1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams have likely lost LA to Raiders

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by bdfitz, Jan 7, 2017.

1. bdfitz

UDFA
    Expand Collapse

According to LATimes writer Bill Plaschke he's done a complete 180 and is throwing the entire Rams organization under the bus in favor of the Raiders and going so far as to implore the NFL powers that be to simply allow the Raiders to move to the LA coliseum and make LA their permanent home, eventually to share Kroenke's new stadium in Inglewood. Basically, because, in his mind LA belongs to the Raiders and the Raiders belong in LA.

The Rams had one chance and one year to hold the gift of LA in their hands and fend off the Chargers or Raiders or at least dominate the market if joined by a 2nd team. Now it appears they will be 2nd fiddle, tenants in their own stadium, second banana to whatever team co-exists in LA. Kroenke may as well drink the breakfast of champions because the Raiders just ate his lunch. Even if the Raiders move to Las Vegas it appears he's lost the cIty of Angels to the Raiders. When avid Rams supporters like Plaschke start singing the praises of a team 400 miles away as the hometown favorite, London may become more than a pied-a-terre for the Rams.

It sickens me to see what Fisher, Snead, and Demoff have done to this team in 5 years. The Giants rebuilt their D into a dominant unit in one off season via free agency and a little help from the Lambs. With no draft picks to speak of for the next two years and no QB on the roster better than Mannion, Snead better get busy or Kroenke may as well move the Rams to London and rent out the City Of Champions to the Raiders & Chargers. Plaschke even made an odd reference to the election with the "Autumn that everything changed". Translation: All bets are off.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-raiders-chargers-plaschke-20170105-story.html

• Different Opinion Different Opinion x 2
  2. FRO

FRO
    Legend
    Expand Collapse

I'm not from LA, but it seems to me that the Raiders always had the most LA support from the fans. The owners didn't want the Raiders in LA because of Davis. The Chargers have little to no LA support, but the league seems intent to move them there. To me the league appears to be butchering the whole LA situation. I don't think the league should put 2 teams in LA.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Selassie I

H. I. M.
    Expand Collapse

Stupid article. The raiduhs are not moving to LA.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK
    Expand Collapse

Plaschke suck my big ball sack you pos.

• Like Like x 4
    • HaHaHa HaHaHa x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 1
  5. jrry32

Legend
    Expand Collapse

Plaschke is full of manure, as always.

If the Rams win, the city will support them. If the Rams lose, they won't. That's pretty typical. There is no "winning" or "losing" LA because this isn't a game. There isn't a winner or a loser. There isn't even an ending. The "battle" will start anew every year.

• Like Like x 11
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 2
  6. LoyalRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

LA only liked the Raiders after they won a Super Bowl there....Fans will support a good product on the field, so eff the LATimes.

• Like Like x 6
  7. HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, look at the Clippers in comparison to the Lakers there for a while and it still seemed like the Clippers were playing from behind despite being ahead in standings and quality.

It doesn't pay to get behind in LA.

8. jrry32

Legend
    Expand Collapse

The Clippers have averaged 100+% attendance in each of the past 6 years (source: ESPN). The Lakers haven't posted better attendance numbers than the Clippers since the 2010-2011 season.

Like I said, it's all about establishing a winning product. If you do that, the city will be behind you 110%.

• Like Like x 4
  9. FRO

FRO
    Legend
    Expand Collapse

That being said if both teams are good then the Lakers are the team. You're right that it starts every year. Maybe competition in the market will do Rams fans good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
    Expand Collapse

Yawn. LA and the Rams will be fine.

That said...

Any city will do that.

The BEST measure is how well will a city support you during consecutive down years? This isn't a critique of LA, but I think most understand it will be more fickle than most.

The bottom 2 teams filling their stadiums? San Diego and Oakland.

Imagine that.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

• Like Like x 6
  11. jrry32

Legend
    Expand Collapse

The Lakers made the playoffs in 2011 and 2012. The Clippers still had better attendance those years.

12. OldSchool

Legend
    ROD Credit | 2016 Richest Members
    Expand Collapse

I love the stupidity of Plachke and others. There was an article written for the St Louis PD linked on reddit yesterday claiming LA turned off the NFL and rejected the Rams. The NFL had a drop in TV ratings of 8%. Yet Los Angeles only had a 3.6% drop. The author completely ignored the fact that ratings were down less in LA than the rest of the country. Not to mention the fact that there were 80K+ people at a game live half the year. The Rams had a bad year on the field and it seems like it's happy hunting season to talk smack about them, their fans and the city they play in.

• Like Like x 7
  13. -X-

-X-
    I'm the Dude, man.
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Gaining a new appreciation for Bernie now. He was at least an apologist for a few years before turning rabid on the Organization.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 12intheBox

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Home Page:
    It is laughable to expect anyone to pay to attend games like we saw this year or even to watch them on TV. The 2016 Rams would have lacked support in any market in the world. It was never an STL thing or an LA thing - both are more than capable fan bases to support a team. The Rams just stunk and most people don't like to support a stinker.

Still, there is an element here that matters. If a second team comes to LA - new football fans there will be choosing a team to get behind - many people never switch once they have chosen. Wouldn be a hard sell to convince someone to choose the Rams when another team is there for a taking.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OldSchool

Legend
    Expand Collapse

Very true, I think though that people forget all fans are fickle not just LA. Most of us have been around long enough to remember down times and empty stands on game day for every team.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ram65

Rams Time To Turn It Around
    Expand Collapse

Teams have to win. LA loves a winner. Win and you win the LA crowd.

• Like Like x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  17. thirteen28

I like pizza.
    Expand Collapse

Same guy that said Snead would be gone last Sunday ... sounds like somebody putting out click bait.

• Like Like x 5
    • High Five High Five x 1
  18. Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
    Expand Collapse

A hop, skip and a commute from Qwest Field
    This will not help you.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
    Expand Collapse

" Pure Unadulterated Bull Do-Do!!" Another Reporter Trying to make a name for himself by bashing the Rams! It stuff like this that stopped me from reading L.A. Times Sports decades ago!!:puke:I NEVER FELT LIKE THE RAIDERS BELONGED IN L.A.!! I always thought they belonged in Oakland!

• Like Like x 1
  20. den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
    Expand Collapse

After the Raiders get shut out today, that opinion will change and this is just another way of stroking the fire for the Rams to get their act together and I'm okay with that. If you win, they will come and all you have to do is win, it's not Rocket Science, but if the Rams hire Matt Patricia, then it is!

• Like Like x 4