Rams Checking Out QB Shane Carden

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This is per PD

He has the tools, for sure. Wish he threw a more consistent spiral but we've overcome that before. ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum. I totally forgot this was here.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum. I totally forgot this was here.

No shite....
I have no idea why these are seperate forums - I totally forget about it as well and there are some great topics here

Aside from that, thanks for the post I'm gonna go check this kid out now

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This guy doesn't look like he can play....Not sure what he ran at E. Carolina, but his arm is garbage...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No shite....
I have no idea why these are seperate forums - I totally forget about it as well and there are some great topics here

Aside from that, thanks for the post I'm gonna go check this kid out now
Established quite a while ago. If you want to discuss the draft and college players, you know right where to find it. Some of it was based on requests and some was due to early in the season, it was irritating people that there were a bunch of draft posts in the regular Rams section. Personally, I think it is cleaner this way. Much like having an Off Topic forum where you can talk about non-sports stuff like soccer :whistle: and a General Sports section where you can talk about things like rugby.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Established quite a while ago. If you want to discuss the draft and college players, you know right where to find it. Some of it was based on requests and some was due to early in the season, it was irritating people that there were a bunch of draft posts in the regular Rams section. Personally, I think it is cleaner this way. Much like having an Off Topic forum where you can talk about non-sports stuff like soccer :whistle: and a General Sports section where you can talk about things like rugby.

totally get it -- during the season,

but in the off-season not really

here is a good example of why i think during the off-season they should merge:
this morning there is a nice post by Dewey today about what we think our ideal O-Line will be for 2015
http://ramsondemand.com/threads/your-ideal-2015-rams-o-line.34867/

But it draft picks all over the thing, like I said my ideal line would have 2 draft picks. So it's just kinda odd in some sense that you can discuss draft picks on the meat and potatoes board but it has to be framed in such a way (as DCH did) that it includes references to the actual team,

Anyway, my point is only that there are draft discussions going on int he meat and potatoes board and during the off-season it makes absolutely no sense to separate them since it is the OFF SEASON and that's all us freaks discuss

What ends up happening is that people like us forget it even exits, or consider it a tertiary topic on the Rams when it is actually the #1 topic.

Otherwise we are left to discuss Tom Brady cheating all day.

* on the general sports stuff it makes total sense, us soccer freaks get it, not everyone wants to talk Arsene Wenger transfer policy, but we are talking Rams football and that is not apples and oranges but apples and apples

Anyway thanks for listening my RamFan503, just my two cents

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I watched all the highlights i could on this kid and didn't see one snap under center.
I hope he, like Petty, figure it out in a hurray

p.s. he does have an ugly spiral

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

this morning there is a nice post by Dewey today about what we think our ideal O-Line will be for 2015

But it draft picks all over the thing, like I said my ideal line would have 2 draft picks. So it's just kinda odd in some sense that you can discuss draft picks on the meat and potatoes board but it has to be framed in such a way (as DCH did) that it includes references to the actual team,

Anyway, my point is only that there are draft discussions going on int he meat and potatoes board and during the off-season it makes absolutely no sense to separate them since it is the OFF SEASON and that's all us freaks discuss

What ends up happening is that people like us forget it even exits, or consider it a tertiary topic on the Rams when it is actually the #1 topic.

* on the general sports stuff it makes total sense, us soccer freaks get it, not everyone wants to talk Arsene Wenger transfer policy, but we are talking Rams football and that is not apples and oranges but apples and apples

I'm sure we'll be discussing it again. But as the draft gets nearer, it would be hard to find the non-draft Rams threads amongst all the mocks and draft so and so threads. Not sure that would be a better solution. Personally, I tend to like it a little cleaner. But then I am having to read pretty much everything that gets posted so...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see what anyone would see in Carden. Not that any of the other QBs at the Sr. Bowl are that impressive either but so far I thought he was the worst of the bunch.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
other than the top 2, cardale jones is about the best qb out there. the first two arent worth the loss of picks to trade up for , and cardale is staying in school (and isnt ready for the NFL , ......yet). not really wowed by this years qb class. someone may step up and surprise, i just dont see it at the moment.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see what anyone would see in Carden. Not that any of the other QBs at the Sr. Bowl are that impressive either but so far I thought he was the worst of the bunch.

He's basically Austin Davis.

Athos

Legend
If the QB can't throw a tight spiral, I want nothing to do with him.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Dude instead of hitting a thread hit the NEW POST button. It combines all new post since your last visit

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Dude instead of hitting a thread hit the NEW POST button. It combines all new post since your last visit

Hey Rabid Ram, thanks for the technical input - now just for clarification are you saying there is a feature on this forum that somehow combines all the new posts so I don't have to go from one forum to the other? that would be rad -let me know thanks!

edit: oh wait - i see it!!! DUDE nice
thanks man!!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carden looks like a combo of a right handed tim Tebow (throwing wise) and Philip rivers on his worst day.