Rams heavily scouting QBs at Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Bottom line is with QBs you are throwing darts at the board because of the need to project so many of these guys.

Will they do the mental work in the film room. Are they smart enough. Can they make quick enough decisions at this level. Can they diagnose what defenses are doing.

The fact is that supply and demand along with importance of the position means a team without one should roll the dice every season until they find one.

If you sit back stoically and refuse to reach at all on a QB your chances of getting one drop dramatically. Like Gretzky said the only shots you are sure to miss are those you never take.

It is a crapshoot regardless so pick one and take him where you think you need to. IMO.

If the plan is to stick with the traditional pocket passer model, there have got to be coaches/personnel types that can help improve a team's odds in finding their guy(s). I'd really love for the Rams to hire Mike Martz as a consultant or something and let him weed through these draft classes.

jap

Legend
If the plan is to stick with the traditional pocket passer model, there have got to be coaches/personnel types that can help improve a team's odds in finding their guy(s). I'd really love for the Rams to hire Mike Martz as a consultant or something and let him weed through these draft classes.

With Mad Mike grilling them, QB prospects will either toughen up quickly (e.g., Kurt, Bulger), or he will have them close to tears (Joe Germaine).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Seems like Brett Hundley was right staying away from Mobile might have just increased his stock with everyone looking bad. God IMO not sure if I would draft anyone of these guys with the exception of Brandon Bridge based on possible upside alone.

Rams need to be very careful here they need to find an alternative in case Bradford knee does not hold out. So many posts about Glennon sure hope he winds up in horns because what else is out there?

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I still think Carden will be a RAM somehow , someway. Sorry to those who hate his hitch in his giddyup. Had a few good drives when he played and I personally like jim the most overall for our developmental QB. Reminds me a little bit of Kurt Warner in taking a hit and just throws a catchable ball . Nothin fancy . Does'nt just go to first read and I like his attitude and he has escape ability as we build our line. With just 3 practices the defense will always be ahead and I did'nt see much great line blocking to brag on and I know every guy playing and watching them all and kinda dissapointed for the guy we may get. Many were no shows in some FSU guys and Scherff from Iowa. We need Center & right guard and if Barksdale won't resign we may need ORT too. Surely we fill one of those spots in FA. GO RAMS

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still think Carden will be a RAM somehow , someway. Sorry to those who hate his hitch in his giddyup.

It's not only the hitch in his giddyup (love the old school analogy, but that's more for running;)) but, he's also on the wrong side of 6'2. But he is a leader and with his attitude I don't think he'll feel the NFL stage will be too big for him.

Last edited: