Rams claim Marqui Christian from Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
practice squad players are still considered free agents considering they can be signed by any team at almost any time. I'm pretty sure you cant claim someone off waivers just to make them a free agent, so I'm 99% sure hes going to be on the 53 man roster not the practice squad, meaning they will need to cut someone.

As for the player himself, seems like a perfect backup for Barron

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, this doesn't address Club A (Cards) releasing a player from the active 53 man roster (which he was on), causing him to become a free agent and then picked up on waivers by Club B (Rams) prior to Club A (Cards) signing him to the practice squad.

Sooooooo, to my laymen way of thinking, he can go straight to the PS of the Rams and we have to drop one of our PS players.

But what do I know. I just apply logic and sometimes that's not logical.

If the Rams put in a waiver claim on him (and it sounds like they did), they signed him to the active roster. In order to sign him to the practice squad, he has to clear waivers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he could stick around for awhile. We could use some depth at safety. And he has a skill-set we value. Plus, he's a fast guy who likes to hit.(special teams value)

I have full trust in Williams' judgment. If he keeps the kid around more than a few weeks we might have something.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Soooo who do we cut?

Keep in mind too we are getting Coop and Spruce back also. A lot of interesting decisions to be made.

Cough *Sensasux and Quick anyone?! Cough*

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soooo who do we cut?

Keep in mind too we are getting Coop and Spruce back also. A lot of interesting decisions to be made.

Come on, man. We're not supposed to do that. But if we're going to do it, Sucksabaugh is a much better nickname. ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Soooo who do we cut?

I'm guessing Littleton. They're already thin enough at safety, and at CB they can't mess around until they know Gaines is healthy, i.e. plays in a game or two without setback.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Soooo who do we cut?

It looks like we cut Isaiah Johnson, per CBS Sports.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
You Quick haters make me laugh. If you keep wishing one day it will come true:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif
Jared, please step into my office for a moment, and bring your playbook...
~Fish

FrankenRam

Starter
With a couple of DB's already on the PS I wonder what's up!

'Hybrid safety that can play in the box'....

To me, that reads like they may be looking at him as another Mark Barron / MO Alexander type....and just taking a flyer to see if he's got the chops to possibly fit in that role.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wait! He was cut. The Rams picked him up and placed him on their PS.

If he's placed on the PS, then technically the Cards can take him off our PS and put him on their 53 active roster. Right?
We have to keep him for 3 weeks, even if someone else signs him.
Or so it says.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
'Hybrid safety that can play in the box'....

To me, that reads like they may be looking at him as another Mark Barron / MO Alexander type....and just taking a flyer to see if he's got the chops to possibly fit in that role.
Probably, and the more the merrier. Joyner and MO played some SAM against the Bucs, so adding more guys who can play multiple roles like that give us that much more flexibility.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams: welcome aboard son, no you don't get a locker, proceed to the film room and divulge your secrets.
Funny, Vegas now has the Cards at 5 point dogs! just kidding.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just did some light trolling on the Card's board about the film room visit...They seem to like the kid, and was talked up in the summer...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The Los Angeles Rams placed S Isaiah Johnson on waivers Wednesday to make room for S Marqui Christian, who was claimed off of waivers, according to Howard Balzer.

Johnson, 24, originally signed on with the Lions as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech back in May of last year. He lasted just a few months in Detroit before he was waived and later signed to the Lions’ practice squad.

Detroit once again elected to cut Johnson coming out of the preseason and he later caught on with the Rams and signed to their practice squad. Los Angeles just promoted him to their active roster last week.

Johnson has yet to appear in an NFL game

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-waive-s-isaiah-johnson/

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Los Angeles Rams placed S Isaiah Johnson on waivers Wednesday to make room for S Marqui Christian, who was claimed off of waivers, according to Howard Balzer.

Johnson, 24, originally signed on with the Lions as an undrafted free agent out of Georgia Tech back in May of last year. He lasted just a few months in Detroit before he was waived and later signed to the Lions’ practice squad.

Detroit once again elected to cut Johnson coming out of the preseason and he later caught on with the Rams and signed to their practice squad. Los Angeles just promoted him to their active roster last week.

Johnson has yet to appear in an NFL game

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-waive-s-isaiah-johnson/
it'd be real comical if the cards picked him up