Rams 90 man Roster Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was just looking at the Roster, on the Rams Official Web Site. And if you Add in the known UDFA signings, and Subtract Bailey as Injured, and Mason as Suspended we are at "90"!
And that is not counting Whitner as signed. Can anyone verify my count!? Or am I mistaken!?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I think (sort of know) that Bailey, Mason and Watts count against the 90 man limit. The need to make cuts or designate some UDFAs as tryouts are why the Rams have note made the UDFAs official

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ncreases-offseason-roster-limit-to-90-players

The league has increased the offseason roster limit from 80 to 90 players, effective 4 p.m. ET Tuesday. The NFL's Management Council voted on the move Monday, according to league spokesman Greg Aiello.

A few notes:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ncreases-offseason-roster-limit-to-90-players
By Marc Sessler NFL.com

The NFL announced that the first roster cutdown day
  • The 90-man roster will include active, inactive, practice-squad, exempt and reserve-list players. It also will house unsigned draft choices and franchise free agents, per Aiello.
  • The deadline, from 90 to 75 players, is set for the third week of preseason games.
  • Not a surprise, but only the 51 highest-paid players count toward the salary cap, The Associated Press confirmed Monday.
Teams have $87,362 for UDFA signing bonuses

The day after the 2014 NFL draft ends, the people who moved the thing forward by two weeks will be spending times with their mothers or the mothers of their children. The people who are responsible for putting teams together will be spending the day pursuing undrafted free agents.

To lure a class of undrafted free agents, the teams will have up to $80,362 each for signing bonuses or amounts treated as signing bonuses to offer. That’s a total amount per team, not per player.