Ram fan runs into Demoff on a plane

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Dude posted a picture of them too and Demoff was flying coach. I'd thought he would be in 1st class? Anyway, I like what he had to say:

Just boarded a plane from Atlanta to L.A and Kevin Demoff is on my flight! So Here's the scoop, I spoke with Kevin for about 30 minutes one on one, and here's what I took away from our conversation. Not to worry about AD, he will be taken care of, Cooks will be signed long term as well, the newly acquired one year contracts from free agency will also be aggressive in keeping them over several year extensions. Whitworth loves being a Ram and has no current intentions of retiring anytime soon. Dez Bryant wanted to be a Ram but the Rams said, thanks but no thanks. OBJ was never in the conversation. The team is looking to keep the practice and training facilities in the Thousand Oaks area even after the new stadium is built. The area is well liked by the players, coaches and office personnel. The new uniforms will have no more St. Louis Gold at all, rather a combination of the Canary yellow, Royal Blue and white. Not sure of the design as of yet, NFL is working with Nike to hopefully have them out by 2019 season, but probably looking at 2020 season release. Kevin was a very down to earth guy, really emphasized the team is pushed to build a hi caliber team for the city and fans. The team really took note of the huge Rams crowd at the Falcons playoff game and wants to make it like that at all the home games. He feels our team is positioned to be a serious contender for at least the next five years. He's very excited about the future of the L.A. Rams! If I can remember anything else I will let you know. Go Rams!

View attachment 24933

Great/Exciting Information! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

Psycho_X

Legend
People wondering if Demoff would be upfront and honest with fans... hmmm. I'll just keep to myself. But I hope the canary yellow is true.

giphy.gif

Ram65

Legend
OBJ was never in the conversation.

I'm pretty sure that OBJ was media speculation. IIRC Snead said something that the Rams are always looking to improve or something when asked about OBJ. So Les didn't deny interest. The media ran with it and so did many of us. I get would make everyone wonder if the Rams were really interested.

Not a fan of the Canary Yellow.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
wonder if that means a royal blue helmet as well , or are they just gonna stick with a helmet that never matches.............lol

8230_football_3843.jpg

ARams.jpg

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Domestic First Class sucks - especially on United
Sometimes it's best to fly coach on smaller planes and on shorter trips

p.s. Demoff rules

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
St Louis earned the gold by winning a Super Bowl. The original gold was bright and no matter what yall say, the 2000 uniforms were the best in the league... till the whole "lets go Brown-gold and totally suck while still in STL".
The timing wouldn't match with this idea. It takes two years to get a color change ok'd. That would mean the 4-12 Rams "earned" the gold.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The timing wouldn't match with this idea. It takes two years to get a color change ok'd. That would mean the 4-12 Rams "earned" the gold.

Yeah I didnt mean to imply they were awarded anything special, just the timing. I mean I dont know or care about the uniform rules of 1998 or if they were even related.
Lucky maybe but either way, 1st Superbowl win just in time to go gold.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Should've mentioned "bring back the thicker horns, not those skinny rounder ones that look bad from the front."

FqvxcWw.jpg

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
The new uniforms will have no more St. Louis Gold at all, rather a combination of the Canary yellow, Royal Blue and white. Not sure of the design as of yet, NFL is working with Nike to hopefully have them out by 2019 season, but probably looking at 2020 season release.

I'm hoping something got lost in translation here, but it sounds like it's the league and Nike who are doing the new uniform design. I mean, if it was just a timing issue, there would be no need for the league to work with anyone, the league has its timing rules in place, right? So what? Well, to my knowledge, the last time the league and Nike worked together on uniforms, it was the color rush eye-apocalypse. Fingers crossed.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm hoping something got lost in translation here, but it sounds like it's the league and Nike who are doing the new uniform design. I mean, if it was just a timing issue, there would be no need for the league to work with anyone, the league has its timing rules in place, right? So what? Well, to my knowledge, the last time the league and Nike worked together on uniforms, it was the color rush eye-apocalypse. Fingers crossed.

still comes down to the owners approval

NIKE might design them , but they only go off the owners wishes

I'm sure NIKE comes in with all kinds of concept art , but the owner is still the one who says , I like this , I don't like that

NIKE just redid the Titans , Jaguars and Dolphins new uniforms , and I actually kind of like all three of them

design wise anyways , now their color scheme , thats a different story.....................lol

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
still comes down to the owners approval

NIKE might design them , but they only go off the owners wishes

I'm sure NIKE comes in with all kinds of concept art , but the owner is still the one who says , I like this , I don't like that

NIKE just redid the Titans , Jaguars and Dolphins new uniforms , and I actually kind of like all three of them

design wise anyways , now their color scheme , thats a different story.....................lol
Except Demoff purportedly said it was the league working with Nike, not "we" or "the Rams" or Stan.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Except Demoff purportedly said it was the league working with Nike, not "we" or "the Rams" or Stan.
Still starts with the Rams front office though

First they have to submit the paper work to even make a uniform change , then they give their idea's to NIKE . and then NIKE is the one who have to make a uniform the League will approve

yes they have to work with the League , because the League has final approval

But NIKE will still design the uniform off of Kroenke's imput

Amy Adams Strunk of the Titans pretty much deigned the entire Titans uniform herself , or at least had final say all the way

EasyE

Starter
we only need mid 80's color scheme...and no border around #'s...

or color rush please!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're reading something in there that isn't there. We've seen from KD in the past he's said they plan on having new uniforms when the stadium opens and when they do they'll engage the fans on their design. The NFL and Nike aren't going to tell the Rams what they have to wear but they'll submit their ideas to Nike then work with them on what the uniforms become.