Rams claim Marqui Christian from Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams: welcome aboard son, no you don't get a locker, proceed to the film room and divulge your secrets.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
christian.jpg

The Cardinals wanted to re-sign rookie safety Marqui Christian to their practice squad after cutting their 2016 fifth-round pick on Tuesday. Their next opponent and NFC West rival didn’t give them the chance.

The Los Angeles Rams, who visit University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday, picked Christian off the waiver wire Wednesday, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson.

Arizona head coach Bruce Arians said Tuesday during his interview with Sirius XM NFL that the team hoped to add Christian, a hard-hitting 5-foot-10, 196 pound safety out of Midwestern State, back onto the practice squad.

Christian was viewed as a hybrid safety who could play in the box but also had the speed to play in pass coverage. Cardinals scout and former safety Adrian Wilson was credited with persuading general manager Steve Keim to pick him 167th overall in the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://arizonasports.com/story/844997/marqui-christian-signs-rams-waivers/

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With a couple of DB's already on the PS I wonder what's up!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
But he does go straight to the 53 man roster, right?

No, wait, he was cut from a 53 roster and was a free agent. We didn't pick him up off of a practice squad.

I just love thinking out loud sometimes. It clears my brain.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams: welcome aboard son, no you don't get a locker, proceed to the film room and divulge your secrets.

I think he could stick around for awhile. We could use some depth at safety. And he has a skill-set we value. Plus, he's a fast guy who likes to hit.(special teams value)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure we have to cut someone to make room for him don't we? If we claim him he goes to the 53

JerseyRam1

Rookie
IDK much about him, but a hard hitting safety that can play in the box sounds like a great special teams prospect. May also be able to play in a "flex LB" role, like Barron potentially on the other side??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Section 5. Active List: If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53- player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time.

If the player is terminated from Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s Practice Squad, he shall continue to count on the club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List but shall not count against the eight-player Practice Squad limit until the three-game requirement has been fulfilled.

If a player is terminated prior to the completion of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s Practice Squad or is signed or assigned to another club’s 53-player roster or Practice Squad, any salary (as that term is defined in Article XXIV, Section 1(c)) that he receives from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset against the three weeks salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just took a peek at the cardinals forums. Apparently a lot of people were high on him before the season and he looks to have potential. Their fans are mad about this bc they wasted the 5th rnd pick. Even if he is a project, looks like a steal to me.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Section 5. Active List: If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53- player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time.

If the player is terminated from Club B’s 53-player roster and signed to Club B’s Practice Squad, he shall continue to count on the club’s 53-player Active/Inactive List but shall not count against the eight-player Practice Squad limit until the three-game requirement has been fulfilled.

If a player is terminated prior to the completion of the three-game period and is signed to Club B’s Practice Squad or is signed or assigned to another club’s 53-player roster or Practice Squad, any salary (as that term is defined in Article XXIV, Section 1(c)) that he receives from any NFL club applicable to the three-game period shall be an offset against the three weeks salary that he is entitled to receive from Club B.

Okay, this doesn't address Club A (Cards) releasing a player from the active 53 man roster (which he was on), causing him to become a free agent and then picked up on waivers by Club B (Rams) prior to Club A (Cards) signing him to the practice squad.

Sooooooo, to my laymen way of thinking, he can go straight to the PS of the Rams and we have to drop one of our PS players.

But what do I know. I just apply logic and sometimes that's not logical.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Saw where Dee Miliner was released by the Jets. Wonder where he ends up?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Okay, this doesn't address Club A (Cards) releasing a player from the active 53 man roster (which he was on), causing him to become a free agent and then picked up on waivers by Club B (Rams) prior to Club A (Cards) signing him to the practice squad.

Sooooooo, to my laymen way of thinking, he can go straight to the PS of the Rams and we have to drop one of our PS players.

But what do I know. I just apply logic and sometimes that's not logical.
Don't ask me. I was trying to confuse everyone with the written rules while I slid out of the room pretending I knew what it meant.

Drat.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Wait! He was cut. The Rams picked him up and placed him on their PS.

If he's placed on the PS, then technically the Cards can take him off our PS and put him on their 53 active roster. Right?