. O linemen are needed by most every team, and are paid huge amounts in free agency if teams think they are good. Playing on the Rams and being coached by Kromer may be making both look better than they actually are. So Snead has to prepare for it.

I don't see Crosby as a top 40 talent, but he could go that early I guess because there is a league wide shortage of starting caliber Olinemen. In a deeper OLine draft, he'd be available in round 3.

We agree on the preparing with influx of new offensive lineman. Rams may have to move up in round 3 to get Crosby. I wasn't on board with taking O Line in round three but, Crosby could give Brown or even Havenstein some competition. Then be ready to take over next year savings some cap money.

Ants

Starter
From the little I've seen of him, Crosby seems to really "go after it" where run blocking is concerned. He seems fine with pass protection as well, but like I said...I've only seen a small sample size.
Overall, he looks to be an aggressive and agile player.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Crosby sounds like a run blocker but a project when it comes to pass protection. And maybe not a candidate at LOT.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tyrell-crosby?id=2559836

BOTTOM LINE
Crosby won't be a favorite of evaluators looking for a pretty tackle who wins with athleticism and technique, but he will appeal to teams who covet size, length and strength as he puts big checkmarks in those boxes. Crosby is a bulldozing right tackle prospect who can generate good movement in the run game, but he still needs to prove he has enough foot quickness and technique to sit on an island and handle quality pass rushers. He has NFL starting talent but his draft stock will be strongly influenced by how he performs at the Senior Bowl and Combine.-Lance Zierlein

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Crosby is very intriguing to me as a prospect. I'd put him in the top 7 -10 easily as an OT prospect, based on his movement. He was one of a few who stood out in the combine to me, with his movement skills. Not sold, but there is something to work with.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I LOVE the idea of Crosby at #87. I think it's realistic too that he'd be there. It depends on which mock/expert you believe.

The idea of re-signing ALL 3 FAs from the OL is a pipe dream. It is best to prepare for losing 1 or more of those guys. As it stands right now, who would YOU go after if you were a GM? I think Havs would be the guy.
Best to be prepared.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I LOVE the idea of Crosby at #87. I think it's realistic too that he'd be there. It depends on which mock/expert you believe.

The idea of re-signing ALL 3 FAs from the OL is a pipe dream. It is best to prepare for losing 1 or more of those guys. As it stands right now, who would YOU go after if you were a GM? I think Havs would be the guy.
Best to be prepared.

I'd try to keep all. If I can't, I'd let Saffold walk. He's the oldest. I think we need to be preparing for life after Whitworth ASAP. He might opt to retire after 2018 if we win the Super Bowl. There's also the possibility that he hits that wall that all older players eventually hit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd try to keep all. If I can't, I'd let Saffold walk. He's the oldest. I think we need to be preparing for life after Whitworth ASAP. He might opt to retire after 2018 if we win the Super Bowl. There's also the possibility that he hits that wall that all older players eventually hit.

It just makes good football sense to build depth on the OLine !!

This is the season because of the gap. I’m not sold on everyone right now .

Crosby imhasnvalue with The Sams pick . I like the NC OT better though.

Dude from Humblot needs to to get bigger ! Might be worth the pick .

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It just makes good football sense to build depth on the OLine !!

This is the season because of the gap. I’m not sold on everyone right now .

Crosby imhasnvalue with The Sams pick . I like the NC OT better though.

Dude from Humblot needs to to get bigger ! Might be worth the pick .
TBH any of the Tackles you draft this year need work. Most at best, even the ones that will be drafted high, need work and likely are RT or swings. If you take one of these you hope to develop the LT skills but could settle for them being a backup or manning the right side. Parker has his own issues to work through as do Crosby, Weatherby, Christian whom I also like, Paris, Jones-Smith and Cappa to name a few that could be 3rd-6th rounders.