Rams Addiction Podcast, Episode 81: We Fixed That

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Good stuff as usual guys.

I'm glad you guys are just as mystified about the RB situation as I am. I can't wait to see how this situation develops over the season. Deja vu with the D. Richardson scenario. Runs great for a whole season and then he's history.

I notice you're not posting a link to your site anymore. Why? Don't you want the traffic?

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit

I'm glad you guys are just as mystified about the RB situation as I am. I can't wait to see how this situation develops over the season. Deja vu with the D. Richardson scenario. Runs great for a whole season and then he's history.

I notice you're not posting a link to your site anymore. Why? Don't you want the traffic?

Stacy and Cunningham are good but Tre... :) dude looks awesome. 5.7 YPC so far.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I hate that they keep running TA up the middle. It's reckless. I'd feed him the ball too, but up the middle? Get creative with him.

Donald is amazing. I didn't realize GW had dialed back the blitzes that much. Nice.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz jumping the gun:
Stacy and Cunningham are good but Tre... :) dude looks awesome. 5.7 YPC so far.
Yes. Looks good so far but it's one game. Stacy has a much larger body of work and everybody was happy with his abilities a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure you probably referred to him as awesome too. :LOL: Also, something else to consider is that Stacy never had GRob run blocking for him. Although he did have Joseph.

The other thing I still haven't heard anything about is his pass blocking. Isn't that what kept him off the field and even the game roster? Was he not on the field when we were going to pass? I haven't been able to watch the game that closely so I don't have the answers to those questions but who loses their jobs because they get injured and are out for two weeks? I just don't get their thought processes here.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Alan. The "CLICK HERE for show notes" links to our site.

Alan

Legend
ramsaddiction hitting me in the head with a hammer:
Thanks Alan. The "CLICK HERE for show notes" links to our site.
:LOL: Thanks, my bad.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes. Looks good so far but it's one game. Stacy has a much larger body of work and everybody was happy with his abilities a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure you probably referred to him as awesome too. :LOL: Also, something else to consider is that Stacy never had GRob run blocking for him. Although he did have Joseph.

The other thing I still haven't heard anything about is his pass blocking. Isn't that what kept him off the field and even the game roster? Was he not on the field when we were going to pass? I haven't been able to watch the game that closely so I don't have the answers to those questions but who loses their jobs because they get injured and are out for two weeks? I just don't get their thought processes here.

Unlike the QBs, Fish hasn't sworn allegiance to any RB. He's been consistent in saying he would play the hot hand. Tre's the hot hand.

Zac has been impressive at times but not so much this season. If Tre hadn't been stripped on his last run, I would have no doubts that Fish would keep playing him heavy.

True about GRob but who better knows how to use GRob than Mason?

Mason was pass blocking and he did fine.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
CLICK HERE for show notes

[av]http://traffic.libsyn.com/ramsaddiction/81.mp3[/av]

I like digging up the quote from G. Williams about having to let our front 4 go hunt. I feel as if this is the biggest key to the rest of our season. Hopefully Greg can find a compromise between his blitzing and a 4 man pass rush.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz with this:
Unlike the QBs, Fish hasn't sworn allegiance to any RB. He's been consistent in saying he would play the hot hand. Tre's the hot hand.

Zac has been impressive at times but not so much this season. If Tre hadn't been stripped on his last run, I would have no doubts that Fish would keep playing him heavy.

True about GRob but who better knows how to use GRob than Mason?

Mason was pass blocking and he did fine.
A couple of things here:
So when when Brady went down with an injury and Cassel played so well in his absence Belicheat should have stayed with him instead of trading him? Obviously not going to happen but you understand that it's the same (IMO faulty) thinking right? A player has a good game in replacement of a good starter and he should be the new starter until he has a bad game? I can't agree with that type of thinking. I think that would just lead players to hide injuries for fear that despite their great body of work, a good game by their replacement could cost them their starting job.

Remember that great game Canidate had when MF was injured? 200 yds so with that thought process I guess he should have replaced MF eh? Again, unrealistic and ridiculous but it's still the same thought process to me.

Zac hasn't been impressive behind the horrible play of our O-line? I'm shocked! :eek: :LOL: Minimizing the replacement of Joseph with GRob is a mistake IMO. You don't need to have played with a player to run through the big holes he makes.

It's great to hear that Mason did well pass blocking. :banana: Of course that wasn't in the same type of passing O that a QB like SB would be playing so it needs to be taken in context yes?

RamzFanz

Damnit
A couple of things here:
So when when Brady went down with an injury and Cassel played so well in his absence Belicheat should have stayed with him instead of trading him? Obviously not going to happen but you understand that it's the same (IMO faulty) thinking right? A player has a good game in replacement of a good starter and he should be the new starter until he has a bad game? I can't agree with that type of thinking. I think that would just lead players to hide injuries for fear that despite their great body of work, a good game by their replacement could cost them their starting job.

Remember that great game Canidate had when MF was injured? 200 yds so with that thought process I guess he should have replaced MF eh? Again, unrealistic and ridiculous but it's still the same thought process to me.

Zac hasn't been impressive behind the horrible play of our O-line? I'm shocked! :eek: :LOL: Minimizing the replacement of Joseph with GRob is a mistake IMO. You don't need to have played with a player to run through the big holes he makes.

It's great to hear that Mason did well pass blocking. :banana: Of course that wasn't in the same type of passing O that a QB like SB would be playing so it needs to be taken in context yes?

Oh, I agree in principle. I was very surprised Snisher even drafted an RB.

I'm just saying I think Fisher will play TM more as long as he's playing good unless Stacy comes in and plays better. It's what he said he would do basically since training camp.

I have to say though, TM looked pretty damned smooth. 1 1/2 games is a small sample size, but he seems to have the talent to be a starting RB.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz sounding reasonable:
Oh, I agree in principle. I was very surprised Snisher even drafted an RB.

I'm just saying I think Fisher will play TM more as long as he's playing good unless Stacy comes in and plays better. It's what he said he would do basically since training camp.

I have to say though, TM looked pretty damned smooth. 1 1/2 games is a small sample size, but he seems to have the talent to be a starting RB.
I agree with all that zz. I just wish we were saying good things about that OLB we'd drafted instead Mason though. :( Although I don't remember what was available when we picked him, there must have been someone who would have upgraded what we have now at LB. Or maybe not and I should just be happy with getting another good RB. :cautious:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree with all that zz. I just wish we were saying good things about that OLB we'd drafted instead Mason though. :( Although I don't remember what was available when we picked him, there must have been someone who would have upgraded what we have now at LB. Or maybe not and I should just be happy with getting another good RB. :cautious:

TM was a steal where we drafted him. Donald was an even bigger steal. I'm 90% for draft the best available over needs. You can't predict your needs and you can always trade for someone you KNOW is good.

I wasn't even thinking OLB during the draft. I thought we were pretty good at the position considering all the spots we needed help.

Still, this is one talented team. I'm SO hoping Tree steps up and stops making mental mistakes.

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz with a differing draft strategy:
I wasn't even thinking OLB during the draft. I thought we were pretty good at the position considering all the spots we needed help.

I'm SO hoping Tree steps up and stops making mental mistakes.
Tree isn't playing the same position as he did last year because that's the only position Dunbar can play. I was for sure thinking O-line or WLB at that point in the draft. I say that because I knew there wasn't anything good left at FS to draft.

As for thinking that Donald wasn't a need, I disagree with that assumption. I spent considerable time last year and the during the lead up to the draft talking about how we needed to replace Langford. I know that most didn't agree with me but where are we now vis-a-vis Langford's play? I agree with you about Mason though.