Rams add Jeff garcia as an Offensive Assistant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
@Rmfnlt @DaveFan'51 ...look what you guys got me started on...don't you know I was almost banned on 3 sites for this
Carmella%20DeCesare6.jpg

addiction.....LOL

Rams Grab Wang

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't really care, but I can't see anything that Garcia could bring to this offense that isn't already in place...The majority here seems to like it, so I guess maybe I'm wrong...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't really care, but I can't see anything that Garcia could bring to this offense that isn't already in place...The majority here seems to like it, so I guess maybe I'm wrong...
Nah. You're only wrong if I like it.
And I haven't made my mind up yet, but I'll keep you posted.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
No dog in this fight either, but Wienke/Foles, Garcia/Backups appeals to me somehow, but in any case, Garcia will hardly be dictating or even affecting offensive philosophy.
Always liked him as a player though - tough and smart. (He had to be with his noodle arm).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No dog in this fight either, but Wienke/Foles, Garcia/Backups appeals to me somehow, but in any case, Garcia will hardly be dictating or even affecting offensive philosophy.
Always liked him as a player though - tough and smart. (He had to be with his noodle arm).
Yeah. It's just another set of eyes and another voice in the film room apparently.
That's markedly better than McDaniels' decision to have zero QB coaches.

Alan

Legend
Mikey Ram having second thoughts:
Or the only one thinking clearly. I was only doing some mental exercises concerning some minor general points about Garcia and QBs of his ilk in my other replies. I see only minor benefits and possibly some minor down sides (too many cooks) to this hire myself. So you might not be as alone as you think.

No holding hands and singing songs of solidarity though. :LOL:

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. You're only wrong if I like it.
And I haven't made my mind up yet, but I'll keep you posted.
Yeah... watch out for that X guy... he talks to himself... :p

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like a pretty darn good move to me! Chris Weinke AND Jeff Garcia should be a huge help to the Rams QB's this coming season!!!
Ya and you would think 2 eyes better than one, plus maybe the thought process was Jeff could work w/ Cigs while Weinke can focus w/ mannion on a daily bases
But in theory it does sound like a great add to the coaching staff

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I think OC Cig. is such a detail oriented guy from all I've heard about his over detailed practices and maybe HE see's some so called details that are'nt being addressed with so many new players and a new system for Foles and how different from what was being run before.

We now have Cignetti , Boras ,Weinke ,Garcia and I think it was reported Garcia was throwing to the WR's last week so a need has been created as his precence has been seen as a help not hindrence as "too many cooks". I wish we could add another OL coach to make sure Coach boo and his asst. have'nt bitten off more than they can chew with ALL the new OL blood and so much to be corrected and then retaught the NFL way.

I see Garcia as a QC, film room, wr arm and pattern help,idea guy and can help in so many area's. Nothing to overide Weinke at all. If Cig hits a homerun as many expect he may be on the coaching seat and we may move Weinke to OC and Garcia as QB coach for my spitballin. So many area's of a super efficient guy like Cig IS. He saw a hole and a need and a guy that fit. I see this as his call and Fisher gives what his guys need or ask for.

P.S. If a QB injury happens maybe our backup is much more ready.

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well in

In the CFL the field is wider and longer and less down to get 10 yards. Point being you got to be able to throw the rock well enough. Ya he wasn't Elway or Marnio chucking the ball but his arm was good enough to move the ball.

His brains will be an asset during the week.

MrMotes

Starter
Cigs has said that unlike Schottenheimer, he won't be spending a lot of time coaching the QB's, he'll let the QB coach do that...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have to wonder if this means the Rams are going to be running the type of WCO the Niners used to run. Which is, shall we say, slightly different than what Schottenheimer deployed.

MrMotes

Starter
I have to wonder if this means the Rams are going to be running the type of WCO the Niners used to run. Which is, shall we say, slightly different than what Schottenheimer deployed.

I don't think there's a lot to be read into this but Weinke was hired when Bradford was the QB. Foles came up with Andy Reid and the WCO, so maybe that's why Garcia is here and we will be running a WCO this year?

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
IMO, Fisher loved what he brought to the table and the fact he was successful at the NFL level gives him credibility within the Ranks...Plus IMO it puts more focus on the most important position on the field, like or not because I've always believed games are won and lost in the trenches, but you need a field general that not only provides you the opportunity to win, but can keep calm when the bullets are flying!
And as Jeff Fisher was quoted .... Garcia is somewhat of an expert on the West Coast system. He played under multiple variations of it. Maybe Fisher is leaning to going towards that kind of system? Morphing it with what Cignetti does? IDK ... but this can't hurt and JF is trying to add as much help to the O side of the ball this season.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Revisiting this thread and I'm still excited!!

My only question is brotheren, what sort of role do you forsee for Mr. Garcia? I can imagine Weinke will be the main man in our qbs' development but I'm curious what Garcia will be assigned to do. Hopefully it's not one of those "too many cooks in the kitchen" kind of thing.

Maybe he can make Mannion his pet project?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. It's just another set of eyes and another voice in the film room apparently.
That's markedly better than McDaniels' decision to have zero QB coaches.
Yeah... And those "eyes" are staring right at me. I chooser however to not even think of a voice in the film room. Another set of "eyes" maybe.
Carmella%20DeCesare6.jpg

BTW - did someone say something about coaches? Am I in the wrong thread? How did I get here?